New 2014 OL Commit

Al clearly said he wanted to add OL for depth purposes & because he didn't like the numbers..for all you clowns who think we're gunna get a Bama target this late in the 14 class are retarded.

Plus the potential of your OL doesn't hinge on their offer list but the player development he goes into. IMO Kehoe underachieve last year with the line we had but this year will really be telling with players like Gadbois and Isadora looking to replace some holes. I do think they played ok, had times when they played well as a group and other times they didn't. If we cut down on the laspes in which we don't play well I think Kehoe has done his part

Of course the O-line has underachieved under Kehoe so far. In practice they've had to go against a terrible D-line. As the D-line gets better so will the O-line. Iron sharpens iron...

Advertisement
maybe not at UM, but, how often does 1st team oline go against 1st team dline?
I don't think that applies.

Tyler Grimsley made 5A first team All State in Florida along OG Isiash Wynn, so Grimsley is definitely keeping good company on the field an is excellent value pick up for Kehoe and AG as a walk on.

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/class-5a-all-state-football-teams/19299/

He has added 30lbs of good weight over his JR to SR year. As a junior he made the state of FLA weight lifting 1A finals list for the 238lb class. He benched 320lbs and clean and Jerk 275lbs as a junior in high school last spring which would put him in the middle of the pack among current UM Olinenmen.

FLA weight lifting Composite list 2012-2013
http://www.fhsaa.org/node/11697

Its ironic that UM passed on offering DT Edgar Cerenod from American Heritage and then the kid he dominated in the title game walks on at UM.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2013-12-11/sports/fl-heritage-clay-matchup-1212-20131211_1_sony-michel-mike-rumph-torrance-gibson

Clay's offense vs. Heritage's defense: Shannon Asbell (1,211 yards, 20 TDs), Wes Weeks (1,128 yards, 14 TDs) and Bilal Ally (970 yards, 10 touchdowns) gives Clay a three-back system that could wear down Heritage's defense but more importantly, chew clock and keep Michel and Co. off the field. Rumph said when Clay does throw, it will rely on the roll-out more than anything. Senior offensive linemen Nick George (6-foot-2, 240 pounds) andTyler Grimsley (6-3, 255) will anchor an offensive line opposite run stoppers Edgard Cerenord (6-3, 285 pounds) and FIU commit Justin Sibole (6-4, 275). Clay's offense, Rumph said, is similar to Hardee. Heritage beat Hardee 41-7 in the regional finals. He added: "They're built to get three to four yards a carry. They can constantly keep the clock rolling and keep our offense off the field. That's their plan."

Here are the highlights from FLA State Title game with Clay vs Heritage from 2013 ( watch #11 in white vs #69 in Blue)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/167777/highlights/116247481

Last edited:
Advertisement
Stole him from Weber State.... Al doin' work!

All you Weber State fans- don't be
jelly.

Do you really have to find something to complain about? a walking-on for God's sake. Do you know what that mean? Unreal!

Lmao, relax.

The OP said absolutely nothing about him being a walk-on. Just said that he was offered and he committed. Got it?

People forget that Joaquin Gonzalez was a walk-on. Spent '97 on scout team. Got his scholarship in August of '98. Was a 4 yr starter and eventual All-American.

Don't write off walk-ons.

People forget that Joaquin Gonzalez was a walk-on. Spent '97 on scout team. Got his scholarship in August of '98. Was a 4 yr starter and eventual All-American.

Imagine the meltdown on this board if this kid gets a scholarship in August 15

Advertisement
Advertisement

Imagine the meltdown on this board if this kid gets a scholarship in August 15

Well it's about to become a reality, just five months early.

We're 5 months away from August of 2015?

I missed the 2015 lol, I'll go edit that.

He's not a walk-on.

If he isn't a walk on I'll never understand these late adds. They make no sense what so ever. We need all the scholarships we can get.

Rarely have these late adds worked out and they have rarely left after 1 year, freeing the scholarship back up. This add and Brown just take away 2 stud players we can take next year. Also, we could use those 2 scholarships against our sanctions.

Hate the move.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back