Confirmed New RB Coach - Matt Merritt (from USF)

Yes, I agree he couldn’t put on weight.

I think he’s still 230lbs as of this post. It wasn’t for lack of effort, but the kid is an ectomorph to the “T”.

My issue is with his decline (or lack of development) in the hands department. An experienced TE Coach would see the slide in confidence and performance and give the kid drills to do.

That didn’t happen.

This is why I’m not a fan of Woodiel. TE today is not what it was even 10yrs ago. It’s a position that requires a ton of development because you have to get WR and OL skill to be effective.

To be clear, I don’t think Skinner belonged on the field because of the lack of physicality. My concern is the rapid decline in his ability to even catch a ball. When he was in there, it looked like he was trying to slam his hands together like two skillets
I agree on all fronts including Woodiel. I'm not a fan of his and I personally think buddy should either be fired or demoted. Coach field we know what we get out of him and I may not be to the level of excellence, but it's atleast **** good. Or give it to Coley. I will say woodiel is highly thought of nationally. Not really sure why. But I've had coaches on numerous different schools and several nfl guys tell me about him. Every time I keep it to myself. But internally the second I hear that I just get lost. Maybe I'm just not understanding what I'm seeing. Even in practice I just don't see anything out of him. Maybe he's a film room guy. Cause that's the one thing I've never been around with him.

Advertisement
How many recruits did mustache land in his first cycle?

@JamesQuall

🤷🏻‍♂️

Cartoon Police GIF

Advertisement
To be honest

With the offensive line we have there's no doubt we should be bringing in some of the most elite running backs in the country and that needs to happen each cycle if we're taking a back. We need a coach that's gonna go after these recruits and brings an offensive element to the team

I mean, we've flipped Ohio St's RB commit each of the last two cycles. I'd consider that elite RB recruiting

Advertisement
I agree on all fronts including Woodiel. I'm not a fan of his and I personally think buddy should either be fired or demoted. Coach field we know what we get out of him and I may not be to the level of excellence, but it's atleast **** good. Or give it to Coley. I will say woodiel is highly thought of nationally. Not really sure why. But I've had coaches on numerous different schools and several nfl guys tell me about him. Every time I keep it to myself. But internally the second I hear that I just get lost. Maybe I'm just not understanding what I'm seeing. Even in practice I just don't see anything out of him. Maybe he's a film room guy. Cause that's the one thing I've never been around with him.

Not sure who it was who said it, maybe Flo, but supposedly he’s a beast on the trail

Not sure who it was who said it, maybe Flo, but supposedly he’s a beast on the trail
That's fine... personally I've said my thoughts on this for years when you prioritize nothing but recruiting for a position coach. I've been saying this on here since rumph. While everyone wants to nag about recruiting ,some coaches atleast develope the kids they have in their room. While people like Flo & plenty of others wanna speak so highly about woodiel I simply look at results. Arroyo has regressed under him, Riley was obviously a true freshman. But the things I saw him struggle horribly with last season including his motor and effort, were strengths of his in high school so I saw regression. McCormick, nothing to say cause I don't know his body of work previously but I wasn't impressed in the least with. So yeah, me I'm sick of hearing everyone talk about beasts on the trail meanwhile they're position group simply regresses. They are called position COACHES for a reason. If they can't coach their positions up then take them off the field and make them recruiters. Otherwise what good is it to stack chips while we waste the ones we have? In reality you have a window of time to show these optimal recruits that were putting a product on the field that can win on Saturdays and develop you for Sundays. We don't capitalize on that then it won't matter how good of a recruiter we have. Kids will simply look elsewhere.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back