New ACC Thread (and statement on thread derailment)

I’m just an extremely lucid and rational guy that’s looking at this entire situation with a clear head.

The country is in the midst of a health crisis AND a fiscal crisis, and we need to FOCUS to dig ourselves of it this mess. That’s what good leaders do in a crisis.

Yet, we’ve got university presidents and leadership committees from the ACC, SEC and Big 12 committing to play football instead of devoting time and resources towards a much bigger issue that has wide reaching impacts for their campuses. They are showing a shocking lack of leadership, awareness and poor judgement.

The other conferences made the hard choice to cancel the fall season, based on smart decisioning and by weighing the risks. The ACC, SEC and Big 12 are on the wrong side of history and it’s a bad look.
That’s your opinion. Doesn’t make it even remotely close to accurate.

Advertisement
I’m just an extremely lucid and rational guy that’s looking at this entire situation with a clear head.

The country is in the midst of a health crisis AND a fiscal crisis, and we need to FOCUS to dig ourselves of it this mess. That’s what good leaders do in a crisis.

Yet, we’ve got university presidents and leadership committees from the ACC, SEC and Big 12 committing to play football instead of devoting time and resources towards a much bigger issue that has wide reaching impacts for their campuses. They are showing a shocking lack of leadership, awareness and poor judgement.

The other conferences made the hard choice to cancel the fall season, based on smart decisioning and by weighing the risks. The ACC, SEC and Big 12 are on the wrong side of history and it’s a bad look.
Also, the BIG 10 and the PAC 12 made really dumb and hasty decisions. There was absolutely no reason to cancel the season this early. They screwed themselves. Meanwhile, the other 3 conferences are getting the benefit of practicing with no additional risk to the athletes.

Also, the BIG 10 and the PAC 12 made really dumb and hasty decisions. There was absolutely no reason to cancel the season this early. They screwed themselves. Meanwhile, the other 3 conferences are getting the benefit of practicing with no additional risk to the athletes.

Except that it does. They ****ed up and it’s making them look horrible.

Even if the other 3 never end up playing games, they won in this. They got the practices and they won the PR game. Period.

Advertisement
It’s fact. Refute it little fella
The little fella makes some salient points. Additionally the Big 10 has 5 top 25 university medical hospitals and the input was of value to the final decision. Also , don’t forget where the Mayo
Clinic and Cleveland Clinic are located. The Big 10 had almost 800 million in revenue last year, top conference in the country. They did not come to their conclusion by accident or mistake. Believe the other three conferences play when they kick to open the season, until then it’s dress rehearsal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The little fella makes some salient points. Additionally the Big 10 has 5 top university medical hospitals and the input was of value to the final decision. The Big 10 had almost 800 million in revenue last year, top conference in the country. They did not come to their conclusion by accident or mistake. Believe the other three conferences play when they kick to open the season, until then it’s dress rehearsal.
I’m not debating about whether they play. I’m simply stating that cancelling the season this early was stupid. They deprived their football programs of precious developmental time. They could have allowed their teams to practice then cancel closer to the first game. Simple. And, I’ll go with the views of the ACC over the BIG 10 any day. The ACC is the top academic conference and it’s not even close.

Traveling on a team plane isn’t risky. Maybe getting up close and personal with the other team is a little risky If they are not properly tested.

Airport, Hotel, overnight stay create some added risk, not really about the Chartered plane itself, more about staying overnight somewhere.

MY daughter goes to elementary school in Orlando. I guess she is braver than our college students.

Or you are dumber than the Big 10’s Doctors, but we shall see. I hope she lives but f’ it YOLO!

Duke is the lynchpin strangely - it’s the best school in the ACC/SEC/B12 and their Doctor is propping the entire thing up. If Duke bails (1st team to bail on March Madness) then season over for everyone IMHO.

Advertisement
Or you are dumber than the Big 10’s Doctors, but we shall see. I hope she lives but f’ it YOLO!

Duke is the lynchpin strangely - it’s the best school in the ACC/SEC/B12 and their Doctor is propping the entire thing up. If Duke bails (1st team to bail on March Madness) then season over for everyone IMHO.
I will be informing you of her health within the school year .

Jeez. The CDC's number is CV-19 is fatal in confirmed cases to only 0.26%. I think the same numbers hold for the flu.

That's confirmed cases - when you get into those exposed and have become infected - that Infected Death Rate is somewhere in the 0.00? percentage rate.

You know why no one really knows the numbers? Because vehicle accident deaths were also counted if they had been exposed - and lots of folks who had cancer, diabetes, heart conditions, and a plethora of terminal conditions - who were also elderly.

Cancelling - LIFE - because of a small percentage of one percent is prudent? I'd call it stupid.

Doctors and medical mistakes kill 250,000 Americans each year.

We don't cancel doctors!

If you're lucid and rational with a clear head - why don't you 'splain this to the rest of us.

Advertisement
Jeez. The CDC's number is CV-19 is fatal in confirmed cases to only 0.26%. I think the same numbers hold for the flu.

That's confirmed cases - when you get into those exposed and have become infected - that Infected Death Rate is somewhere in the 0.00? percentage rate.

You know why no one really knows the numbers? Because vehicle accident deaths were also counted if they had been exposed - and lots of folks who had cancer, diabetes, heart conditions, and a plethora of terminal conditions - who were also elderly.

Cancelling - LIFE - because of a small percentage of one percent is prudent? I'd call it stupid.

Doctors and medical mistakes kill 250,000 Americans each year.

We don't cancel doctors!

If you're lucid and rational with a clear head - why don't you 'splain this to the rest of us.

Those 250,000 people you referenced had pre-existing conditions, as evidenced by them being operated on by doctors so their deaths don't really count as medical mistakes.

I’m not debating about whether they play. I’m simply stating that cancelling the season this early was stupid. They deprived their football programs of precious developmental time. They could have allowed their teams to practice then cancel closer to the first game. Simple. And, I’ll go with the views of the ACC over the BIG 10 any day. The ACC is the top academic conference and it’s not even close.
I am just a bit closer to the Big 10 situation than most and very informed on the events in Cbus and I’m not here to get in a ****ing match. That being said I posted in late July the Big10 season was in big trouble and my guys insight has been correct ever since. They made the right call and a few extra practices mean absolutely nothing unless you play football this fall and once the dress rehearsal is over, i don’t see football in any of the power 5s. Don’t sell the Big 10 short on med schools as Michigan and Norfhwestern university hospitals are in the top 20 hospitals in the country, the ACC has. Zero and my post referenced med schools.

I am just a bit closer to the Big 10 situation than most and very informed on the events in Cbus and I’m not here to get in a ****ing match. That being said I posted in late July the Big10 season was in big trouble and my guys insight has been correct ever since. They made the right call and a few extra practices mean absolutely nothing unless you play football this fall and once the dress rehearsal is over, i don’t see football in any of the power 5s. Don’t sell the Big 10 short on med schools as Michigan and Norfhwestern university hospitals are in the top 20 hospitals in the country, the ACC has. Zero and my post referenced med schools.

Those medical schools teach by rote - which is how they learned.

Quick question - MERS or SARS had a really high death rate - and no one did a damned thing.

How's that work?

Advertisement
Back