2023 New RB offer Kyron Jones

Advertisement
He is the best RB in the nation. I said it since i watchee his film in the summer. But if we cant get him i would rather get CJ and whoever else. I would not want just Fletcher. We need game breakers
Mario could EASILY sell CJ on immediate playing time. Funny how a kid locked into Texas, has rocked UM Gear for over 2yrs now. If Early playing time..Kevin Smith being a Good RB Coach, and a Great NIL package can't sell him, and Texas always having a Horde of RBs too boot, then I don't know what to say.

Baxter is obviously 1a and 1b. Fletcher has some really good natural ability, I can see why the coaches hold him in really high regard. Some of the things he does just come natural to him for a guy of his size.

Mario is a recruiting maniac so he's going to kick the tires with a lot of players that have some intangibles like speed, and maybe need to be coached up on the others. He's said it many times too, recruiting never stops so he's looking at anyway he can to upgrade what we have in the room.

Roster turnover is going to be a mutli year thing so some guys are going to be those you hope are immediate and impact guys that elevate an entire room, others are going to be guys you hope you get the development and contribute after a year or two in a college S&C. There isn't a one size fits all.

With 40 guys or so (rumored) to be turning over there will be a handful of takes that you have to work on some attributes and other are ready to compete for PT immediately. It's nice to see a staff that is going hard after multiple players and not putting their eggs in one basket or saying there is only one way to do something. Talent acquisition, then go out and do it again and again.

Mario could EASILY sell CJ on immediate playing time. Funny how a kid locked into Texas, has rocked UM Gear for over 2yrs now. If Early playing time..Kevin Smith being a Good RB Coach, and a Great NIL package can't sell him, and Texas always having a Horde of RBs too boot, then I don't know what to say.
Agreed. I said it when he committed to Texas that this would go into December.

Advertisement
Good speed and acceleration. Runs pretty physical but doesn’t look to have much wiggle. One cut , straight line guy. He has great balance. On field speed doesn’t match times imo.
Like Stanley a bit this year, I don't mind those types of guys behind suspect OL that will hopefully continue to improve. Less dancing in the backfield and more straight line is fine by me on 3rd and 2, when the dancing isn't necessary that is....

Maybe, but Mario recently took a 3 star RB from Mississippi at Oregon that didn’t have offers from Ole Miss or Miss St. Trey Benson.

Big physical kid with some long speed, and now he is one of best RB in America the way he is tending.
I didn’t say it was impossible, but the odds aren’t in your favor. He’s not a take over the other kids I mentioned

Gattis has hurt us in recruiting if im honest. His offense has been abominable. And i was of the mind to give him time. But he has to go as soon as Pitt game is over and we have to bring in someone who credentials are beyond reproach.
The biggest thing was it did zero to break up bad narratives about Mario… Mario being notorious for not elevating his QB or running a crummy conservative offense

He did the biggest disservice to himself and perception

Last edited:
UGA wants him at DB….
0FF775C8-096C-4277-87D0-2F961DE9692F.jpeg

I am kinda blah on him at RB too honestly. I wouldn’t be upset if we took him or anything, just a lot of question marks for me with him. Best case scenario for him is you build a monster front for him that allows him to get his shoulders square after one cut and get to going. The size and speed combo is intriguing, but we have seen big, fast, tight hipped backs before not work out.

Advertisement
Not sure if this is the case for CJ, but not all RBs want early playing time cause as seen in the NFL as teams value RBs with more “tread on the tires”

UGA wants him at DB….
View attachment 215490

I am kinda blah on him at RB too honestly. I wouldn’t be upset if we took him or anything, just a lot of question marks for me with him. Best case scenario for him is you build a monster front for him that allows him to get his shoulders square after one cut and get to going. The size and speed combo is intriguing, but we have seen big, fast, tight hipped backs before not work out.
Didn’t they want Chris Johnson Jr at DB

I saw the same thing with the speed.
But I’ve noticed that taller smooth runners tend to be an optical illusion.
They don’t get caught but look slow while they’re doing it.
They look like they’re gliding out there.
Just cause someone is a “track guy” and has speed doesn’t mean that they’re running form is smooth.

Maybe some of the track experts on here can chime in and correct me if I’m wrong.

I love track and field, in particular sprinters. So I'm not an expert, but yes, he runs like a sprinter. Look at his head and body poster. It's very upright, head level without much movement, just like a sprinter.

Sprinters keep it smooth, little wasted movement. That's why you see their heads typically (not always) very level. Arm movement is something you don't see in football and it's crucial to fast times. So while he's fast, add the gear, take away the arm movement, he loses some of that track time and becomes more human on the football field.

We have the listed times and he's likely kept some strength that would help him on the football field off his body. Basically making him faster with pads on.

Good balance for sure, that comes with his running form. He gets into his drive phase (burst where he takes off) and then focuses on putting ground behind him at top speed.

For those who run the 200 and above, they always talk about running a turn. Normal people think, what's so hard about that? At speed as a sprinter, it takes work and making a quick cut or lateral movement is next to impossible because of the speed you're running at. That explains why he looks somewhat stiff at times.

Kid can move and when he learns to balance top end and cuts, he will be better. That's easier said than done. It's why a lot of track guys have problems breaking through in college. You recruit that speed and work on the rest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll take the healthy version of Cam Harris all day
I agree as mentally weak our team is this year we could of used some explosive runs to keep the moral up. That might of made the difference in a one score game like A&M. With that said this guy isn't on Cam level Cam had some good HS highlights against good competition.

Some of y’all are over exaggerating saying he runs upright like Lingard. He runs nowhere near as upright as Lingard. I knew as soon as I saw Lingard tape his running style was gonna be a little bit of a problem, I don’t feel that watching his tape.

Advertisement
Back