NEW D-Line Coach - Bryan Cox?

CAT5Coming

Redshirt Freshman
He's been in the NFL developing as a coach. Legend in SoFL, All-Swag Team, coached D-Line and Pass Rush at the highest level, he's currently unemployed. I have no idea if he's got the fire for the NCAA game, but his son just finished his career so he knows the modern world of recruiting. What do you guys think?
1519244788347.png

Advertisement
Haha- I came across this maniac too (and Ol' Jimmy Tomsula) when doing a cursory scan of who would be available if Rick for some reason looked to the NFL. What makes Cox an even bigger long shot than he'd even be normally is probably his zero experience at all on the college level. I personally would have wanted his unique personality "field-tested" in the world of recruiting.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Haha- I came across this maniac too (and Ol' Jimmy Tomsula) when doing a cursory scan of who would be available if Rick for some reason looked to the NFL. What makes Cox an even bigger long shot than he'd even be normally is probably his zero experience at all on the college level. I personally would have wanted his unique personality "field-tested" in the world of recruiting.
Tomsula would be a monumental hire but obviously never happen

He's been in the NFL developing as a coach. Legend in SoFL, All-Swag Team, coached D-Line and Pass Rush at the highest level, he's currently unemployed. I have no idea if he's got the fire for the NCAA game, but his son just finished his career so he knows the modern world of recruiting. What do you guys think?
View attachment 58440

Would pass for a lot of reasons (as there are more qualified candidates)—but no bigger red flag these days than not having coached in college before and not having strong recruiting ties.

Advertisement
Lol... Put Hartley there... In a year we'll have the best D-Line class in the country. Not that he'll have to recruit there but El Sicario Blanco will crush that guy Bama just hired...without ever having coached the position.

#HartleyASavage

Remember Cox on Hard Knocks two years ago when he was DL coach of the Atlanta Falcons? He was hilarious ....and profane. Most entertaining of the Atlanta coaches.

Probably a little rough around the edges for CMR.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back