New ACC Thread (and statement on thread derailment)

I agree, this makes perfect sense.

Are the new dorms taking the place of Eaton (not physically, as they can't tear down Eaton, but is Eaton going to be empty for a while)?

If so, move the football players into Eaton. They can't possibly do any more property damage than was done in my freshman year, we set a UM record that still stands.
my sophomore year, our floor broke the water fountain and ceiling tiles (thanks to pike) every time they went to fix it and then flooded the RAs room in pearson

it got to the point where they just stopped fixing it and told us to go to another floor to get water

Advertisement
Hmmm...seems like more BS...

You're talking about "athletic dorms" from decades ago...then yapping about how you "walked past the practice field" that is supposedly "near the law school parking lot.

Suuuuure.

I went to UM Law as well, and your story makes no sense.

View attachment 127468
Why would I lie about going to that s***** law school?
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I had a great time at Miami and was there when Butch was loading up the talent. I remember buying a drink for Scott Covington someplace
... but feel free to believe what you want.

In looking at your map, thank you, I'm thinking about a really small closed-in field on San Amaro Drive. Think it had lights for nighttime. I thought it was a practice field but who knows ... Good old days.

If your football team at this level can't avoid parties for a few months, then the coach is garbage, and the team is garbage. If you want to play football this year, then you have to realize it's going to come with a lot more sacrifices than usual. And one of those is that you are going to have to avoid that kind of **** away from the field for a few months.
If the season play out. NFL scouts are watching these kids closely. A kid with a late round projection could easily go undrafted if he catches covid partying. Covid will easily show who loves the game and who just play the game.

Anything short of a deletion of the account and an IP block is bull****. No means no. It doesn’t mean next time it mean no. Or, the time after next time … it means no. It means no all the time. It just needs a mod (@IndayArtHauz @RVA Cane ) to enforce it. I said it a year ago @JD08 ...here we are.

Forget a “political board”… just delete all accounts that have a political figure as an avatar and delete posters who make any reference to any political figure, party or concept. But to keep this … “…next time we’ll do this” is embarrassing. It just means you don’t have the stomach for the hard decisions.

Advertisement
Why would I lie about going to that s***** law school?
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I had a great time at Miami and was there when Butch was loading up the talent. I remember buying a drink for Scott Covington someplace
... but feel free to believe what you want.

In looking at your map, thank you, I'm thinking about a really small closed-in field on San Amaro Drive. Think it had lights for nighttime. I thought it was a practice field but who knows ... Good old days.

Look, I don't know why anyone lies and trolls on this board, but it happens.

And the reason I'm calling bullsh!te is because I want to UM Law during the same timeframe.

So when you are yapping about "athletic dorms" and "walking past the practice fields" (which was literally impossible), you have to understand why someone would easily and correctly conclude that you are making stuff up.

Hey, maybe your memory is faulty. You got the IM fields mixed up with the football practice fields. No big deal. Take your L, rub some dirt on it, and walk it off.

Anything short of a deletion of the account and an IP block is bull****. No means no. It doesn’t mean next time it mean no. Or, the time after next time … it means no. It means no all the time. It just needs a mod (@IndayArtHauz @RVA Cane ) to enforce it. I said it a year ago @JD08 ...here we are.

Forget a “political board”… just delete all accounts that have a political figure as an avatar and delete posters who make any reference to any political figure, party or concept. But to keep this … “…next time we’ll do this” is embarrassing. It just means you don’t have the stomach for the hard decisions.

Why do you hate TrumpyCane so much?

Good article from ESPN with Manny and Frenk.

We should and will play this year if test results keep coming back negative 3 weeks of testing and no positives shows its safe to play

Advertisement
Nothing about what the SU players are doing makes any sense at all. If they are concerned about the protocols in place at SU, I could understand sitting out, but sitting out right now from team practices because they are concerned about protocols in place at other schools makes ZERO sense. Something doesn't add up at all. If they are concerned about what is happening at other schools, they should continue to practice AND make it clear that they won't play in any games until the issues at other schools are addressed. They are only hurting themselves right now. Real dumb.

Gotta disagree; it’s much more difficult controlling a testosterone filled young person who still want to hang out, that also have been convinced they are invincible towards the virus, than an pro athlete. 30 Rutgers players just tested positive all w/in 3 weeks.
CFB Players = Testosterone filled young person who still wants to hang out and thinks they are invincible, but has no money and has more of their time under the watchful eye of the football staff.

Professional Athlete = Testosterone filled young person who still wants to hang out and thinks they are invincible, but has LOADS of money and has significantly less of their time under the watchful eye of the coaching staff.

You sure it's harder to control the CFB player?

Look, I don't know why anyone lies and trolls on this board, but it happens.

And the reason I'm calling bullsh!te is because I want to UM Law during the same timeframe.

So when you are yapping about "athletic dorms" and "walking past the practice fields" (which was literally impossible), you have to understand why someone would easily and correctly conclude that you are making stuff up.

Hey, maybe your memory is faulty. You got the IM fields mixed up with the football practice fields. No big deal. Take your L, rub some dirt on it, and walk it off.
You are a strange one. This was 20 years ago ... But yes, I'll take the L.

Advertisement
He's very strange. Has this ridiculous obsession with being right about everything and talks down on everybody. If I had to guess, he's got a bad case of little man syndrome.

I just don't like buffoonish trolls like you. But thanks for the dipsh!te psych analysis. Now you realize why nobody takes you seriously.

The ACC, SEC and Big 12 must cancel the season. I love the Canes more than anyone, but they can’t play ball this year. Cannot!

Its mind boggling that they’re even attempting to play football amongst all the health risks, uncertainty and chaos. On top of that, all other conferences have canceled!

The presidents and leadership committees from all ACC schools, SEC and big 12 have shown a shocking lack of leadership and poor judgement across the board. It’s surprising.

Advertisement
The ACC, SEC and Big 12 must cancel the season. I love the Canes more than anyone, but they can’t play ball this year. Cannot!

Its mind boggling that they’re even attempting to play football amongst all the health risks, uncertainty and chaos. On top of that, all other conferences have canceled!
I bet you've spent the last several months in a panic room.

The presidents and leadership committees from all ACC schools, SEC and big 12 have shown a shocking lack of leadership and poor judgement across the board. It’s surprising.
According to someone closely involved with the Big 10 deal, the remaining Big 3 are on a very slippery slope. I also would like to see a season, but your points are well taken.

Advertisement
Back