New Head coach

Advertisement
Miami native. Cuban family, Cuban wife who is also a Miami native, brother is a Miami cop.

Columbus grad, two-time champ at UM—coaching at Miami and getting back to the hometown has to be ideal for both of them.

Lots of people leave "better" jobs for gigs that have personal meaning or desirable proximity.

Mario wouldn't make Oregon money at Miami—but he'd still earn millions of dollars a year to be back at his alma mater and in his hometown.

People are crazy if they don't think UM is his dream job and he doesn't want the challenge of bringing the Canes back.

Doesn't mean the timing will work, or that UM will get a deal done—but there's no way the desire isn't there for Mario and his family.

was also rejected 3 times for the job, took a job at UM only to leave 1 month in.

HE HAD A COACHING JOB AT A SCHOOL THAT REJECTED HIM 3 PREVIOUS TIMES AND HE LEFT IT..........

yeah if UM is his dream job, why did he leave....................

was also rejected 3 times for the job, took a job at UM only to leave 1 month in.

HE HAD A COACHING JOB AT A SCHOOL THAT REJECTED HIM 3 PREVIOUS TIMES AND HE LEFT IT..........

Because he’s smart?

Working as an offensive line coach for Nick Saban vs the soon to be fired Al Golden… not a hard career decision.

You know who else was rejected multiple times...Dan Mullen, now look at us LOL.

UM doesn't know what a good HC is no more.

Advertisement
love the optimism but its not as easy as moving home at this point. Oregon is a much better job. sad to say.

But if the wife really wants it you never know.
How do we know the wife wants to come back to Miami? Has she publicly said it? And you’re right. Oregon is a team that might not have the past Miami does but there’s less competition for players (much less) and they actually are willing to spend money on athletics. He would be a fool to leave

Joe Brady is the next Lincoln Riley in my opinion. He's turning Sam Darnolds career around and turned Joe Burrow into the #1 overall pick. LSU went downhill after he left.

Lots of people say very good things about Eric B and he's been learning under Andy Reid for around 5 years or so now.
Joe Brady hated recruiting, he always wanted to be an NFL coach and I think he will be an HC in the pros sooner rather than later.

He took the LSU job as a springboard to return to the NFL with a better pedigree. I don’t see him returning to coach in college.

I don't see any reason why Lane would want the job and we also couldn't afford his buyout. The only way I see Mario Taking the job is because he's an alum. ..

1st Bill O Brien
2nd Hugh Freeze
3rd Joe Brady
4th Anthony Lynn
5th Eric Beinimy
Bill O'Brien? Wtf

Well there’s two different lists. It’s kind of a long answer. There’s the list of people who I would be interested in if Blake James were retained and then the list of people I would look into if he were not. If he were still here I’m afraid this job is already pretty unattractive he’s doesn’t make it prettier. But if he’s not we have a nice list we could get into
:2h3mpi1:

Advertisement
Mario at Oregon is under a Time Clock.

Once USC (W) gets its act together and THEIR Board of Trustees, some of the most powerful men and women in California, decide to un**** themselves and pony up the money for Urban Meyer and his staff, then Cristobal's salad days at Eugene will be over. At best he will get USC's Second Raters and Three Star leftovers that Meyer doesn't want.

Mario Cristobal will never make the playoffs at Oregon as long as Urban Meyer is at USC. Period. He has to come home to Miami where he can recruit and build his own team, especially now that Clemson is on the downswing. Now is the perfect time for him.
Wow .. talk about a reach in speculating. Urban at USC? Good luck. Mario has the Ducks at #3 and has a great class signed. No reason for him to leave Oregon .. and from what I understand his wife actually really likes Oregon. Going to be an interesting couple of months.

Nike hasn’t done a thing to keep any of Oregon’s last few coaches. Why would they start now?
Kelly went to the NFL and they probably did try to keep him. They fired Helfrich and they probably didn't think Taggart was all that after working with him for a year.

Really don't believe Blake James is going to have much to say about the next UM football coach hire. Pretty sure there will be a legit search committee and most likely SOME former player involvement .. at least to establish criteria (Alonzo would be perfect in that role). If UM is serious then Blake at the very least should be removed as AD from football .. keep him for what he does well .. ticket sales and donations .. or simply dismiss him due to poor performance.

I really like Joe Brady. I'm not sure he wants back in on college football...word from LSU is that he hated non-football related ****.

He is more likely to be a pro head coach...maybe Cincinnati...sooner rather than later.

Advertisement
BTW, I should remind everyone that Cribby himself told us to ignore all the coaching talk except that centered around Cristobal. And that the money was there for Buyout and Assistants.

The problem of course has always been Blake. Which I suspect will be tended to by the Board.
Whatever happened to Cribby btw? I can’t seem to find any of his posts

7432554A-A5EA-4E5B-830F-1A9F79D3E8B7.jpeg

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I don't see any reason why Lane would want the job and we also couldn't afford his buyout. The only way I see Mario Taking the job is because he's an alum. ..

1st Bill O Brien
2nd Hugh Freeze
3rd Joe Brady
4th Anthony Lynn
5th Eric Beinimy

What is LK’s buyout? Of course he would take this job. He’s going nowhere at ole miss.

Advertisement

1st Bill O Brien
2nd Hugh Freeze
3rd Joe Brady
4th Anthony Lynn
5th Eric Beinimy
I don’t see a valid reason why anyone would want Lane. Guy is a self promoting loser who doesn’t believe in Defense.

Advertisement
Back