New ACC Thread (and statement on thread derailment)

Advertisement
by the IM fields, they built the UV (2006 was the first year they were into existence i believe maybe 05) but those were available to only juniors and seniors (close to the frat houses). thats about it on that end. they got rid of the apartments on campus. they have towers, eaton, the new dorm jsut opened, mahoney pearson

also, there are students who live off campus (ludlam pointe, valencia, U Inn Condos, etc)
I'm aware there are no "athletic dorms," but wouldn't it be a great idea to make an exception for this year given the current pandemic? How hard would it be to have a little section for just the football team this year? That could be a great way to help bubble up a little more.

Testing once a week, while not ideal, will be better than the zero tests per week the players will have if football gets canceled.

I think we're seeing this through different lenses, which happens. I'm thinking more along the lines that college kids, with no football, will not be sitting at home quarantining. I see them out and about with virtually no regard for avoiding COVID, as they pretty much feel invincible at that age. He will no longer have the responsibility of not being the guy who shuts his team down with COVID. Instead, he'll just be a guy who, if he catches it, will just chill for a few days until the symptoms subside. He'll also have a lot more free time on his hands and no more structure in his life.

OSU MD both came out and said they will continue testing its players. i know UM sent every student a test as a requirement to come to campus. bama is forcing everyone to get tested too before returning

even if they werent young as ****, even old people arent following the guidelines bc they dont believe in it or dont care. the partying is stupid but people will party esp in college (**** house parties were becoming an issue)
If your football team at this level can't avoid parties for a few months, then the coach is garbage, and the team is garbage. If you want to play football this year, then you have to realize it's going to come with a lot more sacrifices than usual. And one of those is that you are going to have to avoid that kind of **** away from the field for a few months.

I'm aware there are no "athletic dorms," but wouldn't it be a great idea to make an exception for this year given the current pandemic? How hard would it be to have a little section for just the football team this year? That could be a great way to help bubble up a little more.
not all players live on campus and id agree w the exception but then youre also admitting that those students are more important than others. i assume theyll try to put as many players on the same floors as possible though within the same dorm, but it still wont be perfect. even, UF that has a semi athletic dorm (Springs) even though it isnt officially the athletic dorm, its the closest to the facilities and has many athletes live there still has regular students living there if they request springs

Advertisement
If your football team at this level can't avoid parties for a few months, then the coach is garbage, and the team is garbage. If you want to play football this year, then you have to realize it's going to come with a lot more sacrifices than usual. And one of those is that you are going to have to avoid that kind of **** away from the field for a few months.

i agree but remmeber this is the same HC that had players from last year messing around. while it isnt mannys fault there, people will do what they wanna do.

Leagues that cancelled are still on campus practicing in the Fall (20/hrs per week) as I understand it. So that kneecaps the safer with the team vs at home argument.

ACC/SEC/B12 have to make the case that traveling and playing games does not increase the risk to their players. We shall see if they can do this. I selfishly hope they can at least play one game to showcase the Lash Attack! I still believe that a season would be more likely if they just limited travel to bus travel no overnight trips, but probably unfeasible at this point.

OSU MD both came out and said they will continue testing its players. i know UM sent every student a test as a requirement to come to campus. bama is forcing everyone to get tested too before returning
Let's see how often the players take COVID tests if the season gets canceled.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to the players in the conferences that cancel football. I'm sure we won't hear about it because it won't be **** to the media and will run contrary to the demands to cancel football, but I have a feeling the players in the "cancel conferences" will have more COVID cases than the ones who are playing.

Of course, we'll never know because, like I said, once the players aren't playing, the schools and media don't give a fck. If it ain't being reported, then it ain't happening. That's the sad truth.

i agree but remmeber this is the same HC that had players from last year messing around. while it isnt mannys fault there, people will do what they wanna do.
"People will do what they want to do" is true in most walks of life. But being part of a team requires sacrifices. If you're not willing to make those sacrifices for a few months, then you should opt out or be weeded out.

This, like all things leadership-wise, starts at the top. We'll see who the real leaders are. I have a strange feeling, the usual top dog bosses will find a way to keep their players from hanging out at parties and clubs for a few months.

Advertisement
Leagues that cancelled are still on campus practicing in the Fall (20/hrs per week) as I understand it. So that kneecaps the safer with the team vs at home argument.

ACC/SEC/B12 have to make the case that traveling and playing games does not increase the risk to their players. We shall see if they can do this. I selfishly hope they can at least play one game to showcase the Lash Attack! I still believe that a season would be more likely if they just limited travel to bus travel no overnight trips, but probably unfeasible at this point.
Traveling on a team plane isn’t risky. Maybe getting up close and personal with the other team is a little risky If they are not properly tested.

"People will do what they want to do" is true in most walks of life. But being part of a team requires sacrifices. If you're not willing to make those sacrifices for a few months, then you should opt out or be weeded out.

This, like all things leadership-wise, starts at the top. We'll see who the real leaders are. I have a strange feeling, the usual top dog bosses will find a way to keep their players from hanging out at parties and clubs for a few months.

dont disagree at all my man. happy friday!

Traveling on a team plane isn’t risky. Maybe getting up close and personal with the other team is a little risky If they are not properly tested.
the biggest hurdle will always be whether you trust the other teams are testing in the same fashion and are responsible. we thought with the ACC being unified it wouldnt and only the OOC teams make it tough, but as were seeing, no guarantees at all even within the conference

Advertisement
I went to the law school and I'd walk past the practice field which near the law school parking lot. That's about all I know about athletic dorms ...

Id drive all the way over from the Grove everyday

Hmmm...seems like more BS...

You're talking about "athletic dorms" from decades ago...then yapping about how you "walked past the practice field" that is supposedly "near the law school parking lot.

Suuuuure.

I went to UM Law as well, and your story makes no sense.

1597435446142.png

Yeah; bump that. This is a sports board w/ occasional petite to voluptuous @$$e$ that grace our boards. Keep that MSNBC, CNN, FoxNews b.s outta here. Air ur political grievances/views on those forums.

You do realize it would be a board that you would not be forced to view.

And it would remove all the political talk from the football board.

Seems like a win-win, no?

Hmmm...seems like more BS...

You're talking about "athletic dorms" from decades ago...then yapping about how you "walked past the practice field" that is supposedly "near the law school parking lot.

Suuuuure.

I went to UM Law as well, and your story makes no sense.

View attachment 127468

think he meant iM fields which is still facing Stanford and behind the wellness center. the Um practice fields are close to the soccer fields tennis complex etc. there are no athletic dorms there (nearest ones are either the freshman towers on one end and UV off san amaro

Advertisement

I agree, this makes perfect sense.

Are the new dorms taking the place of Eaton (not physically, as they can't tear down Eaton, but is Eaton going to be empty for a while)?

If so, move the football players into Eaton. They can't possibly do any more property damage than was done in my freshman year, we set a UM record that still stands.

100% true.

AND...when has that ever stopped anyone?

****, this year's national champ might be the most pious and well-behaved team, that contracts the fewest cases of Covid.

Ladies and gentlemen, your 2020 football national champions...Brigham Young University!

think he meant iM fields which is still facing Stanford and behind the wellness center. the Um practice fields are close to the soccer fields tennis complex etc. there are no athletic dorms there (nearest ones are either the freshman towers on one end and UV off san amaro

Agreed. You can't see the football fields from the road.

Maybe this dude just has brain damage. He walked past the IM fields, saw some kids playing flag football, then they went into the Towers, and he just assumed those were the Athletic Dorms.

Makes more sense than his postings.

Advertisement
Back