New excuse: cliques killed the team

well atleast the players weren't beating up on each other like some GT players were (see wshh for details)

anyways, the mark of true head coach is not losing his team. golden has lost the team on the field and he's lost them off of it. duke johnson's mom took a swipe at golden this year. chick took a swipe at golden this year (which apparently he had no idea of). duke and dorsett took a swipe at golden last year when we lost 4 of 5 to end the season via twitter. th3 took a swipe at golden last year and this year on the sideline, lending him to al's dog house. the writing is on the wall.

you had a whole bunch of gullible freshman who were green to al's bull vs. guys who's been in the same bull system for 3-4 yrs w/ no results. of course there was a house divided. these guys didn't come to UM to salt away their careers...they came to UM to put on for their city, b/c some were legacies, and more importantly, b/c they were familiar w/ our tradition, a tradition they were trying to restore and golden and his minions have time and time again thwarted our progress and growth by not stepping up to the plate.

there's a reason y UF, Bama, Auburn, UT, UL, and FSU fans r praying the new prez come in and keep everything status quo...they are in love w/ golden being here. that's the real problem. chop up the "clique" as excuse number 11.

Advertisement
Good teams with cliques are usually policed by the leaders on the team in-house. When the leaders on the team have lost faith in the leadership it will normally implode and I feel this is what happened to 2014 Canes.

Golden is fed up he's had if he walked in the locker room today and broke down crying and saying
image.jpg

It was only Gorlden's first year. Of course there are going to be some problems in the locker room as he gets rid of the kids he didn't recruit.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article10558406.html

“Coach tells me this all the time: ‘You have to win the locker room first if you want to accomplish anything.’’’

Isn't it the coaches job to make sure there isn't a revolt, not a freshman QB? :roll-canes3:

Golden won't acknowledge that these were all his recruits now though smh

Guess someone doesnt know how to add. How can they be his kids if this is his 1st year?

Advertisement
Every team has cliques but they usually all get along on the field. The difference is that the cliques had different motives and it seems that the majority were baby's and didn't care. I personally think Duke and Walford were the two leaders of the negative crowd. I'm not sure I've ever seen Duke pep up anyone or show any emotion other then some pouting on 3 and outs the off the the sideline by himself. Great player but quit on the team IMO. Walfords body language was dog **** at the beginning of the season but once he figured out this Kaaya kid is pretty good and was getting fed he turned it up a notch.

I'm not saying it's a good excuse but i think its definetly true. At the end of the day it falls on Al. Just happy we have Kaaya bc he's going to be special whether under Golden or not.

Thumbsdown would up vote a post that blames the players but negates to place any responsibility on the coaches. Get that UM AD stooge out of here.

Seriously! Who are they? They never post, and ever since the sign stuff happened they dislike all my posts. W/e I don't live my life for thumbs up/down but who is that clown. They down vote anything against Golden.

There's 2 or 3 ****faces on this site that have created about 45 different screen names between them and just go around "thumbs downing" anything against Golden and or the admin's and "thumbs upping" anything that Don Bailey Jr would normally say.

So to sum up...there's a couple of lower level admins from the university which have been tasked to patrol this site attempting to drum up some artificial support for Golden.

paranoid-conspiracy-theorist-meme-generator-they-won-t-get-to-me-i-m-safe-in-here-a6fb9b.jpg

I'd like to add to the excuse list that Al has "blessed" us with:

1. playing too many freshmen
2. too much freelancing
3. Randy left the cupboard bare
4. Al is rebuilding the fences that were destroyed by the previous regime.

Golden can't win the locker room, so he sends in Kaaya to try and do his bidding. How often does that work? People will end up resenting the kid and make it even harder for the next coach to untangle everything.

There should be a sign in the locker room that reads "bad coaching kills."

Golden can choke on a bag of cliques.

Ah! I see what you did there! Bravo! Well played sir.

Advertisement
So some of you are surprised by this & blaming it all on the coaches? You could see the difference after the FSU game & the attitude swing. Would it would have been different if Dobard hadn't dropped the pass & we had won the FSU game? If this is true where were Duke Johnson, Dorsett, Denzel, etc. and all those now gone for the NFL?? Did they expect Kaaya to dispel locker room issues by himself as an incoming freshman? The very best of coaches have locker room issues even when winning big; they're just magnified when things go south. BS thread; haters gonna hate.

Good coaches control their locker rooms by being great leaders and demanding respect.

Blaming one loss for a season collapse would only reinforce the notion that Folden is a terrible leader incapable of motivating his team or keeping them focused.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The only cliques are the players that realize Golden can't coach vs. the guys that are too young and naive to realize it.

