Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

James Williams will eat is his scheme. It's an aggressive 4-2-5 that utilizes a S/LB type in the box. To me, that fits JW0's strengths, and fits his propensity to make the big play.

I just wonder where Mesidor fits in his scheme ?
Moved inside as a pas rushing DT?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im discussing a hire but because im not choking on his **** you are ****ed off.

Its much more baseless to call this a great **** then what im doing.
I called it “I don’t know a thing about the guy but it seems that SouthPark and LCE, 2 of our most knowledgeable football posters, commended the hire so that’s a good thing”

You called it “I don’t know a thing about the guy but he sucks and he’s Marshall’s leftovers”

There’s a difference, none of which involves **** or choking but one of those responses is baseless misery.

So mayyyybe we're saving the money for the offensive side of the ball...because this feels like a Blake Baker-ish hire.

Blake was commanding a top G5 DEF at LT when he left and became our DC under the MD regime.

Hope Mario knows what he's doing

Blake Baker’s scoring Defense at LaTech

2015 - 64
2016 - 96
2017 - 47
2018 - 38

Yeah, those are phenomenal numbers. We should have brought him back.

Advertisement
Guidry, 40, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count each of second-offense DWI and improper lane usage, the affidavit said.
“Guidry was previously arrested for DWIs on April 1, 1990, and Sept. 12, 2003,” the affidavit said. The affidavit did not say where those arrests took place.

Definitely answers the question of why he hasn’t gotten bigger opportunities.

I'd also point out that the article says "arrest" for DWI in his younger days, but that doesn't necessarily mean convictions.

Still problematic, though.

Advertisement
What baggage?
also if I remember right, you're a panthers fan too

how you feeling about reich and Evero?!

what a turnaround, so excited for football season next year. Went from two of the worst offenses imaginable with Rhule/panthers and gattis/miami to what looks to be quite the turnaround

Advertisement
I called it “I don’t know a thing about the guy but it seems that SouthPark and LCE, 2 of our most knowledgeable football posters, commended the hire so that’s a good thing”

You called it “I don’t know a thing about the guy but he sucks and he’s Marshall’s leftovers”

There’s a difference, none of which involves **** or choking but one of those responses is baseless misery.
I never said i dont know a thing about him. That was you.

Oh but the other 2 have a wealth of knowledge on him. Ok........

Yet again. Most posters on this board were wrong about gattis and steele. Me and a few others were correct but now we know nothing.

Yes if you say this is a great hire based upon his resume you are definitely choking on something.

Why don't you provide some statistical basis on why the names you mentioned are better instead of ****posting in a full adult diaper.
Joe Rossi is the defensive coordinator / linebackers coach for the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. This season, Minnesota has record two shutouts and held 7 of 10 opponents to 13 points or less, 8 of 10 opponents to 20 points or less and 9 of 10 opponents to 26 points or less. Minnesota has two shutouts on the season, a 38-0 win over New Mexico State and a 31-0 victory against Rutgers. Minnesota has recorded two shutouts in a season for the first time since 2006 and second since 1977. Georgia and Kansas State are the only other programs with two shutouts this season, but each had one against FCS foe, making Minnesota the only team to shutout two FBS teams this year. The shutout of Rutgers was the Gophers’ first Big Ten shutout victory since a 45-0 win versus Illinois on Oct. 23, 2004.

Jon Heacock is in his eighth season as defensive coordinator at Iowa State, establishing the Cyclones as one of the best defensive units nationally in his tenure in Ames.

Heacock has 38 years of coaching experience, serving as a head coach at Youngstown State (2001-09) and defensive coordinator stints at Youngstown State (1992-96, 2000), Indiana (1997-99), Kent State (2011-12) and Toledo (2014-15).

Heacock was named a finalist for the Broyles Award in 2017 and was again a nominee for the award in 2022.

Heacock’s imprint on the Cyclone defense has been evident, utilizing multiple schemes – 3-4 and 4-3 –to confound the high-powered Big 12 offenses.

Behind Heacock’s ability to limit opposing offenses efficiency, the Cyclones have thrived as a team, earning bowl berths in five of the last six seasons and making regular appearances in the national rankings.

Iowa State has ranked second (20.9- 2017), first (22.9- 2018), third (25.9- 2019), second (21.4- 2020), third (20.5, 2021) and first (20.2, 2022) in the Big 12 in scoring defense in each of the last six seasons, all totals among the top-50 nationally.

I won't pretend that i like or dislike this hire since i had never heard of this man until a few mins ago. However, i do like that this move shows yet again that the many so called "insiders" around this team don't know **** regarding Mario's hiring habits.

I never said i dont know a thing about him. That was you.

Oh but the other 2 have a wealth of knowledge on him. Ok........

Yet again. Most posters on this board were wrong about gattis and steele. Me and a few others were correct but now we know nothing.

Yes if you say this is a great hire based upon his resume you are definitely choking on something.
you weren't right about gattis and steele

you hate every hire and criticize everything, that doesn't mean you're right when it doesn't work out, it just means that you're weak minded and expect the program to fail at every turn because it makes you feel like you're wiser about college football.. It's even worse when you give ridiculously uninformed and unintelligent replacements in contrast to the hires.

Advertisement
Back