Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
Dat *** GIF
That’s one a$$ I’d lack to smack 😛

Advertisement
I kinda hope Addae does scram tbh...

His Safety recruiting was some Bull**** & was even more so IMO & that was supposed to be his speciality.
Plus his technical coaching acumen was actually worse than Banda’s.

I want us to go snatch up Perry Eliano from OH ST or finally get Corey Raymond for once & for all.

Well, given that Guidry is a DB guy, I'm guessing he has his sights on someone other than Addae. But yeah, I'd like Addae to take a hike - play on field was questionable, recruiting was smh and this guy had some run-ins with other coaches/staff behind the scenes supposedly.

Anyone on those Marshall Defences worth exploring in the portal?
Micah Abraham
Much of his work with defensive alignments and personnel reads a lot like the Pittsburgh Steelers who have been using primarily only 2 DL with their hands in the dirt and 2 OLB’s to set the edge. The Steelers have done this for over 20 years going back to Greg Lloyd and Kevin Greene, to James Harrison and now with TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith.
Steelers have run a 3-4 my entire life. Al Golden showed it would be tough as **** to have that personalle at this school. We have 1 possible 1tech nose on campus right now as we speak. Im not sure if the personnel reads like the steelers who have 300+ pd DE's, etc. Quick glance just looks like he stands up his ends because they recruited smaller type ends who would be like the rush ends/olb's.

Advertisement
Like I said earlier today “ Steele was not going to be the play caller this year , the speed of this hire will prove it “.
It's been mentioned by you for quite some time that Steele wouldn't be in the same role. Seems like Mario gave him similar treatment as he gave to Gattis which was find yourself a landing spot or if you'd prefer (in Steele's case) accept an analyst position.

The difference between Steele and Gattis is someone actually wanted Steele. Rightfully so he's a proven commodity and a perfect hire for Saban.

Advertisement
IDK about up and comer. Yes the stats are good but it was a schedule you would expect from Marshall. He is also in his 50's and has bounced around the G5 ranks for 20+ years and even with that D the best he could get is a tulane DC gig. I am not crapping on the hire because of that but this is not some new mid 30 early 40 coach that has been flying up the ranks.

Overall I like the style of defense he runs and think it fits well in Miami, no idea about his recruiting ability however.
Don’t underestimate the power of the mope side!

Advertisement
Just looked at his Tulane bio and found something pretty interesting.

They had removed the email address and phone numbers for 3 coaches/assistants.

DC Lance Guidry, DL coach Travian Robertson, and assistant Tyler Spotts-Orgeron.

Tyler Spotts-Orgeron is coach O's stepson.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I'm thinking Robertson and Spotts-Orgeron are probably coming over as analysts.

Advertisement
Back