New excuse: cliques killed the team

Locker rooms always fall apart and cliques always develop when your HC is a loser. The top guys don't have these problems.
Even if there are cliques under an alpha dog HC, those factions all agree on one thing: that HC is the unquestioned leader and we all get on the same page when he says so.

Advertisement
If the head corch is always coming up with excuses for the team's nonperformance, how long before the players start doing the same thing?

Look at what a coach that will not make or allow excuses can accomplish with a third string quarterback AND sanctions.
Nope. It's all the fault of the departing players. I'm sure guys like Tracy Howard, Stacy Coley, Herb Waters and Rashawn Scott will all in with Folden this year so the locker room will be in total harmony.

Locker rooms always fall apart and cliques always develop when your HC is a loser. The top guys don't have these problems.
Even if there are cliques under an alpha dog HC, those factions all agree on one thing: that HC is the unquestioned leader and we all get on the same page when he says so.
Cliques didn't hurt this team. A lack of belief in the HC did. You'll see the same thing this year because there are still smart upperclassmen on this team.

The same guys the stooges are blaming for destroying the locker room in 2014 are the same guys they were hyping a few years ago to fix the culture that guys like Jacory Harris and Olivier Vernon and Brandon Washington supposedly wrecked.

If the head corch is always coming up with excuses for the team's nonperformance, how long before the players start doing the same thing?

Look at what a coach that will not make or allow excuses can accomplish with a third string quarterback AND sanctions.

Excuse making breeds more excuse making, and Grolden is a finely tuned excuse machine.

It's only natural with such a toxic coaching situation.

Older guys are cynical and probably a bit angry/jaded about how irrelevent their careers were/are at Miami. With All their hopes and expectations for their time at the U destroyed, they are naturally only thinking about their NFL futures at this point.

Its Like having terminal cancer and having some young guy like Kayaa telling you, "it's okay buddy you just need to try harder, if you cared more, the cancer would cure itself..."

Advertisement
Dudes actually on here considering and trying to analyze these old smokescreen tactics. U can see from these comments that Golden the narc still has secret pawns/accomplices pulling for him on a personal level and not the team. He has a losing records as a HC, he loses the team every season, he has blamed the fans for it, and now dropping hints that blame the players for it. Amazing that he is still catching fish with the same old rusted hook.

There were cliques, but I'm not going to make excuses.

There were too many night games, but I'm not going to make excuses.

There was too much negativity in the media, but I'm not going to make excuses.

In the end it all ends with me, I'm not here to make excuses, but do you realize how long a walk it is to the field when we play at Duke.

Al Golden

Advertisement
I'm sure it was the cliques on the team that came up with the defensive alignments against Nebraska and GT.

Every team has cliques but they usually all get along on the field. The difference is that the cliques had different motives and it seems that the majority were baby's and didn't care. I personally think Duke and Walford were the two leaders of the negative crowd. I'm not sure I've ever seen Duke pep up anyone or show any emotion other then some pouting on 3 and outs the off the the sideline by himself. Great player but quit on the team IMO. Walfords body language was dog **** at the beginning of the season but once he figured out this Kaaya kid is pretty good and was getting fed he turned it up a notch.

I'm not saying it's a good excuse but i think its definetly true. At the end of the day it falls on Al. Just happy we have Kaaya bc he's going to be special whether under Golden or not.

LOL @ cliques destroyed the team. No-losing killed this team. At the beginning, everyone bought in...including the fan-base, but when you start struggling with mediocre teams and getting run outta da club against any team with a pulse, kids are going to tune you out. The younger kids that still buy into Al's boulschit are seen by the other players who don't as *** kissers. The younger kids see the older kids as "not buying in" or "selfish" (prompted, of course, by Al's messaging).

Golden's ineptitude fck'd this team chemistry up. Two kids may not like each other, but if they are winning, they can/will work together to continue winning. If they're getting embarrassed on national TV every other week, then yeah-you're going to have a divided locker room. It's simple. Get this fat, sweaty, nasty booty ***, pig faced, sloppy khaki, tight button-up, juicy ****ied, Wal-Mart, "New Balanced", jersey shore, bratwurst eatin', "B" team, dck sucker the fck outta Coral Gables!!!!!

