Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

You're kidding right? I'm not trying to be a smartass, but you like....really don't know?
1675828191551.jpeg

245048B4-2B1F-4E19-8363-A58AEF2E48AD.gif

Ok… hers might be bleach cream aided but I don’t care!!!

Advertisement
Let me preface this by saying he should be allowed full autonomy regarding hiring defensive assistants.

BUT….if there was any interest to keep DVD and give him an “on field” position while learning under Guidry (natural DB guy by trade)…this would fit the bill.

Again, let Guidry make the call…but it could be done. Especially if Addae is gone.

Bring me those Louisiana inroads.
In fact, this is the perfect scenario to break DVD into an on-field position coach.

How Guidry's defenses ranked in his conference by yards per play:

22: 1/14 Marshall (Sun B)

21: 2/14 Marshall (USA 1st Season)

19: 5/11 Southeastern LA (Southland - 1st Season)

15: 1/11 McNeese (Southland)

14: 2/11 McNeese (Southland)

13: 6/10 McNeese (Southland - 1st Season)

12: 1/10 WKU (Sun B)

11: 7/9 WKU (Sun B - 1st Season)

Advertisement
ok. we understand this. but is there anything mythical about these light skinned black females? do they possess extra special puzzies or something?
No. Not at all. To explain this, I’ll have to go back a few centuries and pull back the covers on the history of black folks in this country, I really don’t want to go there, in this thread. Cause it’s way off topic, and it would be way to long of a post. Just know that one of the byproducts of slavery was that it created a kind of an unofficial social caste system among the slaves. It created this light skin vs. dark skin thing…. the echoes of which, still reverberates SECRETLY in our communities to this day. Where some see having lighter skin as being better. No ****. I’m gonna stop now. Lol.

No. Not at all. To explain this, I’ll have to go back a few centuries and pull back the covers on the history of black folks in this country, I really don’t want to go there, in this thread. Cause it’s way off topic, and it would be way to long of a post. Just know that one of the byproducts of slavery was that it created a kind of an unofficial social caste system among the slaves. It created this light skin vs. dark skin thing…. the echoes of which, still reverberates SECRETLY in our communities to this day. Where some see having lighter skin as being better. No ****. I’m gonna stop now. Lol.

i am aware of the caste dynamic in black communities. a similar dynamic expresses itself in other races/cultures also. anyways, i got the impression from reading some of the comments on here that there was some special about redbones, but i guess other than the caste dynamic that you refer to there is nothing at all. thank you

The fact that he is 51 and he was at Marshall and was moving to Tulane was a head scratcher. The DWI stuff makes some sense but we have had coaches recover from things as bad or worse. In general the cream usually rises to the top but like everything else in life, there are exceptions.

I like the hire. What he did with Marshall last year was great. He has an aggressive style that will work well with the SFLA athletes. Also more than anything I like the outside the box hire here by a guy we were all writing off as someone that could never venture out of his small box. To think a day ago there was a possibility that Strong was going to get the job. I’d say this is a win

You and I seem to share roughly the same opinion on this hire. A lot to like but the head scratcher is why his career hasnt evolved to where his successes would normally lead? If there's one thing about the UM coaching job, it always seems to be the purest filter of one's value. We'll know what this dude is made of as a coach before this calendar year comes to a close. Here's hoping.

But again, there's a lot to like about this hire.

Advertisement
You and I seem to share roughly the same opinion on this hire. A lot to like but the head scratcher is why his career hasnt evolved to where his successes would normally lead? If there's one thing about the UM coaching job, it always seems to be the purest filter of one's value. We'll know what this dude is made of as a coach before this calendar year comes to a close. Here's hoping.

But again, there's a lot to like about this hire.
could it be the three DUIs? is that enough to be held back?

Homie i truly respect you.

If you dont suck off every hire something is wrong. Im cool with going against the norm. Doesn't bother me at all.

No one here can tell me this is the guy to get ring number 6.

talent wins ring 6 and this guy is probably a head coach by then. That said, nothing about his coaching resume says it's a bad hire. He's a rising star in the coaching ranks that Mario caught on the way up. Let's hope he's here for 3-4 years.

Advertisement
could it be the three DUIs? is that enough to be held back.

Is that accurate? Three DUI's?

If so, then it could be that he's an old skool drunk and that could very well be problematic in this day and age. Its not like it was back in the day. I was at Fresno State back in the 80's when legendary coach Jim Sweeney was there (Dennis Errickson's mentor). That dude was a notorious drunk. There were countless stories of local police pulling him over when he was too ****ed up to drive and quietly giving him a ride home. That cant happen nowadays.

If so, then it could be that he's an old skool drunk and that could very well be problematic in this day and age. Its not like it was back in the day. I was at Fresno State back in the 80's when legendary coach Jim Sweeney was there (Dennis Errickson's mentor). That dude was a notorious drunk. There were countless stories of local police pulling him over when he was too ****ed up to drive and quietly giving him a ride home. That cant happen nowadays.

He hasn't had an issue in 12 years, and his first one came when he was 18.

Yet people were arguing that we should hire Frost in spite of the rumors of what he did six months ago.

Advertisement

He’s gotten one about every 10 years beginning in 1990

could it be the three DUIs? is that enough to be held back?
It certainly played a major role but we have seen people recover from issues before. Look at Briles, **** Bama can’t wait til Pruitt is good to go as their DC. I don’t doubt there is more of a story here but I’m still not going to completely ignore the fact he is 51 and was going to be the DC at Tulane. In terms of being a drunk, Dana Hologresen(sp?) is also 51 and still an HC.

One of them was apparently in 1990. And yes, I was told on here tonight that he does have 3. It’s in one of the threads. Not that having one in 1990 is ok, just saying it’s not like he’s got a suspended license because he’s driving drunk and getting popped every week.

Think it was like 1990, early 2000s, then 2011. So he’s due for another one. (That’s a joke).

To answer your question though, yes that’s 10000% absolutely something that holds back someone’s career.

there is a monumental difference between frost and guidry. guidry had his last issue 12 years ago and he has been hired a number of times, which suggests he has succesfully addressed the issue when it was raised by his future employers.

frost just got fired for drinking too much.

Advertisement
Back