NEW OC Dan Enos

Advertisement
I may be wrong about my feelings on Enos as I was horribly wrong about Golden, but right now, I'm all

This rivals the Nix hire...

giphy-7.gif

Question is if there are any OLs that will follow Enid from Alabama to help improve our line play assuming that we do not rely on the spread. I think that there was at least one Alabama OL that was a graduate transfer. I think that we will need him as much as we need Jalen.

Advertisement
Tim Reynolds was on 560 just now and said he believes Enos was Mannys #1 or 1a choice. He said he does believe Applewhite was even a serious consideration

His CMU team also beat a willie taggart coached WKU team in a bowl game (although willie did not coach the actual game, as he had left to coach USF).

I don't know much about the guy, but I do know how everyone around here is constantly talking about what a genius Saban is, and how Bama has the best of everything, and we just grabbed a guy that both Alabama and UGA offered their OC position to and we're all acting like we hired some high school coach. Bama's offense had 4854 passing yards with 52 TDs and 8 INTs. Pretty good. So what am I missing? Maybe he passed on Bama and UGA because he wants to be even more aggressive? Idk.

I have a feeling, though, if Bama wins the NC game, we're all running in the streets screaming "we back!" over this hire.

Advertisement
Why? Maybe he's transferring because he hates his qb coach?
Everyone acting like he must be dying to play for Enos because he was his coach. Maybe he hates the guys guts and doesn't want to be coached by him. Why we got to speculate they are best buddies?

Advertisement
Did you guys see Alabama's offense last year? Looked pretty cutting edge to me i.e. beating the **** out of everyone. Saban wanted this guy to be his O.C. We hired him. You guys would have been happier with Major Applewhite? LMFAO.

With the talent Alabama had, what scheme do you think they could have run and not have scored a ton of points? They could have run the TO and still scored a ton.

All valid points but like you said we dont know what we have.

Dumb to say its a terrible hire or a great hire at this point. One thing i do know is that manny has said multiple times he wants a modern offense so i cant see him being cool with anything other than that.
I'm with you, could actually be a good hire, but we won't know until that first game against the Gaytes what we have

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back