6A All-State 2nd team

Freddie Booth-Lloyd
Cocoa
4A All-State 1st team

Jordan Ingraham
BTW
4A All-State 1st Team

According to AG... yes.

BS. You have no idea if the staff would have offered one of those kids if they had known about the Gibbons decommitment. That took everyone by surprise.

BS. You have no idea if the staff would have offered one of those kids if they had known about the Gibbons decommitment. That took everyone by surprise.

The staff found out like 5 days before NSD & none of these recruits were contacted... Yep. Total BS

I knew we were gonna pickup some bum at DT nobody wanted post NSD. This is an annual Golden tradition....when will he ever learn?

Agree 100%. Wish we had never wasted a ship on Ray Lewis too.

Ray Lewis was a high school all American you *** guzzler

Colin Kapaernick wasn't.
Either was Levontee David. He was the afterthought out of all those Northwestern Bulls we signed.

The NFL is littered with no star guys who didn't show much in high school but some smart college recruiter saw the potential after 3 years hard work and tutelage.

Obviously it's great to sign 5 stars, but most 5 stars come with 5 star attitudes.
Seems like our coaches won't even offer the aholes no matter what the stars say.
Look at our top recruits. Guys like Chick, Duke, Coley and Tracey Howard seem like team first guys.
I'm thinking that, for our coaches, character has to match talent.
No more Ray Ray's.

They will take chances on EJ's, but won't hesitate to get rid of any bad apples.

Is Joe Brown a better OL prospect than any of these kids the staff passed on:

A'lique Terry
Hialeah
8A All-State 3rd team

Ryan Crozier
STA
7A All-State 2nd team

Raul Diaz
Central
6A All-State 1st team

Michael Smith
Central
6A All-State 2nd team

Freddie Booth-Lloyd
Cocoa
4A All-State 1st team

Jordan Ingraham
BTW
4A All-State 1st Team

Any of those guys a 6'5" 330lb non fattie offensive lineman?

Advertisement
Brown's highlights get much better after the minute or so, an considering the scheme we run he has the natural tendency to read first than make the play rather than charge into a gap. With the proper coaching and commitment to Utough; Brown will develop into a very solid NT, but the key is for him to buy in 100%

For those questioning Brown's strength and explosiveness, I bring to your attention his 44ft Power ball toss at Sparq Combine. Just as a point of reference that toss would have tied for 3rd best at the Nike Open this summer behind Damien Mama (48ft) and Danter booker Jr who tossed a 45.5 ft.

An to close out the dline comparisons the best power ball toss for the 2014 class was Ja Quez Bullock from Henderson, NC who throw 44ft. Oh wait so that would mean Joe Brown tied for the best Power Ball throw in the nation among Dlinemen since he also throw 44ft.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/161318/jaquez-bullock

Joe Brown's Sparq Results (82 Sparq rating puts him in the top 3/4th of the nation for dlinemen as a NT that's impressive)
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/170442/joe-brown

An far more important than the bench press is the power ball toss for gauging upper body strength utility and overall explosiveness in a football player. Khairi Clark and Anthony Moten tied for 3rd best throws at 41ft of any dlinemen at the event an they were both 4* stars. So Brown has elite explosiveness and considering he probably doesn't work out much, he will have huge potential. Consider Sentreal Henderson is not a workout warrior yet he man handles dlinemen with his natural strength.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2013/7/1/4484646/full-nike-sparq-combine-results-the-opening-2013

Who the **** is Jaquez Bullock? Did you look at the numbers he put up? I really don't understand the point here.
You know what, never mind if you're happy bringing in this caliber of recruit then good for you. Must be nice to have no expectations.

I knew we were gonna pickup some bum at DT nobody wanted post NSD. This is an annual Golden tradition....when will he ever learn?

Agree 100%. Wish we had never wasted a ship on Ray Lewis too.

Ray Lewis was a high school all American you *** guzzler

Colin Kapaernick wasn't.
Either was Levontee David. He was the afterthought out of all those Northwestern Bulls we signed.

The NFL is littered with no star guys who didn't show much in high school but some smart college recruiter saw the potential after 3 years hard work and tutelage.

Obviously it's great to sign 5 stars, but most 5 stars come with 5 star attitudes.
Seems like our coaches won't even offer the aholes no matter what the stars say.
Look at our top recruits. Guys like Chick, Duke, Coley and Tracey Howard seem like team first guys.
I'm thinking that, for our coaches, character has to match talent.
No more Ray Ray's.

They will take chances on EJ's, but won't hesitate to get rid of any bad apples.

This entire post is just dripping with bullshlt, but the great part is how you highlight Coley as a team first guy. Coley is some symbol of character, morality, and all that is right with sportsmanship to you -- Why? Because it fits into your overly wet fellating of Al Golden? You're dead wrong. So don't try to make shlt up to fit some creepy theory you have about how we recruit.

