2023 New RB offer Kyron Jones

Advertisement
A lot of these HS highlight reels can be misleading. This kid has good straight-line speed and he has a frame that can add more mass. The issues I see are he runs stiff and stands upright when he runs. Even in traffic. You can get away with that in HS but he needs to learn to run behind his pads so he can finish his runs falling forward.

Also, on each play he's running through a hole 5-7 yards wide so you can't judge his vision or cutback ability. Plus the competition on that reel looks sorry as ****. Really poor effort trying to tackle him.

IDK man, I didn't see any elite traits.

I'd say the speed is elite, or **** close...And see even another step on senior stuff
and at 195 I'd say elite size/speed combo

There's some nice slashing ability here.

I would agree he does run upright and is kinda raw. But I think he's a definite take...And could up at RB or even S...Some defensive highlights senior year as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
His Junior tape was underwhelming
Looking forward to his full senior HL. Everyone of his individual game clips has a long TD run where he blows by angles. Competition is weak but the speed is real.

Concerns would be elusiveness, ability to generate explosive power through the hips and generally football movement v. track. But if he gets a lane it is 6 points.

Advertisement
Looking forward to his full senior HL. Everyone of his individual game clips has a long TD run where he blows by angles. Competition is weak but the speed is real.

Concerns would be elusiveness, ability to generate explosive power through the hips and generally football movement v. track. But if he gets a lane it is 6 points.

Lamar Miller comp?

How is this guy different from Lingard seems like the same concerns but I would imagine Lingard prob had better track times. Can't look it up right now.

Advertisement
Jones isn’t the best player on his offense. If we want Jones we should also kick the tires on grant Tucker the 4* WR

Advertisement
That’s a concern because so was Lingard.

But if you run the Veer and Shoot (please Baby Jesus!); then his skill set would fit in just fine.
Lingard was brain dead to football. Not sure what offense this guy plays in but Lingard played in a option attack and couldnt transfer it to a college offense. His issues are mental related.

Yes, all of this and poor pad-level as well.

We need to do better than him on the trail or in the portal.

Nothing special about this kid and legitimate concerns about his game. Need to do MUCH better than him at RB.

Advertisement
Back