Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
Mario went with the All-Star cast of coaches and coordinators...didn't go well, obviously. Could have kept at it and tried to make it work, but quickly pivoting and putting together a new staff...hopefully this is a staff that goes off more of a gut instinct than overthinking and trying to slam dunk. Getting guys that you are connected with and share the same mindset, goals, etc.

Mario went with the All-Star cast of coaches and coordinators...didn't go well, obviously. Could have kept at it and tried to make it work, but quickly pivoting and putting together a new staff...hopefully this is a staff that goes off more of a gut instinct than overthinking and trying to slam dunk. Getting guys that you are connected with and share the same mindset, goals, etc.

FWIW, most head coaches like hiring coordinators (and coaches) that they have some direct (or even indirect) connection with.

Advertisement
When your first and last name is a beer you’re likely going to be a drunk.
Speaking of beer... I am hoping this guy shows enough at FIU that we can bring him in as a transfer

1675963789233.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
We went from Grandpa Steele to a guy that talks like this lol. I’m ready for him to hit the road recruiting already lol. Need those louisianimals

When I heard this kountry kang dude giving his speech about climbing up the "heal" lol. I was like yes, we got our crawfish eating, jambalaya stew making, defensive alignment confusion faking, defensive coordinator. Finally, we got a country speaking ahh coach lmaoooo.

Advertisement
It's done and over with... Life goes on... People grow no matter the age...
12+ years sober here.
Drank enough for all of you.
Had my fun, felt my professional pain and paid my steeep professional dues.
Have a family now and am about half as dumb as I used to be - enough to get my ish together and move forward.
Hoping our guy is living/adulting again...
Indications are that he is.
Giving the BOTD on this facet.

Maybe it’s just me. But he gives me a vibe like he couldn’t wait to come here and get started. In other words he’s super geeked out to be a cane.
And that is something a little bit different imo and I love it.

Feel the same. Love the enthusiasm

::stares in Jason Candles direction::

12+ years sober here.
Drank enough for all of you.
Had my fun, felt my professional pain and paid my steeep professional dues.
Have a family now and am about half as dumb as I used to be - enough to get my ish together and move forward.
Hoping our guy is living/adulting again...
Indications are that he is.
Giving the BOTD on this facet.
I'm hitting 10 this year myself... I get it... LOL!!!

Advertisement
Back