NEW OC Dan Enos

Think I’m go have to stop coming in here to read the forum after announcements cause everywhere is it’s positive about the hire and these forums mostly negative

Advertisement
You guys don’t think Manny told Enos that he’s looking for an aggressive modern offense?

And you don’t think that means spread concepts all throughout the playbook?

This is an awesome hire.

No one wanted Applewhite and UH was laughing at us. Multiple SEC schools wanted Enos and Bama fans aren’t happy w the loss...

And we’re the ones upset?

Fvck Applewhite - was never happy about him.

If he was good enough to be on the coaching staff to run QB's and input at OC on one of the greatest college teams in history plus under Saban one of the greatest toughest coaches ever.....then he';s good for a team that's in SHAMBLES

Advertisement
I hope you're right. But I'm not enamored with this, and I don't think kids will be excited to play in the offense.

And even if they were, why wouldn't they just go to Georgia or Bama to do so? The key about hiring someone with spread concepts is that it would allow us to sell something most SEC teams (who are the schools stealing the South Florida talent) aren't equipped to sell. Instead, we get Georgia- or Bama-lite. It's just frustrating.

Everybody crapped on Tee Martin's resume can we put Tee's OC rankings vs Dan's OC rankings so that doesnt include Alabama. I would be interested in seeing them.

Or maybe he's gonna run what he knows and what he's run his entire career.

People don't change, especially stubborn football coaches who know one style, and one style only.

How is he a ground and pound coach. Hes had multiple qbs throw for over 3000 yards in a season.

Advertisement
Lol. Smh.

You all do realize that Bama was # 6 on offense this year, 2nd in yards/play, 2nd in 1st down offense, 5th in completion %, 6th in passing AND 42nd IN RUSHING!

This wasn’t the classic Bama offense. They went for big plays often. Truth be told, they probably didn’t win the National Championship b/c they were toting the rock so much, and by the time they got in the red zone, they couldn’t run it like years past.

So before chitting on the hire, peep what Bama did offensively and don’t assume it was the whole 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. Bama was very anti-Miami this yr.

Plus, Bama fans are not happy w this. We just crippled the competition and now have a guy who can go in to a kid’s house and say, “Yeah, Tua, I coached him to the best season a Bama QB has ever had.”

Look, I’m one of the main ones that’s critical w Miami’s decision, this ain’t one of those times. Pair him w Cooper, Seider, and Martin w Bama’s OL coach and we may just lock down the whole U.S, no bull chit.

Well said, PIMP, well said!!

I'm RIDING!!

i'm definitely not crossing over to the other side for this.All this waiting for 3 yds in a cloud of dust....

Do you realize that Bama abandoned the 3-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust offense at least 2-3 years ago? Their offense has been far more wide open in recent years.

Advertisement
This guy has literally no ties to programs that have ever run the spread.

He was a coordinator under Dantonio at Cincinnatti with Dantonio and then followed him to Michigan State. Ground and pound.

Then he went to Arkansas under Bielema. Ground and pound.

Then he went to Bama under Saban. While they had some RPO concepts this year, they were still a ground and pound team.

Horrible.
He developed the Allen Bros at Arkansas and they were they both passed for 3,000+ each year. He coached hunter henry who was the sole reason Clive Waldorf wasn’t the best TE in the draft the year he left.

Agreed. There's nothing exciting about this hire other than the possibility of landing Hurts.

No, you didn’t know his name until today so you’re not excited. It’s an awesome hire and “people in the know” agree. He’s a great hire but I’m sure in two years you’ll be back claiming you were all for this hire

True; but Locksley was there in 2017 as Co-OC and WR coach. So what made Locksley so confident to slang that rock? Dan came on board w Bama this yr. Clearly Hurts was much better this year and Tua soared to a new level.

I’m fine w this hire, very much so. Don’t think we’ll be looking at pound, pound, pass type of offense at all.

hurts' performance in the sec championship is what gives me hope about the hire. with our *** scheme on offense, good qb play would've given us at least 10 wins. enos is definitely good at coaching up qbs. i'm just reserved about his play-calling without the kind of o-line talent he had at arkansas when he last did it.

Advertisement
So much negativity.

All I know is we are linked with an offensive coach who just coached in a National Championship.
A man who coached a QB who has played in the Championship game for three straight seasons.
A guy who is rumored to have some pull in landing that QB transfer to Miami.

I am not going to complain. Especially after what we saw this season.

I honestly think you guys are stupid. You guys are telling me that you would rather have 2 fired head coaches and coordinators for low tier power 5 schools hired over Alabama's qb coach who they tried to promote to OC and who UGA tried to hire? UNBELIEVABLE

People gonna ***** no matter what.

Advertisement
Back