New "football agent" policy

‘Covered individual’ includes anyone who is a ‘financial planner,’ who works in ‘sports public relations’ or is a ‘brand manager.’

So helping your parents plan their retirement is a violation because you talk to a financial planner? What if you have a child and want advice on saving for college tuition?

Talking to anyone who works at any PR firm is a violation if the firm does any sports related work?

Any brand manager or an employee thereof? So anyone who works for any company with a brand is off limits?

Advertisement
We keep pointing out the sht that goes down here from peewee gambling, and paying kids, to grade changing and test taking.
We also need to take into account the punishment discrepancy between everyone else and us as well as the fact that we sit in a areas where we can dominate if the kids stay.
If you guys don’t think that the ncaa is just waiting and snooping around and praying that we commit any little resemblance and f a violation then idk what to tell you. The fact that we had agents and and wanna be agents outside the parking lot of UM like a bunch of ambulance chasers during pro day scares the sht out of me.
Mfers in here forget that we had a 3 year investigation where the ncaa was so hard up on finding sht that they resorted to paying questionable individuals for evidence and had to stop the investigation cause they got caught doing so cause you know THAT SHT IS ILLEGAL!!!! And those mfers still cut scholarships despite having Miss state and ole miss get caught paying dudes and they struck other schools named out of the transcript that were also paying dudes. The fact that we sht the bet and landed a top 15 class and are still getting quality portal dudes has to have the ncaa and the sec all shook.
What do I call a bunch of agents and runners trying to steal and influence an underclassman? I call them a potential ncaa violation.
So while penny and even Kawa might not be doing it, what’s to stop an overly aggressive dude form another agency doing that?
what’s to say we already got a tip that the sec snitches are out in force trying to dig dirt up on us?
Maybe sht was already going on and Manny cut that sht out right quick.

We keep pointing out the sht that goes down here from peewee gambling, and paying kids, to grade changing and test taking.
We also need to take into account the punishment discrepancy between everyone else and us as well as the fact that we sit in a areas where we can dominate if the kids stay.
If you guys don’t think that the ncaa is just waiting and snooping around and praying that we commit any little resemblance and f a violation then idk what to tell you. The fact that we had agents and and wanna be agents outside the parking lot of UM like a bunch of ambulance chasers during pro day scares the sht out of me.
Mfers in here forget that we had a 3 year investigation where the ncaa was so hard up on finding sht that they resorted to paying questionable individuals for evidence and had to stop the investigation cause they got caught doing so cause you know THAT SHT IS ILLEGAL!!!! And those mfers still cut scholarships despite having Miss state and ole miss get caught paying dudes and they struck other schools named out of the transcript that were also paying dudes. The fact that we sht the bet and landed a top 15 class and are still getting quality portal dudes has to have the ncaa and the sec all shook.
What do I call a bunch of agents and runners trying to steal and influence an underclassman? I call them a potential ncaa violation.
So while penny and even Kawa might not be doing it, what’s to stop an overly aggressive dude form another agency doing that?
what’s to say we already got a tip that the sec snitches are out in force trying to dig dirt up on us?
Maybe sht was already going on and Manny cut that sht out right quick.
The NCAA got all there agents sitting outside stadiums in Miami and So Cal. They don't want them programs back.

Advertisement
The NCAA got all there agents sitting outside stadiums in Miami and So Cal. They don't want them programs back.
Facts. Does anyone know how that sht with aqm got out? Wasn’t it some female or some sht like that?

The problem is in my eyes most of them arent dealing with mehlki ONCE THEY ARE READY TO LEAVE. Its mehlki comes in once these kids start showing potential. He comes in early and stays in the picture throughout(use ur imagination if ud like)then manipulates them out the door.

Essentially yes. But theres three of them that I know of. Honestly football isnt even mehlki thing. Fighting & soccer is. Dont think he even has much of a presence at all in any other sport or school for that matter.

You can almost see it happen before your eyes. Kids here have flashed early and sputtered out like clockwork at Miami. Garvin didn't magically start to suck with more experience.

Advertisement
Next up: have a rule banning kids going out to clubs or restaurants because they could meet someone who the AD would rather thry not meet.

I'm not understanding how agencies benefit from lying to kids. I thought when u sign with an agency u get something like an advance that is recouped when you're drafted. If you're lying to this kid and give him a loan the he goes undrafted, how do u benefit

Last edited:
whoever wins this job is going to have the time of his life doing nothing. since all our kids go to the draft before eligibility runs out.

