Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
I was one of the guys that wanted Steele to stay and when he left wanted Strong to get the DC gig. I personally liked both of those guys, didn't blame them for the Manny wefense they inherited, and felt we needed more "gravitas", senior leadership and stability on the defense side while the offense was in such turmoil.

That said, I love the Guidry hire. Those stats don't lie, and his record is super impressive. He's aggressive but doesn't look gimmicky like Diaz was. I think guys like James Williams and Chase Smith have a clear role in his 4-2-5, so hopefully our personnel matches his scheme enough to make some noise in 2023 .

Kudos to Mario for bringing in a guy he'd clearly been monitoring well before the Steele announcement, and closing him in less than two days. Now let's get to work in the portal, because we still need multiple players ready to start (OLB, NG, 1-2 CBs) and a couple others in the two deep (S).
Imagine being Steele and Strong last year. Every week, you're facing a Gattis lead team with a backup QB, running an O that can't do much of anything. Then come Saturday you're facing REAL offences that actually attack a D. People have no clue how handicapped our D was in this regard. At least this year they will be facing an O all week long that makes them think.

Maybe it’s just me. But he gives me a vibe like he couldn’t wait to come here and get started. In other words he’s super geeked out to be a cane.
And that is something a little bit different imo and I love it.
Its just you breh, EVERY corch that has been hired here has been "super geeked".. Then the season starts.. Do you remember Golden "Are you kidding me?!" press conference??? Bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this is not our first rodeo.. But I get it back 2 back 2 back offseason championship on the line.. :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back