Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
I watched every game Guidry was DC at Marshall and he's an excellent coach. Defense was great in year 1 and elite in year 2 with a decent amount of roster turnover between seasons. If the offense had been even above average they could have went undefeated this season, the defense was that special. A capable, active recruiter as well. Fantastic hire.

Based on what you just described, does he have a twin brother that coaches offense?

on your last sentence.. that much we can agree on

i don't mind people being mopes, I get down about the program too

the insufferable part is when mopes pretend to be football savants because they "knew" a coach was bad or was going to fail during the hiring process.

I could have said every coach here was going to fail in the last 20 years and been right 95% of the time but that doesn't mean I know a lot about college football, it just means I was negative, which again is fine if we call it like we see it
Here is the problem. How can you assume what knowledge of football i have.

alot of people are assuming i hate every hire. Not true at all. I havent liked many mario has made but weve had alot of coaches. Alot of coordinators, and a lot of position coaches. Some ive liked, some ive hated.

I dont hate this guy. Hope he succeeds. I think a coach with his resume is a risky hire when miami is spending money and trying to become elite. I believe there are better options available with our budget.

With how Marios has hired so far i cant comprehend people acting like this is some great hire. Hopefully mario proves me wrong. Miami sucking doesnt make my life better.

Advertisement
And you believe either one of these guys would’ve left their current jobs to come to Miami?
I literally have no way of knowing that. I believe if youre spending big time money you go make the best say no. Im also not saying the guys i named are the best.

I was asked to name 5 i would like. Im just a gorilla strength [Edited by a Maude: stop using this word before I end you, snowflake]. There are plenty better than who i named.

Ole miss got bamas dc. Why is it hard to imagine miami going and getting iowa states or other schools?

Last edited by a moderator:
@crossover22[]_[] 's mopery aside, his argument does have some merit. This is a very mysterious hire. No one seemed to even know who he was a short while ago. And as noted, his resume doesn't scream stardom.

With that said, there is a lot to like about his resume beyond the epic year at Marshall this past season. He was a successful head coach with a 22-13 career record and a bowl win. I believe there's a lot of value in having coordinators who've been head coaches. His overall scheme seems to be one that projects well with our roster and where we expect our roster to be going forward. He has Louisiana ties, we hope that can lead to some recruiting successes there. And I have to guess he can make a mean Gumbo.

All in all, Im cautiously optimistic about this hire. Even more so given the tight time frame for the search after coach Steele's late departure.

Last edited:
Baseless?

If by 51 the best job youve had is marshall then i dont know what to tell you.

Didnt know i rubbed you so wrong.

View attachment 228822

This is a myopic POV which illustrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the world, football, humans and how to run and hire for a professional organization.

Chip Kelly's best job before Oregon was working at New Hampshire.
Lincoln Reily's best job before Oklahoma was at East Carolina.
Joe Moorehead's best jobs before Penn State was at Fordham.
Jim Knowles
best job before Duke was at Cornell.

Todd Monken is 57
Jim Knowles is 57
Andy Ludwig is 58
Phil Parker is 59

Walt Bell was 33 before FSU. Jimmy Lake was 39 when he started at Washington. Willie Taggart was 39 when he took over Oregon. Nate Hackett was 41 when he was hired by the Broncos.

Zero correlation between where you come from, their age and future success.

Advertisement
See, there you go. I’m arguing facts and you start with insults.

You didn’t know about this guy, you just called him Marshall’s leftovers without any basis. 2 posters we know absolutely know football, including one who’s worked for Aranda, and the other who said exactly what he runs and how he uses players, commended the hire.
Insults? Jokes! I dont really believe posters have ***** in their throats. Lol

Since you feel so strongly about it. I hope they are correct.

I literally have no way of knowing that. I believe if youre spending big time money you go make the best say no. Im also not saying the guys i named are the best.

I was asked to name 5 i would like. Im just a gorilla strength ******. There are plenty better than who i named.

Ole miss got bamas dc. Why is it hard to imagine miami going and getting iowa states or other schools?
As I’ve mentioned numerous times, the variables are countless when considering job candidates. Right off the top, at least 75% can be eliminated for any number of reasons. The remaining 25% would be weeded down to a manageable half dozen or so. Time constraints would be a major factor in deciding who are viable candidates although Mario seems to think he’s got plenty of time.

This is a myopic POV which illustrates a fundamental misunderstanding of the world, football, humans and how to run and hire for a professional organization.

Chip Kelly's best job before Oregon was working at New Hampshire.
Lincoln Reily's best job before Oklahoma was at East Carolina.
Joe Moorehead's best jobs before Penn State was at Fordham.
Jim Knowles
best job before Duke was at Cornell.

Todd Monken is 57
Jim Knowles is 57
Andy Ludwig is 58
Phil Parker is 59

Walt Bell was 33 before FSU. Jimmy Lake was 39 when he started at Washington. Willie Taggart was 39 when he took over Oregon. Nate Hackett was 41 when he was hired by the Broncos.

Zero correlation between where you come from, their age and future success.
Yea there are exceptions to every rule. Maybe this guy is another one.

Still risky after last season. But hey im a dude on the internet.

Yea there are exceptions to every rule. Maybe this guy is another one.

Still risky after last season. But hey im a dude on the internet.
It’s way too early to know if Guidry is the goods. All we can do at this point is look at past performance, which seems very good, and hope he can replicate that at Miami.

Advertisement
lol bro made it a point to let the fanbase know he has a black wife.

Really? He can't post a picture of his family without it being some sort of race-based caper?

He didn't let everyone know he has a black wife. He didn't post a picture of his black wife. He didn't make any sort of race-related point.

The man posted a picture of him and his wife, on their way to Miami. The end.

Welcome to them.

Advertisement
It’s way too early to know if Guidry is the goods. All we can do at this point is look at past performance, which seems very good, and hope he can replicate that at Miami.
I keep hearing very good. I see Marshalls season. Thats great. Hope it happens at miami.

I also see alot of small schools and not staying anywhere for long.

dave chapelle chapelle's show GIF's show GIF

I hope he isnt driving...

just kidding...kind of

Post of the Day Nominee

@crossover22[]_[] 's mopery aside, his argument does have some merit. This is a very mysterious hire. No one seemed to even know who he was a short while ago. And as noted, his resume doesn't scream stardom.

With that said, there is a lot to like about his resume beyond the epic year at Marshall this past season. He was a successful head coach with a 22-13 career record and a bowl win. I believe there's a lot of value in having coordinators who've been head coaches. His overall scheme seems to be one that projects well with our roster and where we expect our roster to be going forward. He has Louisiana ties, we hope that can lead to some recruiting successes there. And I have to guess he can make a mean Gumbo.

All in all, Im cautiously optimistic about this hire. Even more so given the tight time frame for the search given coach Steele's departure.

Former head coach experience can be a big key here. Mario needs help with timeouts and game management. Having a former head coach even if from a small school has to help with the overall team

Advertisement
Back