New Offer: 3 star OT Jacob Hood, Nashville Tenn

Him alone? No, but would have helped. Agree on the board take, its **** right now.

I'm in the minority but was never blown away by Hood. ... Do you like Agbo? He is just as much an unknown as Hood. I liked Agbo better because he has incredible arm strength. But not much else to see in his highlights.

Advertisement
I'm in the minority but was never blown away by Hood. ... Do you like Agbo? He is just as much an unknown as Hood.

“Like”? Yes. He is a elite size OL and an above average athlete IMO. You work with those, especially in our situation. I believe in throwing numbers at OL. I’m a betting man so if those numbers include guys that are 6’5 325 and 6’8 370, then I’ll take it. Justice needs depth and bigger bodies. 3 unknowns is better than 1 unknown (Carswell).

“Like”? Yes. He is a elite size OL and an above average athlete IMO. You work with those, especially in our situation. I believe in throwing numbers at OL. I’m a betting man so if those numbers include guys that are 6’5 325 and 6’8 370, then I’ll take it. Justice needs depth and bigger bodies. 3 unknowns is better than 1 unknown (Carswell).

Fair enough. I got more out of Carswell's film than the other two, and really liked him. Agbo showed no footwork, but didn't have to because he killed people, just stopped them cold. Hood had like one or two snaps in camp IIRC, and they didn't impress me, lol. A complete enigma.

bro, LIKENS?

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF
bro, LIKENS?

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF
I’m in wait and see mode with him. We got a bunch of talent in that room yet the WRs were trash last year outside of Harley, at times. 6 & 8 played way too much and none of the young guys got much of a chance.

Can we get off press coverage and stop dropping so many passes? Will the guys who don’t make plays get benched?

I expect better results from a coach whos got two 1st rounders on his belt and was an OC on a good team(asu). Maybe well see this unit reach it’s full potential this year. We’ll see.

I’m in wait and see mode with him. We got a bunch of talent in that room yet the WRs were trash last year outside of Harley, at times. 6 & 8 played way too much and none of the young guys got much of a chance.

Can we get off press coverage and stop dropping so many passes? Will the guys who don’t make plays get benched?

I expect better results from a coach whos got two 1st rounders on his belt and was an OC on a good team(asu). Maybe well see this unit reach it’s full potential this year. We’ll see.

You should have just stopped while you were behind dude.

Advertisement

It was his first year and he didnt recruit none of those guys nor did we get a transfer WR..it was also a covid year with no spring ball and the youngins missed time and obviously werent trusted and we will not see 6 & 8 as much this year

It was his first year and he didnt recruit none of those guys nor did we get a transfer WR..it was also a covid year with no spring ball and the youngins missed time and obviously werent trusted and we will not see 6 & 8 as much this year
Good points. I expect us to do a lot better I’m just a little skeptical that’s all.

Advertisement
Jacob “slooow feet” Hood just committed to Georgia.

I'm not saying he has "slooow feet", I'm just saying I didn't see any footwork on his extremely limited highlights. All our targets seem to be genetic freaks who haven't actually played meaningful reps in games. That seems a little risky, don't you think?

Anyway, Smart may be in a whole world of hurt at UGA by the end of the season if it doesn't go well. So keep recruiting Hood and see what happens.

Advertisement
Rather roll the dice on the unknown from the Muck, slow feet are not a hurdle I want to have to clear with OT's, don't care how big or what reach they have.

Advertisement

i ain't upset about this.
If he's a 6'8 OL and too slow to play OT, to kick him inside he better have superior knee bend, cause a DTs job is to get under the OL and he's got plenty to get under.
Knee bend is kind of a thing you're born with and have a heard time teaching it, yes there are outliers, but their aren't that many 6'8 OTs in the NFL for a reason.... if he was that flexible and that nimble on those feet he'd be getting look on the hardwood... I just see a big boy leaning on smaller guys in HS....

Advertisement
Back