NEW OC Dan Enos

For the last few years i have heard this guys name on this board as the guy we should have designing our offense. Now that we have him he sucks? What am i missing here?

Advertisement
Y’all putting too much stock into wether we running pro style or spread. All that should matter is if we putting up points on offense and winning
Well, it takes a specific personnel grouping to run a run pro-style offense and be successful. Dominant OL play, a big QB who can stand in the pocket and read a defense, WRs who run an entire route tree. That style of offense is not what our recruiting base has a lot of in spades.

**** near every high school in Florida runs the spread. Why not run a offense that our recruiting base is familiar with?

Well, Manny promised a cutting edge, spread offense. UGA and Bama are two of like the last five programs in the country that still have "pro-style" roots. I don't want to go after the same OCs that they want.

We're gonna get the same ground & pound bull**** that'll yield mediocre results. UGA's lame offense is the reason Haselwood de-committed from them.

Manny NEVER promised a spread offense. he promised an aggressive, modern offense.

who cares what he runs. did you see what Bama ran this year. Everything from option football to the spread. from uptempo to control the ball. that is what we want. disregard the title, focus on efficiency and scoring, regardless of the formation.

He can adapt his Offense to fit what Diaz wants. This guy is going to do wonders with our QBs

He has ZEROOOOOO experience running spread concepts. None. He's never worked for a staff that does.

He's not going to suddenly reinvent what he's known his entire coaching career, and if he did, it would be disastrous.

Advertisement
With any of our QB's it would have to be a spread. Bet Manny made that a requirement. Sick of this under center crap.
Im fine with under center but without a great oline and with our atheltes the spread works best. I will say this though he will get a stud oc since he gets Sabans approval

I'm in.... Let's see what he can do! Let's get these guys ready to throttle the gaytors!!! Coach Enos, all eyes are on YOU NOW!

I wanted a more flashy offense, I won't lie... so I'm not that hyped. But also what do I know.
I'm sure he can change his ways in regards to the offense he runs and Manny wanted cutting edge.. I don't see it, BUT I also don't know anything.

and if bama and Georgia wanted him as an OC... I mean he was a hot commodity and we "won" out...

I'll ride with him for now! Let's get some great recruiters on the offense side now

Same here. Just going to have to wait and see how this pans out.

Advertisement
I think this could/should really help us in QB recruiting for 2020/2021. Enos is seen as a great qb developer and got national attention for his work with Tua and Hurts' improvement.

You arent 'most of the fanbase' though. 'Most of the fanbase' were crying out for an offense that scored points.

And prior to being the QB coach of one of the greatest dynasties of all time, this guy oversaw offenses that routinely finished outside the Top 50 in total offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back