NEW OC Dan Enos

They know their qb play will take a hit so we should all be happy straight up even though we can be nervous about the playcalling but if he continues his qb coach success its a HR

Advertisement
Please list them. Because this is a JAG of a hire that isn’t gonna make Miami an attractive spot for players.

Diaz had an opportunity to flip the script big time here, and he decided not to.

It’s disapointing.

Maybe he couldn’t land any of the guys he truly wanted. You ever think about that?

Applewhite, Fedora, Harrell, and Scott were all better options.
Manny NEVER promised a spread offense. he promised an aggressive, modern offense.

who cares what he runs. did you see what Bama ran this year. Everything from option football to the spread. from uptempo to control the ball. that is what we want. disregard the title, focus on efficiency and scoring, regardless of the formation.
THIS. An offense that was adaptable. They run what they need to run to move the ball. Imagine that and not the four plays we've seen the last few years. Are they really upset?

Scoop wanted a spread guy.. but I think Enos is a big hire for this program. Diaz is not stupid.. he talked to this guy and probably saw the offense he wanted to run here and even if he runs a pro style offense it would be like Georgia runs it with a bunch of motion / spread concepts and bunch formations...

Love the hire..#WelcometotheU #BeatUF

Advertisement
Ugh. So not only do we not get an uptempo offense but we'll waste a year on Hurts if we get him, who for the 50th time, can't throw a football.

Also enough this this "The SEC wanted him so he must be good."

The last time we took someone Bama dropped it was Dean.

I'm friends with some Bama fans, and they are ****ed about losing this one. They rate him very highly as a QB coach at least. Apparently he's been able to develop Hurts a lot more into a passer, as when he first started he couldn't pass and was mainly just a game manager and running QB.

If he brings Hurts, that's a QB he has already developed and has chemistry with. Won't need a year of growing pains with Perry and co. We have the players on offense to score points. Just need to get the ball in their hands and not be predictive. I like the hire. Lets roll.

Advertisement
Enos past coaching history:

Mark D'Antonio-ground & pound
Brett Bielema-ground & pound
Saban-ground & pound roots; spread concepts for like two years now

He was also courted by Jim Harbaugh and Kirby Smart. Two more coaches with ground & pound, pro-style roots.

What in Enos' history points to him being some innovated, uptempo spread guy that we've been clamoring for?

Look I get it. But he chose us over them, maybe he personally has something else in mind that he wants to run and clearly wouldn't have been afforded the opportunity to with those other coaches. Just sayin

Lol. Smh.

You all do realize that Bama was # 6 on offense this year, 2nd in yards/play, 2nd in 1st down offense, 5th in completion %, 6th in passing AND 42nd IN RUSHING!

This wasn’t the classic Bama offense. They went for big plays often. Truth be told, they probably didn’t win the National Championship b/c they were toting the rock so much, and by the time they got in the red zone, they couldn’t run it like years past.

So before chitting on the hire, peep what Bama did offensively and don’t assume it was the whole 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. Bama was very anti-Miami this yr.

Plus, Bama fans are not happy w this. We just crippled the competition and now have a guy who can go in to a kids house and say, “Yeah, Tua, I coached him to the best season a Bama QB has ever had.”

Look, I’m one of the main ones that’s critical w Miami’s decision, this ain’t one of those times. Pair him w Cooper, Seider, and Martin w Bama’s OL coach and we may just lock down the whole U.S, no bull chit.

that was locksley calling plays though. however, hurts has clearly improved as a passer and that was enos' doing. we'll see how it shakes out.

Advertisement
His QB coaching credentials are as strong as his play calling is weak. Let's see what he does.

Look I get it. But he chose us over them, maybe he personally has something else in mind that he wants to run and clearly wouldn't have been afforded the opportunity to with those other coaches. Just sayin
Or maybe he's gonna run what he knows and what he's run his entire career.

People don't change, especially stubborn football coaches who know one style, and one style only.

Advertisement
I love it as long as he maintains what he did at Arkansas. I really enjoyed watching those teams under Bielema and Enos. Power based sets but never predictable with last second shifting in and out of the I formation. Spread concepts blended with single back and I formation. Lots of use of the tight end. Also a fullback but a mobile fullback.

Brandon Allen immediately jumped from a guy who couldn't manage 7 YPA to above 9 YPA in the Enos offense. I have to say I was fooled briefly because I started thinking of Allen as a pro prospect when actually he had simply benefitted from a tremendous improvement in the offensive scheme. Allen was phenomenal that season.

By the time I saw it in person at South Carolina in 2017 the program was on the downturn. Arkansas got routed that day, mostly via defensive touchdowns. But you could see all the potential of that offense if skilled people were running it.

Basically this is exactly the type of offense I wanted, instead of a cupcake pure spread offense. It is very similar to Wisconsin other than this version is more varied instead of defaulting to the I formation. If you want unpredictability, this is it. I never knew if Arkansas would like up in pure I formation or empty set with 4 wide.

However it was not as physical as Wisconsin. I would say the current Badger offense under Joe Rudolph has improved on this Enos style in some respects. Frankly I always thought the Arkansas version was a bit cute for the SEC and not quite physical enough. I think that's why it fell apart. They didn't have great talent at quarterback or skill positions to bail out an offensive line that was not pushing anyone around.

Arkansas under Enos was not fast paced. I would caution about that. They spent quite a bit of time looking at the sideline and figuring out what the next play and formation would be. Then I remember the receivers sometimes being confused where to line up and where to shift. I always thought that was residue of such a vast departure from what they had been doing on previous plays.

Obviously the Tua offense this year was a considerable departure from what Alabama had done. Hard to say how much of that Enos will retain once he is in charge, and how much of that he wants no part of.

Dan-Enos-Playbook.0.png
I LOVE THIS ****

Man I can’t really complain about it.
Don’t know enough about him.
So we shall see.
I think it’s stupid that people are saying Saban didn’t want him.
If Saban didn’t want him he would’ve fired him...instead Saban promoted him.
For all we know he just hates working for Saban.
But it’s ridiculous to say Saban let him go.

I like that he coached up Tua and Hurts and they were both great this season.

Other than that I’m skeptical. I don’t think he’s ever ran a spread.

Hoping Manny knows what the F he’s doing

Advertisement
Back