Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
Cormani would've been a nice cherry on the top of our CB room, but with good coaching, we're set to succeed for next season. This kid can come or bounce and we'll be fine.
He was going to follow his girlfriend to East Carolina. Immaturity if I've seen it.
Think he is unhappy about Strong and Steele.
He's been shaky for months. This is the excuse he's been looking for imo.

He was going to follow his girlfriend to East Carolina. Immaturity if I've seen it.

He's been shaky for months. This is the excuse he's been looking for imo.
Kids these days. How about sticking around for another 2 months to see if you like the new defensive system and coaches?

Advertisement
Like I said earlier today ā€œ Steele was not going to be the play caller this year , the speed of this hire will prove it ā€œ.

So... based on how fast this happened and how slow the OC hire is going, can we also assume that Gattis was going to be the play caller next year but for the unforeseen circumstances?

Go Away Leave GIF by Martin

Advertisement
Micah Abraham

Steelers have run a 3-4 my entire life. Al Golden showed it would be tough as **** to have that personalle at this school. We have 1 possible 1tech nose on campus right now as we speak. Im not sure if the personnel reads like the steelers who have 300+ pd DE's, etc. Quick glance just looks like he stands up his ends because they recruited smaller type ends who would be like the rush ends/olb's.
Steelers say they run a 3-4 but on 2nd and 3rd down they typically pull the 3rd down lineman, use the 2 OLBā€™s as edge rushers/setters and bring in a 5th DB.
They rarely use 3 down linemen expect for 1st down and obvious running downs like short yardage. the Marshall D-ends look a lot like the college versions of Harrison, Lloyd, Green and TJ Watt.

Even more impressive when F+ has the Marshall offense as the 120th ranked offense in the country last year.

Marshall basically just came out, took three kneel downs and punted and said, ā€œgood luck defense.ā€
So 2022 Miami basically except the Marshall defense we got this and Miami's couldn't

Advertisement
Just looked at his Tulane bio and found something pretty interesting.

They had removed the email address and phone numbers for 3 coaches/assistants.

DC Lance Guidry, DL coach Travian Robertson, and assistant Tyler Spotts-Orgeron.

Tyler Spotts-Orgeron is coach O's stepson.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I'm thinking Robertson and Spotts-Orgeron are probably coming over as analysts.
Dude, good eyeā€¦ Robertson coached Gore at Georgia State last year

Advertisement
Just looked at his Tulane bio and found something pretty interesting.

They had removed the email address and phone numbers for 3 coaches/assistants.

DC Lance Guidry, DL coach Travian Robertson, and assistant Tyler Spotts-Orgeron.

Tyler Spotts-Orgeron is coach O's stepson.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I'm thinking Robertson and Spotts-Orgeron are probably coming over as analysts.

And we get another T-Rob? Fantastic!

Seems like Mario moved very quickly and decisively on this hire...

Probably already mentioned but I believe that @jazperbc and @JHallCanes were both right in that Steele's move wasn't exactly a surprise. I could absolutely be wrong but I don't see Mario being THIS decisive with a DC opening that was remotely sudden or unexpected.

Screenshot_20230207_142641_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230207_142700_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Back