New CB offer: Marvin Covington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
In this ago of spread uptempo passing offenses, do you guys realize how deficient in sheer numbers at the CB position, in addition to talent? I don’t know why we aren’t going after at least 2 CBs this cycle. I’m guessing we try to snag a transfer

Been reading the board and people complaining at the lack of offers at CB and why are we waiting on Brown and others.
The staff expands their board and people still complain.
They don’t see Bama or UGA etc, so they immediately begin to b***h. Rumph needs to go but 90% of the ppl laughing at this offer didn’t even watch the kids highlights

Advertisement
Kid looked good in coverage if he’s fast I like his mentality so I say why not hahaha do we have any other options

@SouthParkCane any info on this kid?
He’s not 5’11 probably but he plays bigger then his size. I rolled my eyes at the offer only because we don’t already have a primary cornerback committed and he’s raw, this kid is well coached though and if given a real offer will come in and put his head down and work. If our corner depth stays as bad as he can come in and provide more ball skills than we’ve had in a long time at the position. He actually reminds me of my brother coming out except he didn’t have the same exposure. If he was able to hit the camp circuit he would be a fringe 4 Star. He’s a take tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Again I'm at the point where this is 100% on Manny IDGAF. I mean CB, LB, ****** DC....if he doesn't make changes - and more than just ******* Rumph - then I don't think we'll ever be back

This kid looks well worth a take If that speed is verified...

Mike Rumph step up...

After reading the front page article, every coach may get a pass for recruiting this year because of how hard "covid" was on the team. Rumph ain't going anywhere this year.

Advertisement
Bro can u not read I'm not a big homer. THE STAFF HAS NOT SEEN HIM PLAY IN PERSON OR HAD HIM IN A CAMP. That's it nothing more. If our coaches saw him live I have no problem but they haven't.
and that won't happen anytime soon. You cannot forget that. Who knows what next spring will bring, either? Everyone isin the same boat.

Advertisement
He’s probably the same size as couch with slightly less long arms
How does he compare to Couch skill wise? Because I really like couches game we need more true Cover Corners in my opinion less of these safeties trying to play corner

Broken record every single year with this program. Film looks decent but man do we need to get over this hump (or Part ways w/Rumph)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back