New ACC Thread (and statement on thread derailment)

Advertisement
Anything short of a deletion of the account and an IP block is bull****. No means no. It doesn’t mean next time it mean no. Or, the time after next time … it means no. It means no all the time. It just needs a mod (@IndayArtHauz @RVA Cane ) to enforce it. I said it a year ago @JD08 ...here we are.

Forget a “political board”… just delete all accounts that have a political figure as an avatar and delete posters who make any reference to any political figure, party or concept. But to keep this … “…next time we’ll do this” is embarrassing. It just means you don’t have the stomach for the hard decisions.

Wow, Talk about "Authoritarian Tendencies";)

Sad truth is all the ad hominem and lack of being able to offer viewpoints in a mutually beneficial (i.e. learning) environment are a symptom of the national Covid 19 PTSD "gifted" to us from China

https://www.ptsd.va.gov/covid/index.asp

The vast number of civilians in this country have not faced "This will kill you" fear in their lives...A no one can get pulled out of the line and sent "to the rear" or "back to the world." As it pertains to sports, taking away something from an 18 - 21 year old that they cherish the most leads to bad things happening. Maybe none of you have dealt with it, but to those who have supervised this age group by the hundreds, know a lot of these kids need some normalcy in their lives, RIGHT NOW. Normalcy, like football normalcy.

As for this forum, more restrictions will only exacerbate the situation. I notice these boards going the way of many, with knowlegable, stalwart posters gone and new posters coming in who can't even put three coherent sentences together...Maybe it's a sign.

Advertisement
I bet you've spent the last several months in a panic room.
I’m just an extremely lucid and rational guy that’s looking at this entire situation with a clear head.

The country is in the midst of a health crisis AND a fiscal crisis, and we need to FOCUS to dig ourselves of it this mess. That’s what good leaders do in a crisis.

Yet, we’ve got university presidents and leadership committees from the ACC, SEC and Big 12 committing to play football instead of devoting time and resources towards a much bigger issue that has wide reaching impacts for their campuses. They are showing a shocking lack of leadership, awareness and poor judgement.

The other conferences made the hard choice to cancel the fall season, based on smart decisioning and by weighing the risks. The ACC, SEC and Big 12 are on the wrong side of history and it’s a bad look.

CFB Players = Testosterone filled young person who still wants to hang out and thinks they are invincible, but has no money and has more of their time under the watchful eye of the football staff.

Professional Athlete = Testosterone filled young person who still wants to hang out and thinks they are invincible, but has LOADS of money and has significantly less of their time under the watchful eye of the coaching staff.

You sure it's harder to control the CFB player?
That’s a fair point; especially considering MLB players have guaranteed money regardless. BUT, look what happened to the young guy from the NFL who broke protocol. He got cut. So when there’s money incentives, belief it is easier to control or monitor the pro. Plus, a lot of these professionals have families in which they do not want to infect. Young kids think about today; maturity think about tomorrow. So I still stand by it’s more difficult to control young CFB players.

I’m just an extremely lucid and rational guy that’s looking at this entire situation with a clear head.

The country is in the midst of a health crisis AND a fiscal crisis, and we need to FOCUS to dig ourselves of it this mess. That’s what good leaders do in a crisis.

Yet, we’ve got university presidents and leadership committees from the ACC, SEC and Big 12 committing to play football instead of devoting time and resources towards a much bigger issue that has wide reaching impacts for their campuses. They are showing a shocking lack of leadership, awareness and poor judgement.

The other conferences made the hard choice to cancel the fall season, based on smart decisioning and by weighing the risks. The ACC, SEC and Big 12 are on the wrong side of history and it’s a bad look.
Fallacy....

Advertisement
Um is more advanced than UCF. Pretty obvious by their proactive approach.

Yeah, the University of Miami is a private school—roughly $50,000 per year for base tuition.

Students revolted back in May and went down the road of a class action lawsuit—refusing to pay full private school tuition for an online model.

In-state tuition at the University of Central Florida is just over $6,000 annually. Night and day difference.

UM being "pro-active" was a financial move—as the university would've been in disaster-mode this fall if stuck with online courses as a private institution.

Don't confuse the two—and always follow the money.

Yeah, the University of Miami is a private school—roughly $50,000 per year for base tuition.

Students revolted back in May and went down the road of a class action lawsuit—refusing to pay full private school tuition for an online model.

In-state tuition at the University of Central Florida is just over $6,000 annually. Night and day difference.

UM being "pro-active" was a financial move—as the university would've been in disaster-mode this fall if stuck with online courses as a private institution.

Don't confuse the two—and always follow the money.
Im sure anyone can find a flaw if they're looking for it. I couldn't disagree more with your assessment. Any fool can go to a state school.

Advertisement
Good article from ESPN with Manny and Frenk.

We should and will play this year if test results keep coming back negative 3 weeks of testing and no positives shows its safe to play
I’m a proponent of playing but if the standard is no positive tests you can kiss the season goodbye. It’s only a matter of time before we have multiple positives.

The history hasn't played out yet. No one knows how this will look. Do you really think we'll be played UAB, or whoever, if positive tests break out on their roster the week before the game?

Advertisement

This is an ongoing situation and if anyone thinks the big three is not in constant contact with the other two conferences as to what info they have they believe in the Easter bunny. I would love to see football but the chances grow slimmer by the day.

Advertisement
Back