2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My friend. I will ignore your snide little remark there at the end out of sympathy. Let's break this down again from the start:

You flat out said "UM is a private school with a student body that is at least 80% white." ("at LEAST," lol). You were way, way wrong. So I PROVED to you that what you were saying was incorrect.

So then instead of being a fella, and saying "oh wow, I didn't know that," or "cool, this school that I profess to love has given me yet another reason to be a fan" you lamely moved the goalposts to "I was insinuating the student body is disproportionately white." Which again, is also wrong. I showed you what the racial makeup of the US is. UM's student body is actually disproportionately non-white compared to the population, AND to other colleges and universities. So strike 2.

The fact that you dug in there again, shows you don't understand what the word "disproportionately" means. Disproportionate to WHAT? The context of our conversation is clearly whether UM is a diverse school or not. You think not for some misguided reason. So again, I showed you where it ranks in diversity to other schools. VERY HIGH. Proven, with pretty charts and independent links. Strike 3.

I think all that disproportionately big booty has affected your brain. ****, maybe that's a great way to go out. Salute!

PS- look up the word "exponentially" because you don't know what that means either. This is stupid. Out. Good luck!

I agree that UM is diverse.

Just to play devil’s advocate though. I think he is going off of skin color while walking around campus. A lot of Hispanics in S.Fla can easily pass as a “white” person from a passing glance. Also the same can be said even though less so for some Asians. So unless you are specifically walking around trying to judge whether or not people are of a specific race, you can easily walk around campus not paying attention to it, then when asked, say “it seemed like there were a lot of white people.”

I agree that UM is diverse.

Just to play devil’s advocate though. I think he is going off of skin color while walking around campus. A lot of Hispanics in S.Fla can easily pass as a “white” person from a passing glance. Also the same can be said even though less so for some Asians. So unless you are specifically walking around trying to judge whether or not people are of a specific race, you can easily walk around campus not paying attention to it, then when asked, say “it seemed like there were a lot of white people.”

Taking Notes GIF by One Chicago

I'm not up your ***, bro. It just bothers me when there is misinformation posted about my U. As if it's some lily white elite school only for privileged kids. It's incredibly diverse which is one of the things I'm most proud of as an alum. And not to pile on, but actually you're wrong again. You're not using "disproportionately" correctly. Compared to the US population, UM has disproportionately more minority students that the general population:

As for the percentages being "short by several points," I would assume that is reflecting anyone who chose not to indicate their race, which is a right that each student has. Here you go. This a pie chart (with link in case you'd be interested in taking a deeper dive) for anyone who needs to see it this way.

View attachment 174178

Also we score very highly in student body AND faculty diversity:

View attachment 174180

My White Grandparents are from Cuba, my Black uncle through marriage is Dominican. If they were all asked to fill out that graph based on the options of
Hispanic, White or Black i bet all of them would fill out Hispanic, you see where im getting at?? "Hispanic" is not a race. yet its
part of that graph like it is and btw what the **** is "International" is that a Race now too???
So until there is an actual breakdown of the Hispanic % slice by Race that pie chart is off as far as the Racial make up is concerned.

Also do you realize how many kids/parents are altering their ethnicity on these college applications for scholarship advantages??
And because of that id be willing to bet that a significantly large % of the students identifying as *Other, *Unknown, and *International or actually White

Advertisement
With Shemar looking possible/likely and Kelly & Moss onboard, you have to wonder if he doesn’t get a bit worried about his competition for snaps at DE. I think the kid looks like an outstanding prospect. The Gators don’t see it apparently. It’s a pure Super Mario pull if it happens.

Advertisement
I’m referring to the drama of this fan base clamoring for him, and he’s definitely seeking attention w/ the tweets, edits, etc.
Side effect of the early signing period. Kid didn't get a lot of attention before early signing day and now that the pool of players available is smaller he is getting way more attention in a compressed time period.

He looks great with his hand on the ground he will be a problem. Think we land him for some reason, he should be higher rated and will play better with ballers by hy his side.

Its sad a soccer guy had to explain this on a football board. The ultimate respect is for ballers. I’m sure he might get tested some early on but they’ll figure out that wrestlers aren’t the guys to f with lol.
Dont insult soccer like that, we dont need headgear to play the game!

(most of us dont)

Advertisement
This happens every time we recruit a white kid. Some might say it smells like “reverse racism”, but if we’re being real its just racism lol
Its not racist to say someone won't fit in culturally. One of the running jokes on here is that all the black Miami kids only go to Bama for the bags, because they won't fit in at "tuskkkaloosa" otherwise. I don't even agree with the statement, but I don't find it "reverse racist" or "racist".

Advertisement
Its not racist to say someone won't fit in culturally. One of the running jokes on here is that all the black Miami kids only go to Bama for the bags, because they won't fit in at "tuskkkaloosa" otherwise. I don't even agree with the statement, but I don't find it "reverse racist" or "racist".
Exactly. James Jackson’s brother’s post was an example of some stereotyping and/or prejudice, but it definitely wasn’t racism, and there is no such thing as “reverse racism”. Dudes laughed at Sociology classes but are now in the real world being laughed at for not knowing the difference between terms like: racism, prejudice, stereotypes, and bigotry, or how they function in society. Then a dude uses the fray to make the quintessential “everything ain’t racism” plea 😂. This is of course true, but ok, now what. Dudes have Ph.D’s in what is not racism, but will never tell U or admit to what is.

Country dudes who wouldn’t fit in at UM don’t ever even consider playing here. Country dudes who visit and sign on as Canes usually fit in very well and win credibility on the field like everyone else.

Exactly. James Jackson’s brother’s post was an example of some stereotyping and/or prejudice, but it definitely wasn’t racism, and there is no such thing as “reverse racism”. Dudes laughed at Sociology classes but are now in the real world being laughed at for not knowing the difference between terms like: racism, prejudice, stereotypes, and bigotry, or how they function in society. Then a dude uses the fray to make the quintessential “everything ain’t racism” plea 😂. This is of course true, but ok, now what. Dudes have Ph.D’s in what is not racism, but will never tell U or admit to what is.

Country dudes who wouldn’t fit in at UM don’t ever even consider playing here. Country dudes who visit and sign on as Canes usually fit in very well and win credibility on the field like everyone else.
As usual, you are 100% correct.

I hope Pyburn fits in as well as another country kid who came to play here when Miami was much moar urban centric in popular culture than they are today...

Rusty Medearis, here he is wrecking shop in the 1992 OB where he had 5 sacks against a team that never throws the ball...

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think this kid has a committable offer to either Miami or Auburn, and I'm not going to get upset one way or another about whether we get this kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back