New SI 2017 Draft has Brad at # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Richt can't win the ACC with the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft playing for him........

Did Sonny Dykes win the Pac 12 with Goff ?... Nope

No, but his 2 WR's and his RB that battled injuries his entire senior season basically we're all drafted Saturday. There was talent there, and they finished 6-6

Cal's problems have rarely been offense. The only way their defense could be worse, though, is with Donuts coaching.

Advertisement
If Richt can't win the ACC with the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft playing for him........

No, but his 2 WR's and his RB that battled injuries his entire senior season basically we're all drafted Saturday. There was talent there, and they finished 6-6

Cal's problems have rarely been offense. The only way their defense could be worse, though, is with Donuts coaching.

The ol at Cal was god awful, Goff took quite the beating

Kind of like the way Brad did...

That was the O-line from the the year before as well when Daniel Lasco ran for 1,000...I'm surprised Lasco was able to even get out of the backfield in the few games I watched the last 2 years

worse dude, worse

Advertisement

Cal's ol made ours look like 90's Cowboys ol

And this was SI's 2016 mock draft from May 2015:

2016 NFL Mock Draft: Tennessee Titans draft Shawn Oakman No. 1

Shawn Oakman was #1
Christian Hackenberg was #6
Connor Cook was #9
Cardale Jones was #17
Goff: Not listed
Wentz: Not listed

Basically their mock draft means ..... not much. But it gives Brad and us great exposure

They didn't have a good year on their picks and as I keep saying, I'll be shocked if Kaaya is a first rounder barring major improvement in some areas.

If I gambled and I could get someone to take the bet, I'd bet everything I owned on him not being the number one pick next year.

Shawn Oakman was #1
Connor Cook was #9
Cardale Jones was #17

Basically their mock draft means ..... not much. But it gives Brad and us great exposure

They didn't have a good year on their picks and as I keep saying, I'll be shocked if Kaaya is a first rounder barring major improvement in some areas.

If I gambled and I could get someone to take the bet, I'd bet everything I owned on him not being the number one pick next year.

He's going to be a first rounder...name 3 junior/senior QB's that are better

Give me Kaaya and Rosen in '18 over Jameis and Marcus everyday of the week

Would he be the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] pick in the 2018 draft if he stays?
no, Unless Josh Rosen pulls a Christian Hackenburg then he's the #1 by a head and shoulders...but it will be the first time that there's two legitimate Franchise QB's in a draft in a long time

There were 2 last year in Winston and Mariota. As much as I dislike Winston and hope he fails, he's a franchise QB. As a Titans fan, I hated the Mariota pick but he clearly showed he can play despite no running game and being sacked the most in the league.

what???

gtfoh. You just ruined all credibility if you had any.

Advertisement

Shawn Oakman was #1
Connor Cook was #9
Cardale Jones was #17

Watson, Barrett, Mayfield, Falk, and Kelly for starters. I'm sure other names will emerge, but here's one that I expect to blow up big-time. Mitch Trubisky at UNC.

Lol trying to equate Christian hackenberg to kaaya... Foh with the dumb ****. Every year hackenberg regressed and just didn't have it. Kaaya is a stud and will go in the first round if he comes out... Kaaya has size, production and a good arm. He should put it all together under richt this year and in this new offense. He will most likely be the first qb taken since his game translates better for the pros better than anyone else out there.

And lol trying to say Rosen has a rocket on his arm compared to kaaya. Is it good? Of course, but did he have a better season than kaaya his freshman year? No not really... Plus kaaya showed the scope of his arm more so in his freshman year then he did last year IMO. Especially when you consider the deep ball to dorsett, yearby at times that year. Kaaya will improve on his numbers even more with one of the great qb coaches of all time. Instead of the read pass option at the beginning of every play he can just hit a 3 step drop and sling the ball. This will help him ALOT. Kaaya is primed for a BIG season

Rosen stats( freshman)
292 for 487 60% 3669 7.5 yards an attempt 23 tds 11 ints qbr=134.3

Kaaya stats (freshman)
221 for 378 59% 3198 8.5 yards per attempt
26 tds 12 ints qbr=145.9

You can say kaaya had the same if not better freshman year

Last edited:

Shawn Oakman was #1
Connor Cook was #9
Cardale Jones was #17

Watson, Barrett, Mayfield, Falk, and Kelly for starters. I'm sure other names will emerge, but here's one that I expect to blow up big-time. Mitch Trubisky at UNC.