Either way a house divided shall fall

U know what. That is very true a house divided will fall. I think Golden telling Kaya that, was actually a good coaching move. It is very true, and it goes the same for the defense. United even Donofrio's defense was able to stifle Cutcliffe and other good offensive teams. I think there were a lot of attitudes that hurt this team. I think that was one the most glaring weaknesses of the team. A lot of great athletes that could perform, but players disappearing after the FSU loss (mental), getting pushed around like little soft rag dolls in VA, and Pitt, were not a result of scheme it was mentality. When Herb got hurt the tears showed brotherhood, but the reaction, and not rising to the occasion even more was mentality. So that horrible end to the season, should not be exempt from seeing players get pushed around and miss tackles. Not because they are not good enough, but because mentally they were not Utough in some situations. This is not a blame the player post, but it is true. Need leaders who will not except division based on their feelings, but come and handle business every down. Compete every down, and have each others back. Kaya did not have that locker room last year at all or support. Duke the true leader when asked about Kaya's leadership made a very sideways comment to the media. He basically told them that he has none but he is doing a good job relaying what the coaches want in the huddle. (Paraphrased)

It was awkward to watch. It would of taken the older leaders to say we support the QB decision he is our leader now. We are totally behind him wholeheartedly but it didn't happen. I think he takes the reighns now and it was important for him to hear that from Golden. He lead workouts in January. He and Chad stepped up because there was nobody else to do it, while remaining focused through our negativity. I like the direction in that case. Two unwavering guys on both sides of the ball.

Golden started throwing players under the bus his second year after the KSU slaughter to defend Mark. He continued to do that to defend HIS Temple clique. He even threw Duke under the bus the first time the kid fumbled as a Cane. Team culture is all on the HC after a couple years. Whatever the problem is on caused by the HC. Golden has shown no resistance to getting rid of players so any problem children could have been gone. His attrition rate has been horrific -- the real sign of his lack of ability. His failures is multiple areas has built up and even lifelong fans like Duke have lost faith. Things have ended up the same after Coker, Randy and Al because all three were horrible HCs -- period. JJ had huge problems his first year. He was forced to keep Howard's staff, who rebelled. He had a team that wanted someone else as head coach and after the Alburn and UF game also kind of quit on him -- maybe even Bernie somewhat. He took actions and fixed the problems. Al made excuses. JJ - HOF coach / Al total loser.

I started as an Al defender. He even use to reply to my emails. After four years of him, I have ceased all support of the university I love. He is Donna's death blow to the football program. He is indefensible. That he is still here is a crime against all who have come before. His only moments worth note were with Lewis on the field and "are you kidding me". That is it. A photo op and a one liner. His continued employment condemns Blake, Donna, and the BOT as enemies of THE U. To hoist any blame on players is sinful and should be punished by God. It is like blaming onlookers at a fire for the destruction.

Advertisement
I would think that all the upper classmen felt they could win last yr but not with fr qb. I would not blame them for being ****ed and it did appear to me that the coaches threw the season.

So some of you are surprised by this & blaming it all on the coaches? You could see the difference after the FSU game & the attitude swing. Would it would have been different if Dobard hadn't dropped the pass & we had won the FSU game? If this is true where were Duke Johnson, Dorsett, Denzel, etc. and all those now gone for the NFL?? Did they expect Kaaya to dispel locker room issues by himself as an incoming freshman? The very best of coaches have locker room issues even when winning big; they're just magnified when things go south. BS thread; haters gonna hate.

You're dead on. **** was cool and groovy even when they lost to Louisville, NU, and GT.

Don't worry fellas, #SWAG16 kids will totally buy in!!! #renewedagainin2018

I would think that all the upper classmen felt they could win last yr but not with fr qb. I would not blame them for being ****ed and it did appear to me that the coaches threw the season.

If true, when your true freshman QB walks in on Monday night national away game against team take embarrassed the crap out of your the year before and walks down the field to the opening score, you take notice. Maybe you have the real deal. I seriously doubt that players had problems with Kaaya. Their problem was losing game and all faith in Al.

There were a lot of players that didn't want Kaaya to start, and there was division. What was Golden to do, start Heaps just because he was older? I can see Williams getting some playing time when he was healthy, but by then Kaaya was playing good football, and was the obvious future QB. Why bench him at that point?

There's not a lot Golden has done right, but I don't fault him for starting Kaaya, and keeping him there. There are a million other reasons to hate on Golden that I can get behind, but playing Kaaya isn't one of them.

Advertisement
Back