New ACC Thread (and statement on thread derailment)

Outbreaks were bound to happen when students go back and start engaging in heavy petting. Do what MLB did with the marlins.....quarantine those infected and move on with everybody else

Advertisement
4 times in one post? Do you have a death wish?
Now you see why I I said I'll have to not post much. Heck, I already typed and deleted four other posts. I was going to post on the old gun thread about some new hardware I got this weekend but figured that could be good. Thanks for your concern. Stay safe. For me I guess that means thorw out the keyboard.

Now you see why I I said I'll have to not post much. Heck, I already typed and deleted four other posts. I was going to post on the old gun thread about some new hardware I got this weekend but figured that could be good. Thanks for your concern. Stay safe. For me I guess that means thorw out the keyboard.

All your fears are true. I'm not even sure if I can disclose my undergraduate major any longer. All because we had a (growing) group of people who would passive-aggressively (and aggressively) shoehorn a particular topic into every thread, and then scream bloody murder when anyone responded in-kind. Also, the complaints about "inconsistent enforcement" were particularly loud from this same group of posters.

And before anyone tries to blame others, I've never been hypocritical on this subject. I believe that all topics can be "polite conversation at the dinner table" (except for "business" as seen on Yellowstone last night), but I can also respect the desire of some to NOT discuss certain topics on the football board.

I will be sad to lose your frequent posts, but I guess this is what things have come to.

Don‘t see how there will be fans at college games when the student body behaving like there’s no pandemic.

Advertisement
We will know in the next few days if this is a meaningful development or not.
I know ND’s position is no students in class or on campus = no football. I can’t remember what Mack Brown said a couple weeks ago re this but I think he said the same thing. So far ND hasn’t reported problems on campus.

I know ND’s position is no students in class or on campus = no football. I can’t remember what Mack Brown said a couple weeks ago re this but I think he said the same thing. So far ND hasn’t reported problems on campus.
Honestly if it were me, I’d want the campus to be empty except for student athletes who want to play. It’s a safer environment all around, with no side effects.

The push back from that usually comes in a question like, “how can we expect them to play when there aren’t even students on campus?”, which sounds self evident but holds no water to me. What on earth do students physically being on the grounds have to do with playing a sport? What’s the harm in staying? Why do we need an alternative based on some made up precedent?

Advertisement
Advertisement
LOL. Did his brother opt out? If he didn't, then that REALLY makes the COVID thing look like a lame out copout instead of just saying "I think I might be a first round pick and don't really feel like playing college football in empty stadiums this year."
No. Brother is playing for UNC

Advertisement
LOL. Did his brother opt out? If he didn't, then that REALLY makes the COVID thing look like a lame out copout instead of just saying "I think I might be a first round pick and don't really feel like playing college football in empty stadiums this year."
Oh he's definitely thinking that his team is sorry and his QB left, so why let his draft stock be negatively impacted.

If he said that, I would have a ton of respect for him. Because at the end of the day, that’s exactly why he’s opting out

Advertisement
Back