New Offer: 3 star OT Jacob Hood, Nashville Tenn

Advertisement
Willie was a great dude, tore his knee at FSU and lost his athleticism. What killed him though, is he was the prototypical free lancing stand up OLB/DE in Dade County. Was incredible, but got to college and even before the knee, didn't know how to play the game. Similar to Marcus Robinson, and Sam Brooks/Avery Huff now. Great athletes, but everyone can't just become a LB.

Willies brother kept the athleticism and has had a solid career as a LB.
https://www.nfl.com/players/christian-jones/

When i was in high school Willie Jones was like a legend in the area (Carol City/Miramar) just a sack monster.

Advertisement
Of those the only ones that may come calling is Clemson. OSU already has 2 of the top 5 LB’s committed and both are from Ohio. Bama is about to land Shawn Murphy today and will have 2 of the top 10 LB’s. Not to mention he’s not the ideal size either look for in their LB’s.
Yeah and we love midget linebackers so he's obviously a take here.

Advertisement
I completely agree. He literally has no reason to stretch this out, he's taken all of his visits except FSU's right?

To me, there are two likely reasons for him to hold out:

1. He is an FSU silent and will eventually commit to them. All that crap about him "leaving early" to rush to Miami after the upside down U debacle is irrelevant, maybe the FSU coaches even urged him to leave early to keep the facade up about his interest in the U.

2. He is waiting on other offers from schools he really wants to go to ($EC), primarily Bama.

I would be SHOCKED if he ended up here.

Good thing for us, he's not a position of need anymore with Medlock in. We're entering 2022 with 8-10 LBs for two spots.
You keep saying that as if only the number of linebackers matter. None of them are proven, we need another backer and one with actual size.

Kirby is going to try and lock down everyone he can this weekend.

funny- most of their 247 board doesn’t even want Hood. They think he is a “project” - uses his size to bully people now. They are unhappy with their OL coach’s recruiting
They’re spoiled after having Sam Pittman there. Let them spend a season with Butch Barry and they will really start to appreciate Matt Luke

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know it’s cliche to say you weren’t impressed after the recruit commits elsewhere. But I’m going to say it anyway. I was singularly unimpressed with his (admittedly very small) film sample. The guy is a Titan but he’s slow footed. A kid like Davis gives up 125-150 pounds to him yet will blow past him like a RB finds a hole.

Rough start to OL recruiting for us, I wonder what's going on? Justice is a pretty good recruiter? I wonder if it's due to how much depth we have?

Advertisement
Back