New SI 2017 Draft has Brad at # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's going to be a first rounder...name 3 junior/senior QB's that are better

Watson, Barrett, Mayfield, Falk, and Kelly for starters. I'm sure other names will emerge, but here's one that I expect to blow up big-time. Mitch Trubisky at UNC.

Let me rephrase, since you're talking college...name there better PRO prospects at QB because there is no way in **** spread system QB's are better than a kid that's played 3 years in a pro style offense with a high completion percentage...at all. Other than Marcus Mariota there hasn't been a true spread system QB yet that have even played more than 5 years in the league but even Marcus didn't even play in a true spread system

On top of that I'm pretty sure kaaya can outsmart all of the qbs when talking football on the boards, he has always thoroughly impressed in that aspect. He has a real good sense of knowledge of the game and the NFL scouts will love that

You're pretty sure he can outsmart the competition based on what? Man Brock, love your enthusiasm, but you can't make sweeping statements like that. It just makes you look silly.

Based on he learned an entire playbook in 2 months...there's a bunch of NFL players let alone NCAA D1 players that can't do that. None of the guys you named did that....Barrett as of last year wasn't even the starter of his own team til 7 games into the season.

Advertisement
Watson, Barrett, Mayfield, Falk, and Kelly for starters. I'm sure other names will emerge, but here's one that I expect to blow up big-time. Mitch Trubisky at UNC.

Let me rephrase, since you're talking college...name there better PRO prospects at QB because there is no way in **** spread system QB's are better than a kid that's played 3 years in a pro style offense with a high completion percentage...at all. Other than Marcus Mariota there hasn't been a true spread system QB yet that have even played more than 5 years in the league but even Marcus didn't even play in a true spread system

On top of that I'm pretty sure kaaya can outsmart all of the qbs when talking football on the boards, he has always thoroughly impressed in that aspect. He has a real good sense of knowledge of the game and the NFL scouts will love that

You're pretty sure he can outsmart the competition based on what? Man Brock, love your enthusiasm, but you can't make sweeping statements like that. It just makes you look silly.

Based on he learned an entire playbook in 2 months...there's a bunch of NFL players let alone NCAA D1 players that can't do that. None of the guys you named did that....Barrett as of last year wasn't even the starter of his own team til 7 games into the season.

He didn't know the entire playbook, nor did he execute it fully in two months. That's revisionist history right there. I can assure you that Brock isn't as familiar with the guys he tabbed as not as quick as Kaaya as he is with Kaaya. If bet nobody on this board is in a position to say that, not any scout, nor any coach unless they've been around both quite a bit. It was a dumb statement on his part.

Barrett was the starter before injury over Cardale Jones. He was one of the two frontrunners for the Heisman and went down with injury. Cardale balled out and then struggled this year. Either way, I'd say he's clearly the man up there now.

Last edited:

He didn't know the entire playbook, not execute it fully in two months. That's revisionist history right there.

Barrett was the starter before injury over Cardale Jones. He was one of the two frontrunners for the Heisman and went down with injury. Cardale balled out and then struggled this year. Either way, I'd say he's clearly the man up there now.
oh you're right it was 3 months and a week......but none of these guys did that either btw what do you mean he heard footsteps?? Did you not watch the games to see him step up into pressure to deliver throws or maybe throw everybody open other than Stacy and David?? What's next are you going to tell me he's a poor decision maker even though he only threw 5 picks??? Are you going to tell me these guys have better mechanics than Kaaya(only Rosen does so please don't try)...btw just because he did line up in spread doesn't change the fact that 1) None of the QB's mentioned have taken a snap under center(that will never change in the NFL) 2) none of them know how to do a proper roll out( still a staple in NFL offenses) 3) everyone outside of Falk has ****** mechanics 4) they have to teach them 3, 5, and 7 foot drops and 5) they don't know how to read a defense because their reads are already pre determined(you know the whole idea of the spread was created, to simplify the offense) and do you know why Marcus Mariota has had success in the NFL while there's a whole 25 years worth of spread QB's that didn't?? Because his reads weren't predetermined in Oregon because they don't play in a traditional spread offense...at all and now you're telling me that 5 QB's that play in a traditional spread offense are better pro prospects than Kaaya?? gtfoh

Last edited:
Incanecünt is one of those shít "fans" that are all over the interwebs that just love to hate on our teams and players, just to inflame their váginas. Stupid fück is shíttíng over the one player we can ill afford to lose.

Oh, and he's now a quarterback expert because he read somewhere that Kaaya needs to improve his footwork.

These guys on message boards love to use scout talk to tear down players, it's comical.

Advertisement
There are things I need to see Brad work on before he leaves. Accuracy when on the move, better down and distance awareness (no more throwing the ball to the LOS when it's 3rd and 12), and last but certainly not least, more fire and sense of urgency. It's great that he can stay calm under pressure, but that can sometimes make other players too relaxed when there NEEDS to be urgency. I need to see him lead this team, not just be a good passer at times. I certainly believe he has all the tools to be the next great UM QB here and the NFL, and I believe the last coaching staff didn't do the best job in the world coaching him up. Richt SHOULD take his game to another level, and I feel that could certainly make him the #1 overall draft pick whenever he comes out. I don't think that's in 2017, though. I think he stays two more years.

