Confirmed New RB Coach - Matt Merritt (from USF)

Who gives a **** if ppl know his name rn? Everyone knew Gattis and he had awards to his name. ***. Everyone knew Enos as he walked out on Saban during the night. ***. The list goes on.

Can you recruit? Can you teach the nuances at rb? Perfect.

It's also a bonus that he comes from the Golesh tree. Bring some creative concepts to our run game plz.

Advertisement
If there’s any position where pedigree isn’t as important it’s RB Coach. With the OL Mario has built you’d have to be one of the worst recruiters in America to not be able to land decent RBs.

Or Mario is scared of USF and wants some insight before we play them.

I think two questions still remain regarding this hire:

A) Who did Uncle Puke want for the job instead? It's a given that this person would've worked for free and locked down every recruit in Dade etc etc.

B) Did Mario even bother to call Soldy to gauge interest if he wanted to come back?

3) Capital University- a college from The Simpsons OR an online course people with less than perfect credit histories must complete before Capital One issues them a credit card with a $300 limit and a 78% APR/$99 annual fee?

I think two questions still remain regarding this hire:

A) Who did Uncle Puke want for the job instead? It's a given that this person would've worked for free and locked down every recruit in Dade etc etc.

B) Did Mario even bother to call Soldy to gauge interest if he wanted to come back?

3) Capital University- a college from The Simpsons OR an online course people with less than perfect credit histories must complete before Capital One issues them a credit card with a $300 limit and a 78% APR/$99 annual fee?

Advertisement
Beard is from Ft Lauderdale, played here, etc. Where did this guy play or come from? You nor anyone else here would know the answer to that question without looking it up. ****, I have never heard of the school. Google his name and the first thing that pops up is some famous rodeo clown and I hope he changes that.

Local kids all knew about Beard and if they didn't their parents did. There is no comparison.

I'm not here to diminish the man, as I said, I don't know him. Throw enough money at recruits and produce some results, he'll be fine. As I said, he'll go as the offense does.

Your silly *** comeback holds no water.
You didn't diminish him at all in your post.

Meh, whatever, but good for this guy. I don't know him, the recruits won't as well, and those who recruit against him will use that. None of which means he can't be outstanding at his job, so good luck to him in it. He'll go as does the OC'er and his play calling. Give him talent to work with, recruit next, and he'll be fine. That's the case with most position coaches.

Ummmm. How do you know who recruits know, bro?

Advertisement
Beard is from Ft Lauderdale, played here, etc. Where did this guy play or come from? You nor anyone else here would know the answer to that question without looking it up. ****, I have never heard of the school. Google his name and the first thing that pops up is some famous rodeo clown and I hope he changes that.

Local kids all knew about Beard and if they didn't their parents did. There is no comparison.

I'm not here to diminish the man, as I said, I don't know him. Throw enough money at recruits and produce some results, he'll be fine. As I said, he'll go as the offense does.

Your silly *** comeback holds no water.

Attachments

• IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 0
Meh, whatever, but good for this guy. I don't know him, the recruits won't as well, and those who recruit against him will use that. None of which means he can't be outstanding at his job, so good luck to him in it. He'll go as does the OC'er and his play calling. Give him talent to work with, recruit next, and he'll be fine. That's the case with most position coaches.
The recruits know Addae from Georgia right

Who gives a **** if ppl know his name rn? Everyone knew Gattis and he had awards to his name. ***. Everyone knew Enos as he walked out on Saban during the night. ***. The list goes on.

Can you recruit? Can you teach the nuances at rb? Perfect.

It's also a bonus that he comes from the Golesh tree. Bring some creative concepts to our run game plz.
Hopefully everyone will know his name in a few years.

Advertisement
A few nuggets here:

Big fan of the Golesh/Heupel tree. USF had a top 30 rushing offense this past year and Georgia Southern was top 20 in total offense in '22 when he was the RB coach there. Was the RB coach at JMU before they moved to FBS.

I'm not gonna knock the hire.

I will point out that that over the last year Mario has given this guy, JT, Woodiel and both coordinators their first P5 jobs. This board would burn to the ground if this was any other coach.

Just let Addae be next (and hopefully its someone who at least has a wikipedia page).

JT has turned out to be one of the top 3 recruiters on a staff full of them; and one of the best in the nation. I’d say that’s a hit.

Woodiel is TBD.

And we’ll see on this guy, but he was going to coordinate the running game at USF this season. I think he also had assistant HC as well.

Advertisement
Apparently was a finalist for the South Carolina RB job that went to Marquell Blackwell

Advertisement
Back