Everyone around Coley commented on him having a bad attitude, questionable character issues, off-the-field stuff, etc. He got his grades up, so he got an offer. He got an offer because he's a ******* can't-miss stud. That's it.

Put the corny Disney Channel shlt on the shelf.

Mods,

You've let this board run amuck! Name calling and ridiculing recruits shouldn't be tolerated, specially those that ink with us!
Mr. Brown, if you or your family happen to read this thread, it's not indicative of our fan base as a whole. This site has a very vocal minority of @ssholes. There are hundreds of members, but a handful of posters that will never be happy with anything this staff does. Again, welcome to the U young Cane!

Over or under 15 pages on a kid we wont remember in a month?

Over. And he may be brought in as an OG.

From the CS article: "Brown says he prefers to play defense but is fine playing offensive line, which is where UM plans to use him. He says he expects to start out as an offensive guard."

Advertisement
Over or under 15 pages on a kid we wont remember in a month?

Over. And he may be brought in as an OG.

From the CS article: "Brown says he prefers to play defense but is fine playing offensive line, which is where UM plans to use him. He says he expects to start out as an offensive guard."

I saw last night and personally at that size you take that flyer

I don't get all this, "at worst he adds depth."

WTF good is depth if the player is a useless liability on the field?

Junior Alexis, Corey King and Matt Pipho were 'depth' players. What good did they do us?

Junior Alexis, Corey King and Matt Pipho were 'depth' players. What good did they do us?

Exactly. So he may be an extra body in practice? Awesome. If that's the case, then fine, but let's not pretend like it's a good chance that he turns into something more than that. Anyone suggesting that the staff would rather have this guy as an OL instead of some of the guys we decided to not recruit during this last cycle are full of it. Let's call it for what it is - the staff is taking a flyer on a guy that has one offer, from UTEP, to play a position that he's never played before. If we wanted "depth" I'm sure we could have found someone to be the 12th OL on our team from the pool of OL that actually played the position in high school.

Again, is this a big deal? No. But citing guys that weren't highly recruited that turned out great as a reason we should be optimistic is silly, just like it's silly to expect that every 5 star WR we recruit is going to be the next Andre or next 5 star RB we recruit is going to be the next Frank Gore. Chances are, Brown is going to be a deep bench player.

Pipho would tell you **** off. He started 12 games at RT in 2009. He wasn't awful either. Comparing him to Alexis and King is **** insulting

Advertisement

Pipho would tell you **** off. He started 12 games at RT in 2009. He wasn't awful either. Comparing him to Alexis and King is **** insulting

He wasn't awful? You gotta be ****ting me.

Remember what you want to remember. He was an average RT. He handled Derrick Morgan and JPP that year.

Remember what you want to remember. He was an average RT. He handled Derrick Morgan and JPP that year.

Pipho was awful

Advertisement
Some of y'all should be ashamed of yourselves..... How would you like it if a bunch of p*ssys ridiculed your son? Act your **** age and quit talking about recruits negatively especially the ones who are going to miami

JAG special, the more I look at his highlights, I'm not sure if he's worthy of a preferred walk-on spot here, WTF is the staff doing?

I'm sure the professional staff knows a **** of a lot more than some nobody sitting on his couch and surfing the web. Brown may not be a star, but he has the potential to add quality depth at a position of need. Someone to plug into the rotation who will likely be better than King or Moore.

[/I]

Well given your own premise, how do you explain the utter lack of production from the staff's previous under the radar DT selections: Darius Smith, Renfrow, King, and Briscoe?

dk72,

My issue with this is that we are "adding depth" while other teams are getting guys to compete for starting spots. I understand the problem, and realize that this is not fantasy football, but it is a concern nonetheless.

Oh, you mean guys like Moten and Hertelou?

This, I'd rather hold the scholly and have it count against the scholly reductions.

I highly doubt they offered this kid because they think he's a total sh*tbag loser that is never going to amount to anything.

They obviously saw something in the kid they think can be special. He is a huge kid, who doesnt have very good strength or speed numbers. What that tells me is that he's raw as ****, and hasnt really had much sophisticated strength or speed training. That is PRECISELY the kind of guy you look for when looking for "sleepers". The kids that have NOT really fully developed yet.

No one is claiming this kid was some great steal or a cant miss recruit. But I dont think we need to officially declare this kid is a loser and will never amount to anything yet. The staff feels they can make him into something, and I guess we will see. Its fair to say that you dont have much faith in the staff and their ability with kids like this, but we dont need to trash the kid and proclaim that he's never going to amount to anything. Fact is we dont know. They saw something they liked, I mean they could have offered any number of other guys if it was just about grabbing anyone for "depth". They didnt. Yet they saw this kid's video and decided they would spend a ship on him. All we can do is hope for the best, and wait and see.

Advertisement
Back