NEW OC Dan Enos

I'm in, let's do it. Alabama's offense this season would've worked well with our playmakers. We just didn't have a QB or OLine to make it happen.Let's see what he does.

Advertisement
I will say this though Nick Saban doesn't let anyone leave he doesn't want to leave he's doing an offensive purge for a reason

Well, it takes a specific personnel grouping to run a run pro-style offense and be successful. Dominant OL play, a big QB who can stand in the pocket and read a defense, WRs who run an entire route tree. That style of offense is not what our recruiting base has a lot of in spades.

**** near every high school in Florida runs the spread. Why not run a offense that our recruiting base is familiar with?

But BAMA does run the spread. Just devil's advocate. I'm not sure what to think right now. I want to hear what is being run here.

Omg
Some of you ***** about EVERY g dam thing. You don’t know **** about the guy but he is going to be terrible??? I dont know if he is better than scott Harrell Applewhite t Martin or worse
But one thing I can guarantee....is that if ANY of those other names were hired you ***ing girls would be crying just the same!

Stfu and get on board with Manny and give him and the staff he assembles some rope!

I’m happy we gotta bama dude now let’s get some other quality coaches, some cash
And some of those extra assistants that Saban has set up and build the **** program!!!!

Go Canes

Advertisement
miss swing.gif

Dude is one **** of a QB coach.

Since he isn't James Coley or Tee Martin, I'm gonna give Manny the benefit of the doubt here and hope for the best.

Advertisement
My two cents, if he likes to run a slow O and take time off the clock wouldn't that help with our D? If our O stays on the field and controls the clock or we go out and throw it 100 times and win the game I'm good with it.

Advertisement
1. He was co-OC and didn't call plays for Bama, Gattis did.

2. It's easy to look good when you've finished with the #1 class overall 4 out of the last 5 years.

Listen, time will tell if it was the right hire or not. However, he certainly has the pedigree and has demonstrated success with coaching QBs. Bama did run a pretty aggressive downfield offense this year with a lot of explosive plays. This was not the Bama of year's past with a power run game and that was it. That probably hurt them in the title game, when they should have been continuing to run it at 6-7 yards a clip.

Some close friends very much dialed into Bama's program were ****ed he left and signing his praises. I will take their opinion of the guy for the time being. They have watched much more of his product and spoken with him/those around him quite a bit.

Advertisement
It's not a horrible hire, Saban has a machine at Bama, they turn over coaches all the time. If Saban was going to promote him to OC and Georgia had interest in him as OC and we got him instead, it's a big get. Anybody is better than what we had, hopefully Hurts or Martell hop on board.

But BAMA does run the spread. Just devil's advocate. I'm not sure what to think right now. I want to hear what is being run here.
Enos past coaching history:

Mark D'Antonio-ground & pound
Brett Bielema-ground & pound
Saban-ground & pound roots; spread concepts for like two years now

He was also courted by Jim Harbaugh and Kirby Smart. Two more coaches with ground & pound, pro-style roots.

What in Enos' history points to him being some innovated, uptempo spread guy that we've been clamoring for?

Lol. Smh.

You all do realize that Bama was # 6 on offense this year, 2nd in yards/play, 2nd in 1st down offense, 5th in completion %, 6th in passing AND 42nd IN RUSHING!

This wasn’t the classic Bama offense. They went for big plays often. Truth be told, they probably didn’t win the National Championship b/c they were toting the rock so much, and by the time they got in the red zone, they couldn’t run it like years past.

So before chitting on the hire, peep what Bama did offensively and don’t assume it was the whole 3 yrds and a cloud of dust. Bama was very anti-Miami this yr.

Plus, Bama fans are not happy w this. We just crippled the competition and now have a guy who can go in to a kid’s house and say, “Yeah, Tua, I coached him to the best season a Bama QB has ever had.”

Look, I’m one of the main ones that’s critical w Miami’s decision, this ain’t one of those times. Pair him w Cooper, Seider, and Martin w Bama’s OL coach and we may just lock down the whole U.S, no bull chit.

Advertisement
Back