New ACC Thread (and statement on thread derailment)

Advertisement
Boardman jr. jr. made a sincere and honest attempt to get things in line. Some of the top verbal pugilists on this board adhered and the thread took off. What the F' happened? C'mon fellas let's reign it back in.

I like Cleveland but don’t know enough about Miami. They come to Cleveland from all over the world and these people can go anywhere.
CC Ohio is great. CC FL not so much. They're buying up failing hospitals. Quality suffers.

Advertisement
The ACC, SEC and Big 12 must cancel the season. I love the Canes more than anyone, but they can’t play ball this year. Cannot!

Its mind boggling that they’re even attempting to play football amongst all the health risks, uncertainty and chaos. On top of that, all other conferences have canceled!

The presidents and leadership committees from all ACC schools, SEC and big 12 have shown a shocking lack of leadership and poor judgement across the board. It’s surprising.

Will COVID disappear come Spring time? Will COVID simply disappear by next year? Will a vaccine make everything ok? Is it just COVID risk you are averse to and all other inherent risks in life acceptable?

I'm just curious what your vision of a bubble wrap universe looks like and how it is feasibly accomplished.

CFB Players = Testosterone filled young person who still wants to hang out and thinks they are invincible, but has no money and has more of their time under the watchful eye of the football staff.

Professional Athlete = Testosterone filled young person who still wants to hang out and thinks they are invincible, but has LOADS of money and has significantly less of their time under the watchful eye of the coaching staff.

You sure it's harder to control the CFB player?
Whoa, look who upvoted you. I guess my work is done here...

067E4952-3E8F-46DB-96B9-19C981AF5E04.jpeg

Advertisement
I
In a non-bubble environment, it's a **** of a lot more difficult to control a professional athlete than it is a college athlete. Comparing what happened with the Marlins to CFB is a false analogy.
Sure hope you are right! Also, even if UM does a great job with its' players, we (and the ACC at large) could still get whipsawed by programs who do a lousy protective job.

Oooohhhh...the great irony in this small simple statement

Hahahaha...ya man. And you wanna be a moderator. **** outta here with that. You can take it back to your safespace in the Tears thread where you can post 2000 word essays on the musings of other teams initial counters like anyone actually gives a ****. You are a punchline round these parts chief.
Plzjerk4 and Canes1968 can keep upvoting one another while everyone else laughs at you. Enjoy your envy and anger.

Advertisement
That’s why it’s insane that there isn’t a stringent conference standard for testing that every team must follow.
This is one of my main arguments against the ACC, SEC and Big 13 playing this fall. I have several arguments against playing during a pandemic, but this is one of the primary sticking points

Advertisement
They even got in my boy's thread specifically talking about political thread derailment. Insidious.

Certain porsters learned all their arts of persuasion from the movie Gaslight.

I must admit, I laugh every time certain people "praise" the no-politics edicts while passive-aggressively sliding their political viewpoints into porst after porst.

You just don't have a stomach for opposing views. You spend way too much time down voting opposing views than defending your own.

The down-voting comment is relevant, but the first sentence made me laugh. A lot.

Advertisement
Back