It's unbelievable that we're hearing this "team separation" and "not on the same page" garbage again. We couldn't wait for Coker's players to get out of here, as they were the ones with the bad attitude...until Shannon's players developed a bad attitude, and we couldn't wait for those guys to get out of here. Golden was very vocal in his first couple years here about how some guys weren't buying in, so we were assured that the young guys, his guys, were going to change the culture. Now, since Golden is being given an additional year, for some unknown reason, it's all his guys, his upperclassmen, that aren't buying in.

So over the course of almost the last 15 years, we've apparently been really unlucky and had class after class of guys that have come in and not been willing to buy in...or maybe, we've just had 3 really bad coaches who can't put their players in a position to succeed, aren't good coaches or capable of leading a program like Miami. Maybe the upperclassmen under Golden aren't buying in because they've been around long enough to see through his BS, see through his mottos and pillars and promotional garbage, and see that his system isn't capable of producing at the highest level.

Maybe the defensive players are tired of playing in a system that doesn't allow them to do what most of them have done all of their lives and use their speed to attack. Maybe the offensive players are looking at each other, with all the talent they have, and aren't able to figure out why we play at such a slow pace, why we can't utilize our talent. Ultimately, I think these players are smart enough to see that Golden is once again throwing them under the bus, blaming them not following the system, not buying in, not being #united, instead of making changes to the actual systems, gameplans, etc that are holding the program back.

Advertisement
So before the season Golden was praising the Stacey Coley clique w/ Stan, Gus etc in multiple interviews. And after the season cliques are a problem. Interpret that how you want but before season cliques are good..after the season cliques are bad.

there is no reason berrios should have started over herb. if i was a player that sure would have p1ssed me off

Advertisement
Golden can't win the locker room, so he sends in Kaaya to try and do his bidding. How often does that work? People will end up resenting the kid and make it even harder for the next coach to untangle everything.

There should be a sign in the locker room that reads "bad coaching kills."

Golden can choke on a bag of cliques.

200.gif

The only cliques are the players that realize Golden can't coach vs. the guys that are too young and naive to realize it.

Either way a house divided shall fall

U know what. That is very true a house divided will fall. I think Golden telling Kaya that, was actually a good coaching move. It is very true, and it goes the same for the defense. United even Donofrio's defense was able to stifle Cutcliffe and other good offensive teams. I think there were a lot of attitudes that hurt this team. I think that was one the most glaring weaknesses of the team. A lot of great athletes that could perform, but players disappearing after the FSU loss (mental), getting pushed around like little soft rag dolls in VA, and Pitt, were not a result of scheme it was mentality. When Herb got hurt the tears showed brotherhood, but the reaction, and not rising to the occasion even more was mentality. So that horrible end to the season, should not be exempt from seeing players get pushed around and miss tackles. Not because they are not good enough, but because mentally they were not Utough in some situations. This is not a blame the player post, but it is true. Need leaders who will not except division based on their feelings, but come and handle business every down. Compete every down, and have each others back. Kaya did not have that locker room last year at all or support. Duke the true leader when asked about Kaya's leadership made a very sideways comment to the media. He basically told them that he has none but he is doing a good job relaying what the coaches want in the huddle. (Paraphrased)

It was awkward to watch. It would of taken the older leaders to say we support the QB decision he is our leader now. We are totally behind him wholeheartedly but it didn't happen. I think he takes the reighns now and it was important for him to hear that from Golden. He lead workouts in January. He and Chad stepped up because there was nobody else to do it, while remaining focused through our negativity. I like the direction in that case. Two unwavering guys on both sides of the ball.

This was a very divided team from the onset last year. I had a conversation with a friend of mine close to the situation who told me many of the older players carried around a very negative attitude. Perhaps after skipping bowls games they developed a don't give a **** attitude.
There was a major difference between the freshman class last year and the upperclassmen.When freshman are your leaders are you know you are going to have a lot of pull back.

I still don't get the Williams deal. When he had opportunities he did not show anything. There we're other problems with some players which are reasons they did not play as much as some would like,but there is no point in calling them out by name on a fan board . I was not there and they
don't have the opportunity to defend themselves. I do know selfish individuals can kill any organization and make for a depressing environment.

You also need to take these matters into mind when recruiting players. Film does not tell what is in someone's head. This is where a coach needs to do his homework. Five star players with one star brains don't usually work out too well.

And if Golden is around past 2015 you will see the same thing happen with the 2014 class in terms of negativity and the don't give a fvck attitude.

Advertisement
Back