NEW OC Dan Enos

Advertisement
And this is the problem. The rest of college football is spreading you out and using a lot of motion and misdirection to freeze the defense and create spacing. This helps the OL.

Meanwhile we just hired an OC that is going to require out OL to lineup and dominate the man in front of you. It doesn't work. It's why the Arkansas offense went to ****. You can maybe hit with a single OL class. But you aren't going to bring those type of OL studs in year after year unless you're Bama or UGA or Ohio State.
And when their OL talent regressed to the rest of college football, they had no scheme to fall back on to make up for it. So the offense sucked.
nice but don't you think manny and enos have discussed this and will develop our offense accordingly?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have no idea about the guy or what kind of offense he will run here.....gotta reserve judgement. If I claimed to have an opinion either way on this I'd be talking out of my a$$.

Advertisement
Not sure how I feel but I am sure this guy will be better at calling plays and developing an offensive philosophy than Mark Richt and he will be a **** of a lot better at coaching QB’s than Jon Richt!

nice but don't you think manny and enos have discussed this and will develop our offense accordingly?

So Diaz just hired a 50 year old OC that will be doing his best impression of the young offensive gurus and what they are running? At that point, just hire the young gurus.

Advertisement
Lol. Smh.

You all do realize that Bama was # 6 on offense this year, 2nd in yards/play, 2nd in 1st down offense, 5th in completion %, 6th in passing AND 42nd IN RUSHING!

This wasn’t the classic Bama offense. They went for big plays often. Truth be told, they probably didn’t win the National Championship b/c they were toting the rock so much, and by the time they got in the red zone, they couldn’t run it like years past.

So before chitting on the hire, peep what Bama did offensively and don’t assume it was the whole 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. Bama was very anti-Miami this yr.

Plus, Bama fans are not happy w this. We just crippled the competition and now have a guy who can go in to a kid’s house and say, “Yeah, Tua, I coached him to the best season a Bama QB has ever had.”

Look, I’m one of the main ones that’s critical w Miami’s decision, this ain’t one of those times. Pair him w Cooper, Seider, and Martin w Bama’s OL coach and we may just lock down the whole U.S, no bull chit.
This.

I remember I told an FSU fan last month about the Kendall Briles hire and he was like "that guy sucks", because they had just gotten blown out in their game at Houston.

Facts seem to allude people.

Lol. Smh.

You all do realize that Bama was # 6 on offense this year, 2nd in yards/play, 2nd in 1st down offense, 5th in completion %, 6th in passing AND 42nd IN RUSHING!

This wasn’t the classic Bama offense. They went for big plays often. Truth be told, they probably didn’t win the National Championship b/c they were toting the rock so much, and by the time they got in the red zone, they couldn’t run it like years past.

So before chitting on the hire, peep what Bama did offensively and don’t assume it was the whole 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. Bama was very anti-Miami this yr.

Plus, Bama fans are not happy w this. We just crippled the competition and now have a guy who can go in to a kid’s house and say, “Yeah, Tua, I coached him to the best season a Bama QB has ever had.”

Look, I’m one of the main ones that’s critical w Miami’s decision, this ain’t one of those times. Pair him w Cooper, Seider, and Martin w Bama’s OL coach and we may just lock down the whole U.S, no bull chit.
And we all know that Sabag dictates what he wants to see on both sides of the ball. He admitted having to change his offensive philosophy due to the way the game has changed on that side of the ball. No reason to believe that Enos can't/won't do the same with our offense.

Or maybe he's gonna run what he knows and what he's run his entire career.

People don't change, especially stubborn football coaches who know one style, and one style only.

He's OC, not head coach. Manny specifically said he wants an exciting, confusing, explosive offensive style, so I'm sure he didn't hire Enos and tell him that he can put in a "ground and pound" offense.

Advertisement
Back