2022 New Offer 2022 OT Matthew Mccoy; Picks Miami

Advertisement
This was written of Nelson: “From week seven to week 13 over the college football regular season, Nelson earned a pass blocking grade of 90.8 for his efforts, which was the best of any Power Five offensive tackle that played at least 400 snaps during that span”. He certainly needs to improve run blocking. However, he may have been a project year 1 but not since then.

Advertisement
Welp. I see this isn't going anywhere. You normally have solid posts.
I mean tell me uga starting an interior ol at Lt is better than Zion Nelson.

I mean OL play is my specialty and especially Lt position. So if you say he is a project and a bum I'll just go with that. He was on nfl boards because of CIS hype.

A "project" is a guy that needs time to grow. Zion Nelson was a project coming in...after that 1st year when he beat out players to start and took lumps..by his 2nd year the project tag was off.

This was written of Nelson: “From week seven to week 13 over the college football regular season, Nelson earned a pass blocking grade of 90.8 for his efforts, which was the best of any Power Five offensive tackle that played at least 400 snaps during that span”. He certainly needs to improve run blocking. However, he may have been a project year 1 but not since then.

Annnnddd this is what I was talking about.
Run blocking can definately improve and being able to pick up games in pass pro..but the simple fact of having 2 ol coaches that development wise are better than our last coach we may see some rapid improvement.

If this kid is having a Zion Nelson comp I'll take it all day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is McCoy an Al Golden special and we are just not calling it how we see it? Im really asking, are we being blinded by the honeymoon phase? Or is this kid legit?

Is McCoy an Al Golden special and we are just not calling it how we see it? Im really asking, are we being blinded by the honeymoon phase? Or is this kid legit?
No, he’s an LT all the way.

That’s a Lawrence Taylor.

Advertisement
I'll trust Mario and Mirabal on OL projects until proven otherwise.

Sagapolu
McCoy
Iuli

is not a bad haul for being here 2 months. Still in it with Conerly too. I'd like another transfer, preferably a day 1/veteran type to make sure we have 5 quality bodies to roll out game 1.

Annnnddd this is what I was talking about.
Run blocking can definately improve and being able to pick up games in pass pro..but the simple fact of having 2 ol coaches that development wise are better than our last coach we may see some rapid improvement.

If this kid is having a Zion Nelson comp I'll take it all day.
You know when he struggled his first game and the next few and everyone was rightfully talking badly about him, i kept thinking, man this kid has some balls. He comes here, gains like 50lbs, learns a new role, and beats out our other kids. He has to have something that will eventually come out, and to me it has. Again, he needs to improve run block but that is expected given he's barely played the position. His best football is ahead, hopefully this year and into a long long NFL career. Hopefully he has a Winston like career, since he changed from a TE also.

I'll trust Mario and Mirabal on OL projects until proven otherwise.

Sagapolu
McCoy
Iuli

is not a bad haul for being here 2 months. Still in it with Conerly too. I'd like another transfer, preferably a day 1/veteran type to make sure we have 5 quality bodies to roll out game 1.
We need 1 clear cut starter to come in, a clear cut alpha. Can't tell me we can't upgrade with all the talent that was/is in the portal.

We need 1 clear cut starter to come in, a clear cut alpha. Can't tell me we can't upgrade with all the talent that was/is in the portal.
Sagpolu could be starter but the statement we need a starter isn’t 100% true . We have Zion,river,Clarke,Campbell,scaife all coming back with snaps under there belt

Advertisement
Back