New "football agent" policy

Advertisement
But why do they believe it? Doesn't Miami have legitimate NFL people give them realistic evaluations before they decide?
Same reason people get hoodwinked and swindled every **** day. Same reason so many people wind up with crappy timeshares they can’t afford and don’t even want.

Agents, at their worst, are greedy filth who will tell poor kids and their families anything to get the signature. These kids are hungry for money to the point of letting their own greed get in the way. The bad guys prey on that.

Advertisement
Well, it seems Blake James is doing an excellent job and has everything perfectly under control, as usual.

Live look in at UM AD Policy Meeting:
MeekGroundedBlobfish-size_restricted.gif

Well Peter, it looks like manny has finally figured out just what a poison mehlki had become to the program. For any that arent aware when yall constantly get heated at kids for leaving early knowing they got no business doing so & is detrimental to their future, its Pete's boss mehlki convincing them hes getting them in early rounds when he knows hes not. Aka trajan bandy & co. Here told trajan **** be no worse than early 3rd. At absolute best trajan is a 5th rounder & that's not likely either
Something tells me he lied to Pete. Wonder how many times Pete goes to sleep thinking about being the plug....
😆

Advertisement
Man, at some point, you have to be aware enough to get the right people around you and at least ask more questions. I can understand HS kids being totally lost in the recruiting process. I can understand some of these college kids being torn between what FRM (or any agent) tells them and what the staff tells them. So, as a 20-23 year old, even though you're not completely experienced and have polished decision-making, you have to be minimally self-aware enough to know an agent has his own hustle to gas you up.

Plus, let's not forget they have yearly examples of friends and peers who've left and been burned. So, while I'm in no way here to support or defend Pete or FRM folks (I have no relationship with them or even know any of them personally), the kids have to own some of the accountability, too. It comes down to their inaccurate self-perception and egos combined with - and this isn't for all of them - a weak support system. The Bandy case is brutal because I think everyone agrees with your draft projection. Hope he gets lucky and works himself into a franchise somehow.
The problem is in my eyes most of them arent dealing with mehlki ONCE THEY ARE READY TO LEAVE. Its mehlki comes in once these kids start showing potential. He comes in early and stays in the picture throughout(use ur imagination if ud like)then manipulates them out the door.
yeah, but isn't Pete mehlki’s message and errand boy for UM?
Essentially yes. But theres three of them that I know of. Honestly football isnt even mehlki thing. Fighting & soccer is. Dont think he even has much of a presence at all in any other sport or school for that matter.

The hatred for manny really clouds these porsters’ judgement man it’s sad lol
I think some people really try to simplify this far too much. Maybe both sides have a point. As stated obviously this has been an issue far before mandy. However as pointed out by the other who say these kids are running from bad coaching, bad coaching & poor leadership more importantly, has been the problem here since the larry coker regime when this problem became so prevalent. In my eyes kids are running from bad coaching. But the bigger issue is lack of parenting and proper guidance. @apfenny3 honestly brother this is where I'm really hoping to see you carve out your nitche. I've heard you are one of the few with morals in this process. If you stick to that path and simply show these kids what's real it will go along way. Too many people blow smoke up these kids and they families asses. Make it all about signing bonuses,cars and jewelry. Not enough about a kids reality. His results on the field & his measurables.

That's a term loosely taken from health care law and applied broadly to university policy. Would be curious to see if they actually thought through exceptions and applicability or just tossed this out as an attempt to show proactivity in future investigation and enforcement scenarios. Not sure how they'd even enforce this well, so I'm inclined to go with the latter ("for show").
This has all the hallmarks of typical leftist legislation. Find something you don’t like. Ignore the underlying root issues/causes. Purport to ban it.

This would make most kids at UM rule breakers at some point, many without even knowing it. It doesn’t just say don’t meet with an agent. It says you can’t even talk to anyone who works for an agency. Not even the hot chick receptionist you grew up with? Not even your best friend who got an internship there?

UM has a CULTURE problem and once again, they’re blaming the kids. They’re making potential rule breakers out of everyone, clearly won’t enforce this equally, and kids can’t even know whether they’re really complying.

Sad. No doubt this came from Blake and his comrade chica.

Last edited:
Yes & no. Only reason hes trying to do that is to scare kids away from mehlki. For the most part hes the only issue that this policy addresses. Everyone else keeps at a decent distance. Mehlki is aggressive with these kids.
Agreed, except basic communication would help rather than trying to make rule breakers of everyone. Kids are going to hear things and want to understand their interests and options. UM AD behaves like the CCCP. Deny and spin and imagine nothing will go wrong.

Advertisement
Makes sense, hopefully in the future they can figure out something to better benefit the kids while still maintaining control and a watchful eye
It would be easy to have a rule that said you cannot intentionally talk to an agent or an agent’s representative without advance prior communication with AD, and define rep narrowly to pick up Pete types but not anyone and everyone, and provide a cure option to clear the airif it happens. But nope, they fancy they can ban all communication, North Korea style. Might as well insist that kids call James ‘Dear Glorious Leader.’

Advertisement
@apfenny3 is Craig Anderson still the top dog in compliance? Seems he goes out of his way to make any little thing a big deal. Like he things he is really important.

I’m still sour how our compliance handled the Grace and AQM fiasco with rentals.

That's a term loosely taken from health care law and applied broadly to university policy. Would be curious to see if they actually thought through exceptions and applicability or just tossed this out as an attempt to show proactivity in future investigation and enforcement scenarios. Not sure how they'd even enforce this well, so I'm inclined to go with the latter ("for show").
That speaks volumes.

Advertisement
Back