New Offer: 3 star OT Jacob Hood, Nashville Tenn

Advertisement
I know it’s cliche to say you weren’t impressed after the recruit commits elsewhere. But I’m going to say it anyway. I was singularly unimpressed with his (admittedly very small) film sample. The guy is a Titan but he’s slow footed. A kid like Davis gives up 125-150 pounds to him yet will blow past him like a RB finds a hole.
Oh don’t start

Never felt like this kid was going to come to us over SEC offers. I like Flip but the heat is on Justice. Not sure we lead for any of his targets.

You keep saying that as if only the number of linebackers matter. None of them are proven, we need another backer and one with actual size.

You keep saying that none of them are proven but you literally havent even given a chance to four kids who will be LBs for the first time for us in Troutman, Johnson, Smith and now Medlock.

How many more precious schollies are we gonna waste for only two spots?? 8-10 LBs, of which 4 have yet to get a chance to show their stuff, isnt that enough for 2 spots? Maybe if the coaches started urging the unproven kids to enter the portal and free up schollies, then i can see the logic in adding more LBs to the mix.

Advertisement
Agbo is a big deal right now. If he jumps in, the OL class concern is largely mitigated. Maybe add 1 more later. Without Agbo, not sure where they go.

agree. Anyone who has been following OL recruiting knows this potentially could be a mediocre class. Richardson was never really coming, hood and were always going to be hard pulls, as is armella. The unfortunate part about OL recruiting is that there does not seem to be a lot of viable backup plans like we do at DL, DB, etc.

Never felt like this kid was going to come to us over SEC offers. I like Flip but the heat is on Justice. Not sure we lead for any of his targets.
DB recruiting is almost done so the Calvary’s coming…

Hood always was a longshot and UGA lean, so not worth a lot of tears.

And by definition, mopes have short memories. Remember the panic when we only had two commits? The staff now has GREAT recruiters and has a different strategy this year, and up to now, its working. For the star whores, we are top 10 in average commit grade.

Advertisement
You have to wonder with Hood reportedly being a UGA lean what is the holdup with his commitment to UGA. They just accepted the commitment of a 3* oline GaTech flip. I am thinking Hood is definitely being slow played by UGA as a plan B/C for UGA.

Go Canes

You have to wonder with Hood reportedly being a UGA lean what is the holdup with his commitment to UGA. They just accepted the commitment of a 3* oline GaTech flip. I am thinking Hood is definitely being slow played by UGA as a plan B/C for UGA.

Go Canes
Maybe that was fake news?

Advertisement
Yea, he’s absolutely a take for QGA. Their fans are upset because of stars but he’s definitely a take.

agree. Anyone who has been following OL recruiting knows this potentially could be a mediocre class. Richardson was never really coming, hood and were always going to be hard pulls, as is armella. The unfortunate part about OL recruiting is that there does not seem to be a lot of viable backup plans like we do at DL, DB, etc.

That you know of.

Go Canes

That's why I wondered if all the twitter Miami love was aimed at motivating UGA.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back