Y'all act like staying 4 yrs under Manny is gonna improve their draft status lol Shaq and Pickney stayed for 4 yrs and may go undrafted
It may or may not. But it definitely hurts the team. How would our defense look last year we if Shaq and pink left?
First rounders are staying at other places and we can’t even keep dudes that might not even make a team. Depth is a problem we’ve been dealing with for too long and it’s hurt is just as much as not getting top talent. It hurts us when we have good but young players and the basketball schools we complain about have full 85 rosters of 4th and 5th year 3 stars and our 4 stars are sophomores playing 90 percent of the snaps.

Advertisement
@apfenny3 is Craig Anderson still the top dog in compliance? Seems he goes out of his way to make any little thing a big deal. Like he things he is really important.

I’m still sour how our compliance handled the Grace and AQM fiasco with rentals.
Yes he is, I get that UM is a tough place to run compliance at based on our history but there’s certainly things I’d change that I won’t get into

I'm not understanding how agencies benefit from lying to kids. I thought when u sign with an agency u get something like an advance that is recouped when you're drafted. If you're lying to this kid and give him a loan the he goes undrafted, how do u benefit
By making interest on the loan when they pay you back over the course of a few years with their 9-5.

Advertisement

Thats probably just entirely on the situation. I doubt anyone is giving an undraftable player large amounts of cash. Joe burrow probably has a million in the bank though. Channing crowder said he bought an expensive car with his agents money, then he slipped to the third round and sold it or something. It was funny listening to him sell the story.

Makes sense, hopefully in the future they can figure out something to better benefit the kids while still maintaining control and a watchful eye
Not to come off as an *** but what do y’all do besides give yalls opinions on draft grades?

do these kids not get an official draft grade from the NFL which culminates various scouts,GMs etc and their thinking of where they will go?

Other than Bandy needing money to help his family.... how is this a smart move for him coming off a disappointing year?

Garvin? Kid got outshined by a under class men and was at best most weeks the 3rd best pass rusher on the team.

Garvin is the typical Miami kid who gets sold a crock of bull from agents who tell him he’s gonna “kill those interviews/combine” and get drafted in a spot that no one thinks he’ll go.

Man, at some point, you have to be aware enough to get the right people around you and at least ask more questions. I can understand HS kids being totally lost in the recruiting process. I can understand some of these college kids being torn between what FRM (or any agent) tells them and what the staff tells them. So, as a 20-23 year old, even though you're not completely experienced and have polished decision-making, you have to be minimally self-aware enough to know an agent has his own hustle to gas you up.

Plus, let's not forget they have yearly examples of friends and peers who've left and been burned. So, while I'm in no way here to support or defend Pete or FRM folks (I have no relationship with them or even know any of them personally), the kids have to own some of the accountability, too. It comes down to their inaccurate self-perception and egos combined with - and this isn't for all of them - a weak support system. The Bandy case is brutal because I think everyone agrees with your draft projection. Hope he gets lucky and works himself into a franchise somehow.
It’s all on them. They are adults. Three years prior you trusted the coaching staff would take care of you and look out for your best interests so you sign and commit to the program.

Now that same coaching staff specifically your position coach that you have the closest relationship with is telling you you are not ready. You see former players and what happened to them when they left early.

But you decide to listen to some clown who tells you you are the next greatest NFL player and you bolt? That all he cares about is making a quick buck off you? That you just met months prior?

At some point these young adults have to accept the consequences. You can make all the rules you want but idiots are going to be idiots.

I think some people really try to simplify this far too much. Maybe both sides have a point. As stated obviously this has been an issue far before mandy. However as pointed out by the other who say these kids are running from bad coaching, bad coaching & poor leadership more importantly, has been the problem here since the larry coker regime when this problem became so prevalent. In my eyes kids are running from bad coaching. But the bigger issue is lack of parenting and proper guidance. @apfenny3 honestly brother this is where I'm really hoping to see you carve out your nitche. I've heard you are one of the few with morals in this process. If you stick to that path and simply show these kids what's real it will go along way. Too many people blow smoke up these kids and they families asses. Make it all about signing bonuses,cars and jewelry. Not enough about a kids reality. His results on the field & his measurables.
I appreciate the kind words man. Its not the easiest business to succeed in ethically, but I think most people who cut corners end up having it catch up to them. I've had a few agencies try to bring me on this winter but I'd rather keep doing my own thing even if it takes longer so I can ensure things are done the right way

Advertisement
Back