Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

I was one of the guys that wanted Steele to stay and when he left wanted Strong to get the DC gig. I personally liked both of those guys, didn't blame them for the Manny wefense they inherited, and felt we needed more "gravitas", senior leadership and stability on the defense side while the offense was in such turmoil.

That said, I love the Guidry hire. Those stats don't lie, and his record is super impressive. He's aggressive but doesn't look gimmicky like Diaz was. I think guys like James Williams and Chase Smith have a clear role in his 4-2-5, so hopefully our personnel matches his scheme enough to make some noise in 2023 .

Kudos to Mario for bringing in a guy he'd clearly been monitoring well before the Steele announcement, and closing him in less than two days. Now let's get to work in the portal, because we still need multiple players ready to start (OLB, NG, 1-2 CBs) and a couple others in the two deep (S).

Advertisement
Advertisement
cristobal is not part of the taggart tree, he was a HC already 10+ years before he ever worked on taggart's staff
That's not true. Willie Taggart was HC for longer than Christobal and at a better school that he didn't get fired from. In fact Guidry and Christobal we're both interim coaches for the teams after willie took better jobs.

That's not true. Willie Taggart was HC for longer than Christobal and at a better school that he didn't get fired from.
I didn't mean that cristobal was a HC for ten years

I meant that he was a HC for FIU 10 years before he ever worked at oregon with taggart

hard to call someone part of someone's tree if Cristobal was a HC at FIU 4 years before taggart got his first HC job at western kentucky

Dang. Gotta feel bad for this kid. He transferred from Marshall to Tulane two weeks ago and now the coach he followed leaves.

Hes from Louisiana so hes back home...hes a grad transfer i wouldnt have mind him playing safety down here with our room the way it is

Not that he can transfer here now but do you think this kid could get quality minutes here this season?

e0Lp2sKtxTYdxMLw8GhfddtLkB3YDZ.gif

Advertisement
Already working on it but team raw got vegas this week so i’ll be out of town till mondayb

huh? did i read (pronounced reed) what i just read (pronounced red)*?

*the pronunciation guide was requested by @SWFLHurricane who says he did too much _______________ with Danny Whatever to remember difference between read and read

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hmmmmm with this type of reasoning, would you consider Rhett to be apart of Mannys coaching tree?

Mario was well established before working for Taggart.
I look at as if you get fired and dont get another HC job for significant time then get promoted from an interim status you owe your curremt career status far more to your recent seedling.

Advertisement
Back