2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm no mathematician but something doesn't add up.

Calculating Oh No GIF by MOODMAN

Why all he confidence that he will pick Auburn?
He seems to retweet and follow a lot of players and coaches at Auburn . That’s just what I’ve noticed . Even the generic motivational tweets from auburns football page

He seems to retweet and follow a lot of players and coaches at Auburn . That’s just what I’ve noticed . Even the generic motivational tweets from auburns football page
Pretty sure he was doing the same for Miami football.

I just watched some more video on him today, wrestling and football...this guy looks like he will be a big asset.

Advertisement
WRONG. Hav you ever even been on campus?

The enrolled student population at University of Miami is 37.6% White, 23.6% Hispanic or Latino, 8.18% Black or African American, 4.72% Asian, 3.42% Two or More Races, 0.124% American Indian or Alaska Native, and 0.0561% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islanders.

Yes I have been to campus several times.

I was insinuating the student body is disproportionately white, whIch it is as proven by your stats. "80% white"was an inference, but thanks for reaserching the stats to support my inference. Also the percentage total from the site your referencing seem mathematically short by several points.

Go Canes

Yes I have been to campus several times.

I was insinuating the student body is disproportionately white, whIch it is as proven by your stats. "80% white"was an inference, but thanks for reaserching the stats to support my inference. Also the percentage total from the site your referencing seem mathematically short by several points.

Go Canes

I'm not up your ***, bro. It just bothers me when there is misinformation posted about my U. As if it's some lily white elite school only for privileged kids. It's incredibly diverse which is one of the things I'm most proud of as an alum. And not to pile on, but actually you're wrong again. You're not using "disproportionately" correctly. Compared to the US population, UM has disproportionately more minority students that the general population:

As for the percentages being "short by several points," I would assume that is reflecting anyone who chose not to indicate their race, which is a right that each student has. Here you go. This a pie chart (with link in case you'd be interested in taking a deeper dive) for anyone who needs to see it this way.

chart-undergraduate-racial-ethnic-diversity_lg.jpeg

Also we score very highly in student body AND faculty diversity:

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 5.02.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pretty sure he was doing the same for Miami football.

I just watched some more video on him today, wrestling and football...this guy looks like he will be a big asset.
Nah he wasn’t lol

Def looks like a player tho

Advertisement
I'm not up your ***, bro. It just bothers me when there is misinformation posted about my U. As if it's some lily white elite school only for privileged kids. It's incredibly diverse which is one of the things I'm most proud of as an alum. And not to pile on, but actually you're wrong again. You're not using "disproportionately" correctly. Compared to the US population, UM has disproportionately more minority students that the general population:

As for the percentages being "short by several points," I would assume that is reflecting anyone who chose not to indicate their race, which is a right that each student has. Here you go. This a pie chart (with link in case you'd be interested in taking a deeper dive) for anyone who needs to see it this way.

View attachment 174178

Also we score very highly in student body AND faculty diversity:

View attachment 174180

I am clearly referring to the Miami student body population not the nation. So the word usage of disproportionately - (to an extent that is too large or too small in comparison with something else.) Is applicable when considering the white student population is exponentially larger than any other individual racial group at UM.

But I commend the effort in the argument.

Go Canes

Advertisement
I am clearly referring to the Miami student body population not the nation. So the word usage of disproportionately - (to an extent that is too large or too small in comparison with something else.) Is applicable when considering the white student population is exponentially larger than any other individual racial group at UM.

But I commend the effort in the argument.

Go Canes

My friend. I will ignore your snide little remark there at the end out of sympathy. Let's break this down again from the start:

You flat out said "UM is a private school with a student body that is at least 80% white." ("at LEAST," lol). You were way, way wrong. So I PROVED to you that what you were saying was incorrect.

So then instead of being a fella, and saying "oh wow, I didn't know that," or "cool, this school that I profess to love has given me yet another reason to be a fan" you lamely moved the goalposts to "I was insinuating the student body is disproportionately white." Which again, is also wrong. I showed you what the racial makeup of the US is. UM's student body is actually disproportionately non-white compared to the population, AND to other colleges and universities. So strike 2.

The fact that you dug in there again, shows you don't understand what the word "disproportionately" means. Disproportionate to WHAT? The context of our conversation is clearly whether UM is a diverse school or not. You think not for some misguided reason. So again, I showed you where it ranks in diversity to other schools. VERY HIGH. Proven, with pretty charts and independent links. Strike 3.

I think all that disproportionately big booty has affected your brain. ****, maybe that's a great way to go out. Salute!

PS- look up the word "exponentially" because you don't know what that means either. This is stupid. Out. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back