Rest assure that BK, coach Richt, the whole staff, as well as myself all care deeply about your needs. If you NEED it, everybody will get to work asap to make sure you get it.

It's been far too long since we've had a QB go in the 1st round - Walsh was the last one, I think - in '92 or so....

Hopefully Kaaya can get it started again...

Having a player go #1 would be great for crooting

Advertisement
Ok, so I should have said "like" for the first one. The second one, for Brad's sake, he needs to work on. It's cool to be cool under fire, but if you're too cool acting some of the players around you don't sense the urgency. Got it? It's one reason our 2 minute drill has looked non-existent. There is never a sense of urgency. Tell me if I'm wrong, this time without mocking the use of one word.

There are things I need to see Brad work on before he leaves. Accuracy when on the move, better down and distance awareness (no more throwing the ball to the LOS when it's 3rd and 12), and last but certainly not least, more fire and sense of urgency. It's great that he can stay calm under pressure, but that can sometimes make other players too relaxed when there NEEDS to be urgency. I need to see him lead this team, not just be a good passer at times. I certainly believe he has all the tools to be the next great UM QB here and the NFL, and I believe the last coaching staff didn't do the best job in the world coaching him up. Richt SHOULD take his game to another level, and I feel that could certainly make him the #1 overall draft pick whenever he comes out. I don't think that's in 2017, though. I think he stays two more years.

Rest assure that BK, coach Richt, the whole staff, as well as myself all care deeply about your needs. If you NEED it, everybody will get to work asap to make sure you get it.

These Canes 3.0 fans have been starved. It's been like 15 years since we have had a pretty good quarterback and the man crushes are at an all-time high.

Kaaya projected as #2 overall to the 49ers by Todd mcshay today

Kaaya projected as #2 overall to the 49ers by Todd mcshay today

279557_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Impossibru_2560x1440.jpg

Our great scouting department told me he's not good enough

Advertisement
Incanecünt is one of those shít "fans" that are all over the interwebs that just love to hate on our teams and players, just to inflame their váginas. Stupid fück is shíttíng over the one player we can ill afford to lose.

Oh, and he's now a quarterback expert because he read somewhere that Kaaya needs to improve his footwork.

The dumb ***** had the audacity to claim that JT Barrett, a read-option QB with a pop gun arm, is a better prospect than Kaaya. That should automatically disqualify him from speaking on this subject.

Kaaya with one of the best qb coaches ever? Okay sign me up. We in for a show fellas. You already see kaayas improvement back to the traditional pro style O based off of his spring performances recently with richt.

Seriously, this is a match made in Cane heaven. We have arguably the best QB coach in the country teaching one of the best pro prospects we have ever had at the position. It's a good time to be a Cane.
Kaaya with one of the best qb coaches ever? Okay sign me up. We in for a show fellas. You already see kaayas improvement back to the traditional pro style O based off of his spring performances recently with richt.

Advertisement
Ok, so I should have said "like" for the first one. The second one, for Brad's sake, he needs to work on. It's cool to be cool under fire, but if you're too cool acting some of the players around you don't sense the urgency. Got it? It's one reason our 2 minute drill has looked non-existent. There is never a sense of urgency. Tell me if I'm wrong, this time without mocking the use of one word.

Ok, since you put it that way...I agree that UM could benefit from a little fire out of BK now and then, and I would love to see him take control of a game. That said, I would largely blame the previous staff for our 2 minute drill and redbone play, and I doubt the NFL cares very much. All they seem to care about anymore are measurables. if he has a slightly better year than 2015 he should go in the first, win over fsu or no.

Oh no doubt, the coaching staff was certainly a HUGE part of the problem. I'm sure they did all they could to keep him composed, especially since he started right out of high school, but it felt like the whole time they were keeping him in some protective bubble. Turn him loose, let him go out there and make plays. Also, the damned stupid plays.... I will not miss X-Box Coley calling plays. That alone held Brad back.

Finally we have a real coaching staff, and I'm 100% confident in Richt taking Brad's game to the next level, which is certainly first round material.

Ok, since you put it that way...I agree that UM could benefit from a little fire out of BK now and then, and I would love to see him take control of a game. That said, I would largely blame the previous staff for our 2 minute drill and redbone play, and I doubt the NFL cares very much. All they seem to care about anymore are measurables. if he has a slightly better year than 2015 he should go in the first, win over fsu or no.

INCaneFan really hates Brad Kaaya.

Baker Mayfield over Kaaya? All I can say is wow. I never understand why people who hate everything Miami and do nothing but tear down our players and coaches decide to post here

INCaneFan really hates Brad Kaaya.

Baker Mayfield over Kaaya? All I can say is wow. I never understand why people who hate everything Miami and do nothing but tear down our players and coaches decide to post here

Baker mayfield is a baller though, haven't seen incanefan say anything positive about Miami. He doesn't like kaaya, Doesn't like Jack Allison lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back