New ACC Thread (and statement on thread derailment)

Advertisement
Regardless of where you stand on playing or not play football, the biggest hurdle is going to be when students return to campus.

Will the athletes be isolated from the rest of the students?

What will the University Presidents do if there is an outbreak on campus?

Will football continue if students are sent home because of Covid-19?

My son is a sophmore and my nephew is a freshman heading to his campus dorm this weekend. Universities are having online classes, but what about all the social interaction living in dorms and going to parties? IDK how you keep girlfriends and boyfriends out of the male and female athletic dorms.

We should see postive or negative signals after students have been on campus for 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned....

Advertisement
Regardless of where you stand on playing or not play football, the biggest hurdle is going to be when students return to campus.

Will the athletes be isolated from the rest of the students?

What will the University Presidents do if there is an outbreak on campus?

Will football continue if students are sent home because of Covid-19?

My son is a sophmore and my nephew is a freshman heading to his campus dorm this weekend. Universities are having online classes, but what about all the social interaction living in dorms and going to parties? IDK how you keep girlfriends and boyfriends out of the male and female athletic dorms.

We should see postive or negative signals after students have been on campus for 2-3 weeks. Stay tuned....

How do you do it when they’re not at the University?

How do you do it when they’re not at the University?
Is that the case for all of college football? It doesn't change the optics of what happens if the students are sent home. It's a possible scenerio and a legitimate question of what will the university presidents do.

These are not just questions for UM as I pointed out in my previous post. If a few schools don't have their act together, the whole tent could fold.

Advertisement
It’s going to happen since you are allowing students back on campus vs on-line.

So either you continue on if the overwhelming majority are Asymptomatic or you go virtual.

Best way to protect the football players is to make school virtual and only allow the Football players or fall athletes on campus.

If not, some type of positive tests are a given and how are schools going to justify the large tuition fees for virtual classes? As a parent, I know I would want a major discount for on-line classes. For that, I’ll send my kids to University of Phoenix.

It’s Double edge sword.

Advertisement
It’s going to happen since you are allowing students back on campus vs on-line.

So either you continue on if the overwhelming majority are Asymptomatic or you go virtual.

Best way to protect the football players is to make school virtual and only allow the Football players or fall athletes on campus.

If not, some type of positive tests are a given and how are schools going to justify the large tuition fees for virtual classes? As a parent, I know I would want a major discount for on-line classes. For that, I’ll send my kids to University of Phoenix.

It’s Double edge sword.
If Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, and the parents and players really want football, the petition/*****ing to Twitter — isn’t the answer. They need to get the student body to mask up, social distance and be responsible.

The players don't need to do **** but expess their desire to play. The students can decide on their own what they need to do. People telling people what to do doesn't go over very well in common sense circles.

If Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields, and the parents and players really want football, the petition/*****ing to Twitter — isn’t the answer. They need to get the student body to mask up, social distance and be responsible.

It's time to deputize the RAs and give them guns.

Advertisement
They made the call before students even got to campus.

Thread Reply Ban - Take It Up on The Suggestions Board not Recruiting or Eye in the Sky.
It is being discussed. The trouble is that once we open that door it’s essentially impossible to police.
Isn't this whole discussion political? What issue isn't today? By the way, it seems the site has plenty of political ads popping up. Should those be banded too or does money trump (notice lower case please) all? Hey, we are just along for a free ride and you guys can do what you want, there really isn't much football to talk about except the politics of football. Given my nature to talk politics and religion, I will need to not post much going forward for fear of having the mark of having been banned by CIS.

Isn't this whole discussion political? What issue isn't today? By the way, it seems the site has plenty of political ads popping up. Should those be banded too or does money trump (notice lower case please) all? Hey, we are just along for a free ride and you guys can do what you want, there really isn't much football to talk about except the politics of football. Given my nature to talk politics and religion, I will need to not post much going forward for fear of having the mark of having been banned by CIS.
4 times in one post? Do you have a death wish?

Advertisement
Back