2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
With him being as highly rated a wrestler that he is I can't see him coming here unless he's willing to put wrestling on the back burner.... Usually with wrestle heads their goal is to go to the Olympics one day... If and I say If that's true with Jack then going to a more wrestle friendly school would be the move... I mean he can still play football as well but wouldn't have to push wrestling aside...
From what I looked up UM doesn't have a wrestling team unless I'm missing something.... Don't get me wrong, would love to have him here but just don't see it...

With him being as highly rated a wrestler that he is I can't see him coming here unless he's willing to put wrestling on the back burner.... Usually with wrestle heads their goal is to go to the Olympics one day... If and I say If that's true with Jack then going to a more wrestle friendly school would be the move... I mean he can still play football as well but wouldn't have to push wrestling aside...
From what I looked up UM doesn't have a wrestling team unless I'm missing something.... Don't get me wrong, would love to have him here but just don't see it...
Football is where he will have a future to make money. Which program will be best for him to accomplish that is the question. If his football career takes a dive then there is the transfer portal back to a wrestling school option. I guess that is another possibility.

Advertisement
Football is where he will have a future to make money. Which program will be best for him to accomplish that is the question. If his football career takes a dive then there is the transfer portal back to a wrestling school option. I guess that is another possibility.
That's making the assumption that money is what's motivating him... not saying it isn't but we have no idea where his head is in that regard... What we do know is he's a **** of a wrestler and football player so it leans to him wanting to do both... which is why I don't think he'll come here...

That's making the assumption that money is what's motivating him... not saying it isn't but we have no idea where his head is in that regard... What we do know is he's a **** of a wrestler and football player so it leans to him wanting to do both... which is why I don't think he'll come here...

well, he has football scholarship offers on the table from at least 3 P5 schools. I would think he feels from a possible career standpoint football will be his bread basket.

Now in terms of the money motivation NIL deals might also come into play there. But long term, I think he probably sees football as his ticket and not wrestling. You could be right though if he sees Auburn offering at least the same advantages as UM in football, plus the wrestling then Auburn would be in the driver's seat.

Advertisement
Personally, I don't think this kid has a committable offer to either Miami or Auburn, and I'm not going to get upset one way or another about whether we get this kid.
He has a committable offer from Auburn and he will be bagged because they'd really like to have him in this class.

He has a committable offer from Auburn and he will be bagged because they'd really like to have him in this class.
Not so sure about the bagging part on this one. Do you see the kids back yard? Not too bad. It's not about money on this one. Ruiz has NIL's covered moving forward in terms of spending money anyways. Hopefully, Mario can sell him on the entire package, i.e. football, education and career ala Dan Morgan.

Advertisement
Auburn does not have a wrestling team.

Advertisement
Not so sure about the bagging part on this one. Do you see the kids back yard? Not too bad. It's not about money on this one. Ruiz has NIL's covered moving forward in terms of spending money anyways. Hopefully, Mario can sell him on the entire package, i.e. football, education and career ala Dan Morgan.
You think people with money don't want more money?

Yes I have been to campus several times.

I was insinuating the student body is disproportionately white, whIch it is as proven by your stats. "80% white"was an inference, but thanks for reaserching the stats to support my inference. Also the percentage total from the site your referencing seem mathematically short by several points.

Go Canes

Don't worry about the cut-and-pasters who don't really know the truth. If you add up the percentages in the UM cut-and-paste, you only get to 80%, so maybe the other 20% of UM students have no race? Whatever.

And actually, most of the percentage discrepancy from the first table cited is because "white" is just US-white. There are also categories like "International" and "Multi-Ethnic" and "Unknown" and "Other". The reality is that even within the "International" grouping, many of those students would be considered "white".

And, ultimately, it all depends on perspective. Because UM is predominantly white/Hispanic (and don't complain about my word choice, I'm using the UM categories), then to a black person, it can look very white. And if you ask a country kid from the Deep South, that person would see things as "less white" due to the number of Hispanic students and international students.

Don't get bogged down in the nonsense. You've made some good points.

I can see how some think it's racism, very minor if that. I wouldn't say it's racism though.

It isn't any different than seeing a white skill position player, thinking there's no way this guy is going to be a player over stud x. If you're Latin and have a soccer ball at your feet and there's a white guy next to him, most are going to think the Latino will be the better player before they even do something. Man of color on the track, you know people are picking them. Chinese on things, you're picking them. Nordic people on cross country skiing, better pick them.

It also isn't just about seeing someone or something for what they are skin color wise. It's completely natural to notice in skin color as it is to notice differences in everything in the world we see. Those differences are tells and signs at times, but it isn't all racism.

Give people a chance. People are so **** quick to label everything racism these days when it's part of our nature to notice differences in the world. It's how you react to those differences that'll define you.
I only see orange and green

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back