Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
Joe Rossi is the defensive coordinator / linebackers coach for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. This season, Minnesota has record two shutouts and held 7 of 10 opponents to 13 points or less, 8 of 10 opponents to 20 points or less and 9 of 10 opponents to 26 points or less. Minnesota has two shutouts on the season, a 38-0 win over New Mexico State and a 31-0 victory against Rutgers. Minnesota has recorded two shutouts in a season for the first time since 2006 and second since 1977. Georgia and Kansas State are the only other programs with two shutouts this season, but each had one against FCS foe, making Minnesota the only team to shutout two FBS teams this year. The shutout of Rutgers was the Gophers’ first Big Ten shutout victory since a 45-0 win versus Illinois on Oct. 23, 2004.

Jon Heacock is in his eighth season as defensive coordinator at Iowa State, establishing the Cyclones as one of the best defensive units nationally in his tenure in Ames.

Heacock has 38 years of coaching experience, serving as a head coach at Youngstown State (2001-09) and defensive coordinator stints at Youngstown State (1992-96, 2000), Indiana (1997-99), Kent State (2011-12) and Toledo (2014-15).

Heacock was named a finalist for the Broyles Award in 2017 and was again a nominee for the award in 2022.

Heacock’s imprint on the Cyclone defense has been evident, utilizing multiple schemes – 3-4 and 4-3 –to confound the high-powered Big 12 offenses.

Behind Heacock’s ability to limit opposing offenses efficiency, the Cyclones have thrived as a team, earning bowl berths in five of the last six seasons and making regular appearances in the national rankings.

Iowa State has ranked second (20.9- 2017), first (22.9- 2018), third (25.9- 2019), second (21.4- 2020), third (20.5, 2021) and first (20.2, 2022) in the Big 12 in scoring defense in each of the last six seasons, all totals among the top-50 nationally.
Rossi is statistically inferior and rows canoes. This is miami, we race cigarette boats. That and other than a short stint at maine he's only got 3 years of DC experience. His body of work is barely bigger than Deions infected pinky toe.

Heacock is from the sweater vest coaching tree and is 62 years old. At best he's the TJ Max version of Kevin Steele. AKA a XXL Burnt Orange Beverly Hills Polo shirt. (i will say he's pretty accomplished, but miami really shouldn't be a retirement job, we made that mistake already with Richt and Steel. )

I honestly think his is a schtick. He use to post regular. Maybe 45-3 broke something inside lol. Moping has its place but too much makes the board hard to read. We get it. Miami sucks. We are cursed. Blah blah.

You’re not wrong. I just think he needs to reel it back in a bit. Spending $$ was half the battle. Finally there. Mario needs to do his part now.
The opposite can also be true. Slurpers thinking every hire is a home run , every recruit is going to the Hall of Fame. You know how many 15-0 posts I had to read last summer. Even 10-2 posts. Optimism has it's place , but too much is nauseating.

**** when a few common sense fans predicted 8-4 they were shamed as mopes. Pragmatism has disappeared from out society. Every single thing is left or right, pick your side and die defending it.

Hmmmmmm.

We're told that Mario has this great desire to get Candle on staff as the OC.

Yet this new DC has "a past", as it were. Wouldn't surprise me if Frost showed up given his issues. Doesn't seem to matter to Mario as long as he can keep his nose clean in the Gables.
***** frost at this point . I want urban as the ahc/oc with his checked past

Advertisement
The opposite can also be true. Slurpers thinking every hire is a home run , every recruit is going to the Hall of Fame. You know how many 15-0 posts I had to read last summer. Even 10-2 posts. Optimism has it's place , but too much is nauseating.

**** when a few common sense fans predicted 8-4 they were shamed as mopes. Pragmatism has disappeared from out society. Every single thing is left or right, pick your side and die defending it.
You are a man of truth! Couldn’t agree more!

How has he done very well? Hes never moved up until now.

His year at Marshall was good. Where else?

Ive already said im giving him a chance. I just know this isnt the best we could do.
We don't know if he's the best choice yet.
Was Aranda Wisconsin's best choice when they pulled him from Utah State?

Turned out to be one of the best defensive coaches in college football.

dave chapelle chapelle's show GIF's show GIF

I hope he isnt driving...

just kidding...kind of

Not an intoxicant...

shopping

Advertisement
I watched every game Guidry was DC at Marshall and he's an excellent coach. Defense was great in year 1 and elite in year 2 with a decent amount of roster turnover between seasons. If the offense had been even average they could have went undefeated this season, the defense was that special. A capable, active recruiter as well. Fantastic hire.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok so being real here.

List his defensive rankings throughout his career vs the offenses he played against.

We are spending money like never before and you honestly think this is the best we could get? A guy with no track record of success. A guy that had been at multiple stops for only 1 season.

Maybe im wrong. If so then cool but if we are trying to get to bama, clemson, uga territory then this aint it.

"A guy with no track record of success."

Why are you saying this when it's not true?
You may not like the hire (you are obviously entitled to that) but that statement is simply statistically not true.

you weren't right about gattis and steele

you hate every hire and criticize everything, that doesn't mean you're right when it doesn't work out, it just means that you're weak minded and expect the program to fail at every turn because it makes you feel like you're wiser about college football.. It's even worse when you give ridiculously uninformed and unintelligent replacements in contrast to the hires.
89c0898f756e0e242db43278c400efd6.gif

Advertisement
"A guy with no track record of success."

Why are you saying this when it's not true?
You may not like the hire (you are obviously entitled to that) but that statement is simply statistically not true.
ive asked 10 times. Ill ask again.

Show me his defensive rankings vs offenses he played for his career.

its all available information.

We don't know if he's the best choice yet.
Was Aranda Wisconsin's best choice when they pulled him from Utah State?

Turned out to be one of the best defensive coaches in college football.
Correct and ive stated ill give him a chance and hope im absolutely wrong about him.

Im not saying you are but people keep missing the point. We are spending high end coordinator money. Go get the best if youre trying to compete with uga, bama, ohio state, clemson.

You are a coach. Is this guy the best we can get with the money we are spending? In your opinion.

Ole miss just took bamas DC. Miami went and got tulanes. I think we can do better but hes here now so only time will tell.

Advertisement
Back