Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

dave chapelle chapelle's show GIF's show GIF

I hope he isnt driving...

just kidding...kind of
Too soon…😂

Advertisement
I keep hearing very good. I see Marshalls season. Thats great. Hope it happens at miami.

I also see alot of small schools and not staying anywhere for long.
It’s all a crapshoot. Could be any number of reasons he hasn’t gotten/taken higher profile jobs. In my own career, I’ve had situations arise of which I had no control over that changed my path. Layoffs. Plant closings. Manager change. Sometimes we’ve just gotta be in the right place at the right time. That’s happened a couple of times for me.

ive asked 10 times. Ill ask again.

Show me his defensive rankings vs offenses he played for his career.

its all available information.
His OF+, SP+, OFEI were posted earlier and are all excellent. Those stats are designed to approach from exactly this frame of mind. Are you asking for the underlying info to be presented differently and in a harder to interpret fashion for any particularly good reason? This ain't a math conference, so why challenge decades old advanced stats? Are you afraid of quantitative data because its not in your favor or are the concepts behind these stats just a tad out of your depth?

In southern black culture, a red bone, refers to a light skinned black female.
ok. we understand this. but is there anything mythical about these light skinned black females? do they possess extra special puzzies or something?

Advertisement
Yea there are exceptions to every rule. Maybe this guy is another one.

Still risky after last season. But hey im a dude on the internet.

and we aren't even sure about this. there is a strong evidence that you might not be a dude, or at least you don't dress like one. to be determined

Advertisement
@crossover22[]_[] 's mopery aside, his argument does have some merit. This is a very mysterious hire. No one seemed to even know who he was a short while ago. And as noted, his resume doesn't scream stardom.

With that said, there is a lot to like about his resume beyond the epic year at Marshall this past season. He was a successful head coach with a 22-13 career record and a bowl win. I believe there's a lot of value in having coordinators who've been head coaches. His overall scheme seems to be one that projects well with our roster and where we expect our roster to be going forward. He has Louisiana ties, we hope that can lead to some recruiting successes there. And I have to guess he can make a mean Gumbo.

All in all, Im cautiously optimistic about this hire. Even more so given the tight time frame for the search after coach Steele's late departure.
The fact that he is 51 and he was at Marshall and was moving to Tulane was a head scratcher. The DWI stuff makes some sense but we have had coaches recover from things as bad or worse. In general the cream usually rises to the top but like everything else in life, there are exceptions.

I like the hire. What he did with Marshall last year was great. He has an aggressive style that will work well with the SFLA athletes. Also more than anything I like the outside the box hire here by a guy we were all writing off as someone that could never venture out of his small box. To think a day ago there was a possibility that Strong was going to get the job. I’d say this is a win

I literally have no way of knowing that. I believe if youre spending big time money you go make the best say no. Im also not saying the guys i named are the best.

I was asked to name 5 i would like. Im just a gorilla strength ******. There are plenty better than who i named.

Ole miss got bamas dc. Why is it hard to imagine miami going and getting iowa states or other schools?

Bama got Steele, the same dude you trashed because he was at Maryland and not an elite program. Well now he’s at Bama so i guess he’s great again… and Golding was let go, Ole Miss didn’t poach him. Lol

Anyway, you got your receipts in this thread so maybe you can do another victory lap if it doesn’t work out because I know that means a lot to you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bana got Steele, the same dude you trashed because he was at Maryland and not an elite program. Well now he’s at Bama so i guess he’s great again… and Golding was let go, Ole Miss didn’t poach him. Lol

Anyway, you got your receipts in this thread so maybe you can do another victory lap if it doesn’t work out because I know that means a lot to you.
not happy to be right about either one.

Sorry that i think miami should go get elite coaches. Maybe this guy ends up there.

His OF+, SP+, OFEI were posted earlier and are all excellent. Those stats are designed to approach from exactly this frame of mind. Are you asking for the underlying info to be presented differently and in a harder to interpret fashion for any particularly good reason? This ain't a math conference, so why challenge decades old advanced stats? Are you afraid of quantitative data because its not in your favor or are the concepts behind these stats just a tad out of your depth?
math-numbers.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back