New Head coach

Advertisement
lol here we go again. You sure Bill Belichick ain't coming? You sound so sure.. Why would Kiffin leave the SEC?

because he'll never perennially beat bama in the SEC, where he can come here be the king of the ACC and only have to play bama a few times, and you can get lucky and beat them that way.

he's a spotlight guy.

I don't see any reason why Lane would want the job and we also couldn't afford his buyout. The only way I see Mario Taking the job is because he's an alum. ..

1st Bill O Brien Lukewarm choice and inferior to Freeze
2nd Hugh Freeze Great choice
3rd Joe Brady No way
4th Anthony Lynn Good football man, but ZERO college coaching experience
5th Eric Beinimy No way

Advertisement
doesn't matter who the coach is if bj is still here.
Exactly. Neither guy would even be contacted by BJ.

He went with finding a coach "by committee" with the Richt hire. It was a consortium of former players and board members who made that hire. It was okay. Richt righted the ship for a couple of years, but he couldn't find a QB and it totally imploded in year 3 and Richt opted out. That was Blake's big opportunity and he totally blew it. He had a coaching search that lasted the blink of an eye and made the lazy decision of bringing Manny on as HC.

Blake is good at getting donations and improving facilities. The facilities are now at an acceptable level. Now is the time to bring in someone to bring in the right coach.

Joe Brady is the next Lincoln Riley in my opinion. He's turning Sam Darnolds career around and turned Joe Burrow into the #1 overall pick. LSU went downhill after he left.

Lots of people say very good things about Eric B and he's been learning under Andy Reid for around 5 years or so now.

Joe Brady is the next Lincoln Riley in my opinion. He's turning Sam Darnolds career around and turned Joe Burrow into the #1 overall pick. LSU went downhill after he left.

Lots of people say very good things about Eric B and he's been learning under Andy Reid for around 5 years or so now.
Both guys want NFL HC jobs. Why they **** would they take this job?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Well there’s two different lists. It’s kind of a long answer. There’s the list of people who I would be interested in if Blake James were retained and then the list of people I would look into if he were not. If he were still here I’m afraid this job is already pretty unattractive he’s doesn’t make it prettier. But if he’s not we have a nice list we could get into
Keep Talking Idris Elba GIF

OMFG. Gruden 2 UM.

This school is not stealing a Power 5 coach. Has not this century.

Advertisement
If we’re gonna play fantasy coaching hire I’m hoping JJ decides to come off his boat and out of the Fox studio to save the program….I know it’s not happening but after seeing some of the wish list in this thread he’s as likely as about 99% of the names listed…

love the optimism but its not as easy as moving home at this point. Oregon is a much better job. sad to say.

But if the wife really wants it you never know.

Miami native. Cuban family, Cuban wife who is also a Miami native, brother is a Miami cop.

Columbus grad, two-time champ at UM—coaching at Miami and getting back to the hometown has to be ideal for both of them.

Lots of people leave "better" jobs for gigs that have personal meaning or desirable proximity.

Mario wouldn't make Oregon money at Miami—but he'd still earn millions of dollars a year to be back at his alma mater and in his hometown.

People are crazy if they don't think UM is his dream job and he doesn't want the challenge of bringing the Canes back.

Doesn't mean the timing will work, or that UM will get a deal done—but there's no way the desire isn't there for Mario and his family.

Last edited:
Wake me up when there is a vacancy (HC or AD and preferably both). Until then, I will suffer in silence and refrain from debating wish lists for a role(s) that does not exist.

Carry on….but burn it down!

Advertisement
Back