NEW OC Dan Enos

Advertisement
This is a **** good hire.....IMO

Bama's Offense starts with Tua and Jalen... The Fact that he kept that Qb Room civil should be another reason why he's a great hire with our QB room issues...

This season was the most wide open offense I've seen Bama in a long time... I would to think the QB coach he had alot of input.

JC

I better be included. I don’t spend all that time on this site to be excluded from the i-told-you-so’s and other silliness!!

Whats silly is u saying it's a bad hire before ever even seeing him coach a down at Miami. Good OCs adapt to the talent they have. If he doesn't know much about the spread I guarantee he consults with coaches that do in the following months. Like I said, don't be a fan later bc I am going to call u out.

Advertisement
Bama forums are ****ed about losing him and calling diaz a genius for this hire.

But our fanbase knows better....
Nobody actually knows at this point what we have. You can look at Enos past gigs as OC and it's a mixed bag. We are not sure what system he will run since his last OC gig at Arkansas is more focused on a balanced, power run game with elements of spread.

Smh does that really matter as long as we put up points and win?

Exactly. People act as if "the spread" is the only "exciting" offense. Effectiveness is what makes an offense exciting. There are other options between Richt's 4-play playbook and "the spread", yet people act like it's either or.

Advertisement
That makes sense. There was definitely a decline in the physicality of the offensive line and it impacted everything they were doing. Everything was functioning well in 2015 when they were big and strong up front and averaging over 5 yards per carry with Alex Collins back there.

And this is the problem. The rest of college football is spreading you out and using a lot of motion and misdirection to freeze the defense and create spacing. This helps the OL.

Meanwhile we just hired an OC that is going to require out OL to lineup and dominate the man in front of you. It doesn't work. It's why the Arkansas offense went to ****. You can maybe hit with a single OL class. But you aren't going to bring those type of OL studs in year after year unless you're Bama or UGA or Ohio State.
And when their OL talent regressed to the rest of college football, they had no scheme to fall back on to make up for it. So the offense sucked.

Or maybe he's gonna run what he knows and what he's run his entire career.

People don't change, especially stubborn football coaches who know one style, and one style only.

His offense at Arkansas seemed quite different than of late.

He also wasn't OC at BAMA so I don't see how what they ran matters so much. It's about what he is going to here. Lets see.

People are going to complain about anything. I expected someone 10000% worse. I don't think it is a home run obviously but this is FAR from a bad hire.

Advertisement
At least Enos worked with the #1 dual threat in Tuaand will now work with thir #4 dual threat according to 247, #1 **** threat in our hearts in N'kosi.

Advertisement
Nobody actually knows at this point what we have. You can look at Enos past gigs as OC and it's a mixed bag. We are not sure what system he will run since his last OC gig at Arkansas is more focused on a balanced, power run game with elements of spread.
All valid points but like you said we dont know what we have.

Dumb to say its a terrible hire or a great hire at this point. One thing i do know is that manny has said multiple times he wants a modern offense so i cant see him being cool with anything other than that.

Advertisement
Back