New excuse: cliques killed the team

Advertisement
Whats wrong with the coaches pushing Brad to become the leader of the team? Not all the players were happy with him being selected as the QB for the season. So, in order for him to excel and the team to thrive, it would be in the TEAM best interest if he's respected in the locker room. Just my opinion.

Fixing HC's problems is a heavy load for a 19 year old kid. This sort of stuff starts and the top. Al and his Temple boys are an insulated group-- it flows from there. Kids know that nobody on the staff is held to account so they lose respect for HC. Not to complicated.

This is actually true tho it was really noticeable there was certain cliques within the team but this happens in every team

Advertisement
This is a landmark day.

Wind
Tough schedule
Night games
Cliques
YouTube
Fans
Figs and Blue

Folden officially has more excuses than wins for the 2014 season. No easy accomplishment.

If you listen to past interviews with Clive and other players, this seems to be the issue that killed the season before it even started. A lot of the older guys wanted Ryan Williams to start over Kaaya (I think Ryan even said himself that he was healthy enough to go at the beginning of the season), some questioned whether Berrios should be starting over some of the older guys. There seemed to be a lot of fighting in-house.

Cliques will kill team chemistry.

Every attempt to make the team better is now an excuse.

The logic of some porsters is terrifyingly stupid. I hope they don't hold jobs with any kind of responsibility.

Advertisement
I've been hearing the " clique " excuse all the way back to the Shannon days. Maybe the players in the supposed clique knew the staff sucked and are clueless. Maybe?

The only cliques are the players that realize Golden can't coach vs. the guys that are too young and naive to realize it.

I hope they spend as much time and energy attacking the real problems as they spend trying to micro-control the message. It's a football team not an ad agency. smh

Advertisement
Got to love our fans. If you have followed the Canes for any time at all you would know that the best teams were like families. Go back to the most recent great teams we had, 2000-2002. Those players were known for how tight everyone was off the field. The offensive linemen did pretty much everything together.

he creates the cliques because he plays mind games and favorites with that old school stuck in his ways mentality

Golden can't win the locker room, so he sends in Kaaya to try and do his bidding. How often does that work? People will end up resenting the kid and make it even harder for the next coach to untangle everything.

There should be a sign in the locker room that reads "bad coaching kills."

Golden can choke on a bag of cliques.

Advertisement
Locker rooms always fall apart and cliques always develop when your HC is a loser. The top guys don't have these problems.

This was a very divided team from the onset last year. I had a conversation with a friend of mine close to the situation who told me many of the older players carried around a very negative attitude. Perhaps after skipping bowls games they developed a don't give a **** attitude.
There was a major difference between the freshman class last year and the upperclassmen.When freshman are your leaders are you know you are going to have a lot of pull back.

I still don't get the Williams deal. When he had opportunities he did not show anything. There we're other problems with some players which are reasons they did not play as much as some would like,but there is no point in calling them out by name on a fan board . I was not there and they
don't have the opportunity to defend themselves. I do know selfish individuals can kill any organization and make for a depressing environment.

You also need to take these matters into mind when recruiting players. Film does not tell what is in someone's head. This is where a coach needs to do his homework. Five star players with one star brains don't usually work out too well.

If the head corch is always coming up with excuses for the team's nonperformance, how long before the players start doing the same thing?

Look at what a coach that will not make or allow excuses can accomplish with a third string quarterback AND sanctions.

Dorsett said offensive coordinator James Coley “is changing a lot this year, and the guys are going to benefit from it. So, stay tuned.’’
#ListenToYour#DaleLlama???

Advertisement
Back