New CB offer: Marvin Covington

Status
Not open for further replies.
1603763811898.jpeg

Advertisement
Without the summer camp circuit this year, players were bound to slip through the cracks. Not saying he’s a sure fire prospect but this year is gonna have a lot of guys pop up super late. I’d be shocked if this is the only offer Miami puts out at CB this week. Probably doing heavy evals this week.

Checks a couple boxes.

Solid Size
From Texas
Legit Speed
Plays the CB position.

I do wonder if this offer is getting tossed out means that the kid from IMG told Miami he isn’t coming. But this is usually the time of year Rumph decides to start recruiting for the current class so who knows.

Last edited:
Solid size/speed combo and film looked good in press man coverage. The optics of this offer don't look great but if we have no traction elsewhere at CB and wanna roll the dice on a Texas kid with good measurables, considering Texas kids are usually well coached, I'm ok with the offer.

Advertisement
He legit can play and has measurables yet the homers in here are saying he’s a reach. Un ******* real. They accept looking like **** vs. UVA then want to go and recruit the same players that keeps you looking like **** vs. UVA.
A lot of people on here just care about how many stars are next to their name lol.

We really need prospects like Marshall, but I don’t mind digging for kids like this with toughness and verified speed. It’s not a great year locally.
While I agree it isn't a great Sofla year for corners... there are kids worth offers even if they aren't your top target Marshall. And history shows us that some of these kids will end up in the NFL

Derrick Edwards should be offered at this point...Tires should be kicked on Mcburrows. Tyler Gaskin...I'm not the biggest fan of Hallman on tape, but Wisconsin knows defense pretty good...Just outside of tri-county we have Gonazales, Sistrunk, O.Cooper (the latter two if you want size).

Nah Rumph always has to be the smartest man in the room...I mean even if we are first now, when this kid blows up he will go SEC/Big 12 anyway.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looks like kid can run and mirror somewhat...Why no offers...Also he grabs ALOT from just skimming over his tape.

I hope we can out recruit Fresno State!

Can anyone explain to me how our CB recruiting has fallen to this level? I mean you could go to Belle Glade and Pahokee and offer some 9th grader who would have better film than that.............

Advertisement
I like this offer couple reasons

*Texas kids usually are more developed in a S&C program in their HS...

*Verified 10.8, a track kid..so plenty speed

*film looks good and a good cover guy

*Probably not ranked as high as some like because of pandemic and no camps... staff literally said that they would have to look more now at junior and some senior film to evaluate kids...not much camp film for any prospects..

*If he wants in, take him... Brown seems to be waiting for someone (auburn?) to say yes... read between the lines..no visits through Jan and he still weighing options?? yea move on..no need to get burned on ESD or NSD

Advertisement
A lot of people on here just care about how many stars are next to their name lol.
The message boards of VT and Pitt and UVA and Michigan State and South Carolina are filled with fans saying, “I like his film” after each 3*. Thats why those programs are what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back