New Head of Nutrition

Advertisement
Met her back in 2018 doing a week long clinic/observation at Clemson in the early summer. She was a volunteer for the Clemson football nutrition staff back then and was part of a clinic where they walked us through some stuff they do.. then we finished up the first night and went to the Clemson conference center restaurant/bar and she bartended there at night. Told us she was pulling 18-20 hours a day between the two jobs.

She’s definitely been through a grind trying to make it. Good for her.

Between the Clemson nutrition program and the Georgia program she’s had good influence.

Meaghan has a pretty solid education and background in Nutrition Science:

-2014 - 2018. Attended Clemson, major in Food Science ... Nutrition (BS Degree). Volunteered for 3 years with the athletic
department ... distributing NCAA approved foods and supplements to athletes at practice and in weight rooms.

-2018 - 2019 - University of Georgia, obtained her MS degree in Sports Nutrition.

-1-2020 - 7-2020 .. U of Houston Dietetic Intern Program.

-Sept 2020 - Feb 2022. University of Georgia, Sports Nutrition Department.

So she has been personally involved in providing supplements and approved diet foods to athletes since 2016 and is now getting a
promotion into a directors role. Congratulations.

Meaghan has a pretty solid education and background in Nutrition Science:

-2014 - 2018. Attended Clemson, major in Food Science ... Nutrition (BS Degree). Volunteered for 3 years with the athletic
department ... distributing NCAA approved foods and supplements to athletes at practice and in weight rooms.

-2018 - 2019 - University of Georgia, obtained her MS degree in Sports Nutrition.

-1-2020 - 7-2020 .. U of Houston Dietetic Intern Program.

-Sept 2020 - Feb 2022. University of Georgia, Sports Nutrition Department.

So she has been personally involved in providing supplements and approved diet foods to athletes since 2016 and is now getting a
promotion into a directors role. Congratulations.
She is at the director’s table fairly early so I am hoping she realizes she can make her name in the industry especially at a place like Miami. I think we will be fine.

Advertisement
So I was under the impression we hired Collier Madaleno. She has a masters in dietetics. She is very adept in the field of study, since her hire by Kirby in 2019 she has worked with Scott Sinclair in scheduling players workouts before their “anabolic window” for maximum growth of lean muscle tissue. She also advocated for more “rest” days in between strength and plyometrics training. This was considered somewhat unorthodox at the time because her propose weekly plan would look like 2 on 1 off 1 on 2 off template. All based around total body recovery. Her meals were lean protein and high carbohydrate centric with a LOT of greenery for cellular rejuvenation. Her pre workout meals and through the day “snacks” are all carefully calculated for maximum optimal performance from players. She even has many specialize meal plans based off blood type of the athlete again all to ensure that athlete is performing to the apex of their athletic abilities. When you have someone with this type of expertise and attention to detail working with a S&C coach who knows how to whip up an “anabolic ****tail” and a department that utilizes Cryotherapy you get the cyborgs we saw in this years national championship game. I am hoping that our new hire (Meaghan Turcotte) has learned a thing or two under Collier.
The “anabolic window” concept gets trashed quite a bit (in some cases for good reason)

But it’s because people are using it in the context of weekend warriors or gym goers getting in their 5x per week sessions

When you’re a young athlete the peri-workout window is incredibly important

Painting broad strokes here but it gets confusing when you read a lot of health based info online because the context is constantly changing

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure we're going to have to fight.
Ok.

We still brothers after the fight tho, right?

Favorite cereal list in no order

Lucky Charms
Fruity Pebbles
Trux
Honey Bunches of Hoes (or Oats...)
The OG cereal Frosted Flakes
Golden Grahams
Raisin Bran Crunch

And Reeses cereal. Jeez, that **** is so **** good....

Captain Crunch is nasty and puts that flim in your bowl
And I ain't ******* with rice Krispies unless it's cocoa Krispies or rice Krispies treats.

Underrated cereal: LIFE

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok.

We still brothers after the fight tho, right?

Favorite cereal list in no order

Lucky Charms
Fruity Pebbles
Trux
Honey Bunches of Hoes (or Oats...)
The OG cereal Frosted Flakes
Golden Grahams
Raisin Bran Crunch

And Reeses cereal. Jeez, that **** is so **** good....

Captain Crunch is nasty and puts that flim in your bowl
And I ain't ******* with rice Kristin's unless it's cocoa Kristin's or rice Kristin's treats.

Underrated cereal: LIFE
Of course. But let's find common ground.

Captain Crunch chews up the roof of your mouth too. Peanut butter Captain Crunch was **** good before Reese's came out.

Cinnamon Oat Crunch Cheerios is where I'm at in life now. That's my treat should I decide on carbs for breakfast.

*Nene's Kitchen on Marco Island had a Cap'n Crunch french toast that was fantastic. I'm pretty sure if I cleaned my plate, I'd have gotten diabetes.

Advertisement
Met her back in 2018 doing a week long clinic/observation at Clemson in the early summer. She was a volunteer for the Clemson football nutrition staff back then and was part of a clinic where they walked us through some stuff they do.. then we finished up the first night and went to the Clemson conference center restaurant/bar and she bartended there at night. Told us she was pulling 18-20 hours a day between the two jobs.

She’s definitely been through a grind trying to make it. Good for her.

Between the Clemson nutrition program and the Georgia program she’s had good influence.
So...didja smash??

Y’all are crazy. Although I don’t eat cereals very often at all.

Also, there’s this thing called brushing and flossing.

Of course. But let's find common ground.

Captain Crunch chews up the roof of your mouth too. Peanut butter Captain Crunch was **** good before Reese's came out.

Cinnamon Oat Crunch Cheerios is where I'm at in life now. That's my treat should I decide on carbs for breakfast.

*Nene's Kitchen on Marco Island had a Cap'n Crunch french toast that was fantastic. I'm pretty sure if I cleaned my plate, I'd have gotten diabetes.
Cap'n Crunch French toast?

I'll risk diabetes. I'm hyper glycemic

Advertisement
Back