Scouts don't think that, right now it's
1. Watson,
2.kaaya
3. Kelly or Faulk and then the rest .

Shawn Oakman was #1
Connor Cook was #9
Cardale Jones was #17

Let me rephrase, since you're talking college...name there better PRO prospects at QB because there is no way in **** spread system QB's are better than a kid that's played 3 years in a pro style offense with a high completion percentage...at all, especially when the spread guys are in the same ballpark or lower in completion percentage. Other than Marcus Mariota there hasn't been a true spread system QB yet that have even played more than 5 years in the league but even Marcus didn't even play in a true spread system

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd be shocked if Brad isn't a top 5 pick whenever he enters the draft. I could realistically see him staying for his senior year regardless of draft grade. Those who don't think Brad is a 1st round pick is lying to themselves. Brad would have been a 1st rounder with Coley coaching him and you don't think he will be a 1st rounder with 1-2 years of Richt coaching him up? Stop it.

Shawn Oakman was #1
Connor Cook was #9
Cardale Jones was #17

Let me rephrase, since you're talking college...name there better PRO prospects at QB because there is no way in **** spread system QB's are better than a kid that's played 3 years in a pro style offense with a high completion percentage...at all. Other than Marcus Mariota there hasn't been a true spread system QB yet that have even played more than 5 years in the league but even Marcus didn't even play in a true spread system

On top of that I'm pretty sure kaaya can outsmart all of the qbs when talking football on the boards, he has always thoroughly impressed in that aspect. He has a real good sense of knowledge of the game and the NFL scouts will love that

I personally don't like to do projections because so much hasn't happened yet. But if Kaaya was in this year's draft (2016), when would he have been picked?

Advertisement
I personally don't like to do projections because so much hasn't happened yet. But if Kaaya was in this year's draft (2016), when would he have been picked?

Good question I think he would have been the best quarterback in the draft but a late first early second by year three he would make that franchise right about picking him now... but now with a head coach like Richt coaching him up Kaaya is the first QB off the board whenever he comes out just hope it's not Cleveland

Shawn Oakman was #1
Connor Cook was #9
Cardale Jones was #17

Scouts don't think that, right now it's
1. Watson,
2.kaaya
3. Kelly or Faulk and then the rest .

What scouts? I'm not talking about what some publication or internet website either. How many scouts do you know? How many scouts have pubically shown their big board for next year?

Let me rephrase, since you're talking college...name there better PRO prospects at QB because there is no way in **** spread system QB's are better than a kid that's played 3 years in a pro style offense with a high completion percentage...at all. Other than Marcus Mariota there hasn't been a true spread system QB yet that have even played more than 5 years in the league but even Marcus didn't even play in a true spread system

On top of that I'm pretty sure kaaya can outsmart all of the qbs when talking football on the boards, he has always thoroughly impressed in that aspect. He has a real good sense of knowledge of the game and the NFL scouts will love that

You're pretty sure he can outsmart the competition based on what? Man Brock, love your enthusiasm, but you can't make sweeping statements like that. It just makes you look silly.

Shawn Oakman was #1
Connor Cook was #9
Cardale Jones was #17

Let me rephrase, since you're talking college...name there better PRO prospects at QB because there is no way in **** spread system QB's are better than a kid that's played 3 years in a pro style offense with a high completion percentage...at all, especially when the spread guys are in the same ballpark or lower in completion percentage. Other than Marcus Mariota there hasn't been a true spread system QB yet that have even played more than 5 years in the league but even Marcus didn't even play in a true spread system

Right now, I would rather have every single one I listed at the next level minus my projection of the UNC QB.

You can say pro-style all you like and while it was our base, we played a fair amount of spread. I am not going to repeat the flaws I see in BK's game, he's good, but overhyped here unless it's right after a game where he gets ragged on a good deal. What we've seen so far, there's not an offense in the NFL that wouldn't be limited by those weaknesses. If he has time, sets his feet, not a hint of a rush that causes him to move (often time he hears footsteps when there are none), then he's usually pretty good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back